My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

A bit of shedding

id say I’ve noticed at least 60 hairs coming off. Not looking forward to shedding and hope I’m lucky and they stay put! 

scabs were off for exactly day 11. Most fell day 9 but few remained day 10. I followed the video and did circular motions when washing at day 11 and within one wash they were off 

Hello all

its 4 weeks post op yesterday. Will be one calendar month on Monday. 

I have been losing a few hair here and there. Mainly in the shower . I also have a lot of small hair which haven’t grown in the hairline, some of these have been shedding too. I hope these short ones are ones that went into shock after transplantation and will grow back!

A few photos here, some in room light, some with flash and the final one is in direct morning sunlight 

EDBB41EE-B923-4301-A642-89065E24CCE0.png

E200D93C-35C5-4901-9DFC-F12392AE690C.jpeg

147C51AB-BF1F-4E11-A7C5-F1F57E46D575.jpeg

8F13BFB4-C8B5-44BE-8798-9430DDD4C2B3.png

CA121740-DFA5-4DFF-B418-389A0868525C.jpeg

24F0F8C0-3594-4BEB-9EC1-3DC6EA5CD4C7.png

Kristoff

In your first 10 - 12 days how long were yowashing your hair for every day (lotion, x2 shampoo) in total ?im on day 10 of post HT wash most the scabs are off (which makes the scalp stand out more) my coordinator said i can start doing longer massages when washing but i've been  doing it that anyway. And what point did you start sleeping normal positions again?

Farsan

not for long . I’d say just massage the soap in for 2 mins in circular motion then rinse off 

lay normal position is sleeping on my chin and cheek so I went to sleep regular position about 6 days post op 

Hello all

a day off 5 weeks post op now

slowly getting thinner I feel, I know it’s the ugly duckling phase but still worried the hair won’t come back, or worse ; the hair hasn’t shed that much and because it is longer it makes it look thinner #paranoia 

mine thing I have noticed is that the hair on the vertex is pointing in all sorts of directions. Even hairs in double grafts are pointing in different directions to each other . 

Redness is a lot better I feel, and nice to be able to feel my scalp again as numbness has pretty much gone 

142D5809-C9C0-4DE1-878C-57D0234772E6.jpeg

9BB28E0E-C225-4DF5-BFEA-C6117BAED0A4.jpeg

Took a photo on 30’september and again today exact same location, area and with flash.

look at the differnece

one was 30 September and another today 

Ugly duckling phase has proper kicked in

spmeone inwork called me scrotum head ?

C34ABA26-1705-4AD9-B5FB-30B14D8C1735.jpeg

687E83CE-F177-4070-93C2-F393061AAC58.jpeg

Yes I've 

31 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

6 weeks post op - the ugliest duckling there ever was 

E7425040-4F40-460F-84B4-076BB5FE55B4.png

At least you're well underway.  Now it's purely a waiting game I actually really want to start shedding asap and get this process underway!

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

6 weeks post op - the ugliest duckling there ever was 

E7425040-4F40-460F-84B4-076BB5FE55B4.png

At least another 6-weeks of waiting then you should see some growth kick in. 

‘Be sure to wear a hat to prevent sun exposure and damage to grafts when outdoors.

1 minute ago, Kraistoff said:

It’s just like the pain of losing my hair all over again but In fast forward! I know it will / should come

back but cannot help worrying about my results in case I did something wrong  

From your photos it doesn’t look as if you’ve done anything wrong, but, like I mentioned keep your scalp out of the sun or covered, also take a daily biotin supplement, eat a good clean protein rich diet, don’t wash your scalp too much drying it out and creating skin flaking and dandruff, only use a baby shampoo, do not use any hair styling products or hair fibers or dyes, and do not hit your head on anything. ?

Hello all

hope you are all doing well

a little almost 7 week post op update 

bofh myself and my fiancé are convinced I have new hair sprouting from beneath the skin.

see below zoomed in photos. Some

hairs (in our opinion) can be seen trapped beneath the skin and I am seeing new hairs every day . 

I don’t even care if it’s my imagination. It feels so good having hair on my slick bald head, if things stayed as they are I’m happier than I was before with my hair. 

Please have a look and let me know what you think 

8E21545C-3C5C-4920-98EB-80DDA2DB6D60.jpeg

842986E2-8301-4140-B2AA-7C279019C2AF.jpeg

1EE5A76A-BFB8-4A34-B3A3-12F81B8421A9.jpeg

7B9C5EB6-ABD9-404B-85AD-2B42EFC2EC42.jpeg

5522FFDA-A0C1-41E9-A608-85ED9E2F8B4D.jpeg

57BD0F95-8142-4196-B81F-A9A2781E3E06.png

Well into the ugly duck stage I'm starting to shed a fair amount now alot looks alot more bare this early on for me just 4 weeks. When did you stop shampoo every day? I've started putting pure aloe vera on donar area. Not sure if I should put it on transplanted area. 

@Kraistoff,

Thanks for sharing your progress pictures as you go through each stage. I know personally how hard of the docking fees is. You experience all these doubts and worry that the hair won’t come back but then they sign of hope… You feel like there may be a new hair coming through the skin. And if you think there is, there probably is. But most the time, the hair that comes back in at first is thin, colorless and wispy.   But over time, these Harris will darken, second and be the caliber of your natural hair. 

I know you were a little anxious and nervous at the stage as we all are, but hanging in there. Several more weeks to go and you should start seeing some signs of growth. It could take anywhere up to five months to see some growth sprouting but you might experienced it around three months. 

Please  keep us posted, 

Bill