My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

19 minutes ago, MHR84 said:
On 3/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, FarsanUk said:

Take a look at my thread! I think we have same identical hair type and issues

Hello

i have already seen your thread . It has me worried 

has the clinic been asking you for results and checking how you are? What have they said to you? Have you spoke to the doctor about your result yet ? 

2 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Hello

i have already seen your thread . It has me worried 

has the clinic been asking you for results and checking how you are? What have they said to you? Have you spoke to the doctor about your result yet ? 

No nothing much of follow up from their side, i must say. But tbh it have n,t bothered me either. As one have to wait atleast 12 month in order to complain or make a claim or any thing else. 

Last time i spoke to my co ordinator so she told me that doctor thinks most of the hair have grown and need time to mature. I am currently 9 and a half month on my way to 12 month mark. Lets see where i stand in 2 months. I have recently uploaded pictures from 9 month mark. Take a look u havent seen so u can get a idea of ur 9 month scenario. Best of luck

9 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

No nothing much of follow up from their side, i must say. But tbh it have n,t bothered me either. As one have to wait atleast 12 month in order to complain or make a claim or any thing else. 

Last time i spoke to my co ordinator so she told me that doctor thinks most of the hair have grown and need time to mature. I am currently 9 and a half month on my way to 12 month mark. Lets see where i stand in 2 months. I have recently uploaded pictures from 9 month mark. Take a look u havent seen so u can get a idea of ur 9 month scenario. Best of luck

I was / am surprised by this really. I was told they would want day 10 photos from me when I left but nobody ever asked for these I sent my own 14 day to Seek some advice and reassurances 

14 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

I was / am surprised by this really. I was told they would want day 10 photos from me when I left but nobody ever asked for these I sent my own 14 day to Seek some advice and reassurances 

My coordinator contacted me at 6 months asking for photos. I think they must have just remembered me as they said they follow what I write on these forums. I havnt sent anything to them because well what's the point? They will never write that oh it dont look good or that's a bit worrying. They will tell you like they tell the hundreds of other patients to wait at least 12 months and some circumstances they'll tell you to wait 18 months. I agree with you that in your case they should have better after care communication but let's face it whether your progress is good or bad they will tell you the same thing and if it the end of 12 to 18 months it hasn't changed much they'll simply offer you a free touch up so it's a pointless exercise unless you actually lived close to the clinic and could have the doctor inspect your progress which is pretty useful. What's done is done the surgery has happened and  nothing can change what may or may not be the outcome, all you me and the other guys can do is wait 12 months, re assess the situation and decide what we want done and by whom.

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

My coordinator contacted me at 6 months asking for photos. I think they must have just remembered me as they said they follow what I write on these forums. I havnt sent anything to them because well what's the point? They will never write that oh it dont look good or that's a bit worrying. They will tell you like they tell the hundreds of other patients to wait at least 12 months and some circumstances they'll tell you to wait 18 months. I agree with you that in your case they should have better after care communication but let's face it whether your progress is good or bad they will tell you the same thing and if it the end of 12 to 18 months it hasn't changed much they'll simply offer you a free touch up so it's a pointless exercise unless you actually lived close to the clinic and could have the doctor inspect your progress which is pretty useful. What's done is done the surgery has happened and  nothing can change what may or may not be the outcome, all you me and the other guys can do is wait 12 months, re assess the situation and decide what we want done and by whom.

Cheers farsan

i reckon you’re doing well though. 

Hopefully more hair will sprout behind hairline . Most worrying thing for people must be the fact they are using finite grafts , sometimes it isn’t as simple as getting it rectified elsewhere . 

I want to also add that once we all get to 12 months the next stage should be a very well thought out and detailed as well as well researched stage. The next stage is the most important stage because if there is another sub par performance by what ever clinic, that would lead to a life time of depression and misery. Im telling you this because when you increase the amount of surgeries a day quality will inevitably drop and so you get hit or missed alot more no matter how well trained a tech is it's not her name on top of the door. Yes if you are lucky enough to get a really good tech who is constantly monitored by the doctor that's a great match.Dont cheap out guys get consultations from truly ethical doctors who do all the work , right all the wrongs that were done before and get it right this time whatever the cost is - because it will cost alot of money - if you cant afford it then dont do it try and get by with hair fibres till you can afford it. 

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Cheers farsan

i reckon you’re doing well though. 

Hopefully more hair will sprout behind hairline . Most worrying thing for people must be the fact they are using finite grafts , sometimes it isn’t as simple as getting it rectified elsewhere . 

Well to be honest you probably have 7 to 8k donar from which 4500 have been used. You certainly wont need the same amount of grafts again as there is enough coverage there. The donar looks great as always from asmed so you have plenty of reason to be hopeful.

8 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Well to be honest you probably have 7 to 8k donar from which 4500 have been used. You certainly wont need the same amount of grafts again as there is enough coverage there. The donar looks great as always from asmed so you have plenty of reason to be hopeful.

Cheers farsan

still hoping it will get better to be honest . I didn’t expect paying £10k to still be unhappy 18 months after . Perhaps after 5 years I would need another . 

3 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Yes I’ve also start minoxidil once a day too 

You do know that you will go through a shed when you start minoxidil and if you're using it just to speed the growth - when you stop using it any hairs that were saved will be lost. You literally have to stay on it forever. I came of minoxidil a long time ago as my hair loss just got worse and worse and it never saved any hairs apart from the first 8 months I noticed improvement but then it just completely stopped working and hairloss progressed.

5 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

You do know that you will go through a shed when you start minoxidil and if you're using it just to speed the growth - when you stop using it any hairs that were saved will be lost. You literally have to stay on it forever. I came of minoxidil a long time ago as my hair loss just got worse and worse and it never saved any hairs apart from the first 8 months I noticed improvement but then it just completely stopped working and hairloss progressed.

The same is true for finasteride, though.  All it does it buy you time while you're on it and then all of that hair is ultimately lost.

2 minutes ago, LordBaldwin said:

The same is true for finasteride, though.  All it does it buy you time while you're on it and then all of that hair is ultimately lost.

Someone on here had said it sped growth up after a hair transplant and they had good results (from asmed too) 

i was under the understanding it made miniaturised hairs shed and not healthy hairs 

5 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Someone on here had said it sped growth up after a hair transplant and they had good results (from asmed too) 

i was under the understanding it made miniaturised hairs shed and not healthy hairs 

Well, yes, that could be true.  Both minoxidil and finasteride have that effect (causing initial shed but overall slowing or even slightly reducing loss), albeit by different mechanisms (finasteride by inhibiting DHT production in the body and minoxidil by unknown processes).  The shed is usually the miniaturized hair.  It probably wouldn't hurt you to use minox, though it, like finasteride, will only work as long as you're using it. 

Do you have small/fine hairs growing in the thin areas, or are the gaps bare?  

19 minutes ago, LordBaldwin said:

Well, yes, that could be true.  Both minoxidil and finasteride have that effect (causing initial shed but overall slowing or even slightly reducing loss), albeit by different mechanisms (finasteride by inhibiting DHT production in the body and minoxidil by unknown processes).  The shed is usually the miniaturized hair.  It probably wouldn't hurt you to use minox, though it, like finasteride, will only work as long as you're using it. 

Do you have small/fine hairs growing in the thin areas, or are the gaps bare?  

To be honest it’s difficult to tell. Sure is see some fine hair in some Areas but cannot be sure 

4 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

To be honest it’s difficult to tell. Sure is see some fine hair in some Areas but cannot be sure 

Hmm, alright.  You might want to consider getting a digital microscope to get a better look.  In any case, at 7 months, 70% of the hairs should have popped and 50% will have matured, so you might be only about 35% done and there's definitely hope for things to improve (it only seems to look a bit thin in certain areas in direct light).  You don't look like an early grower, but you don't necessarily look like a slow grower either.  If there are fine hairs in the thin areas, there's still good reason to be optimistic, as that would indicate that grafts survived but have yet to mature.

3 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Ive taken a zoomed in photo of a known large freckle which is visible in my post op photos 

glad to see most of not all the grafts have grown . 

E985E4EF-A4D9-4B56-8265-11D93AF4D852.jpeg

42317C36-AF06-4B35-87D0-564818DF9A2A.jpeg

51C2D08C-EB4A-4026-9104-69DD46A00738.jpeg

6CE32E36-D2F1-42FB-932B-E41B4E4A8960.png

Cool, so we know most of the grafts have grown.  Now what I'd recommend is to take a similar image of a thicker part of the transplanted area (you can get a sense of scale by holding a ruler against it while you take the picture and then digitally drawing a circle or box of a specific dimension on the image); try to determine if the number of transplanted grafts per unit area is different between the thicker and thinner area, or if it's just a matter of the hair in the thinner area being finer (i.e., less mature).  If it's the latter, you'll probably be ok. 

Hello all,

I’m debating whether to go for a hair cut or not !

when I combe my hair, I think it looks quite good (a lot better than I did before) 

i think we have to style the hair after a transplant , and quite often it will look worse if it’s scruffy . 

Below are photos I took now in the window so pretty harsh lighting , hair combed forward. 

I can also see many newish hairs with close up. 

Its tough reading negative comments about other people experiences , it is also tough not to read them. We always feel the need to compare to other people. 

1EA280DE-5B84-4259-BE88-A2C2C84037BF.jpeg

F542E1B2-BA2F-41BC-B3F7-E829FD941FFE.jpeg

CF6F3272-8D13-4946-BA4E-65DE1B16F41F.jpeg

9BF3BC39-C8F3-4A2D-A522-F8E132712149.jpeg

F47EAE02-772E-4DED-B7EA-1028B7812FF4.jpeg

You know, for 7 months, this really doesn't look bad.  The fact that you're still seeing "many newish hairs" is a very good sign.

Personally, I think cutting hair short is a good way to go.  I do this myself, as thin hair tends to look better when it's short (and I'd know because I'd been experiencing diffuse thinning since the beginning and had been struggling to find hairstyles that didn't look awful).

• Like 1

• Administrators

Try to grow your hair a little longer. This will help with the layering effect. The shorter the hair the less layering you can do. So far it looks pretty good leaps and bounds better than how you looked before surgery that's for sure. The great thing about ASMED is they stand by their work and want to make their patients happy. If by 12 months you want a little more density they will do a touch-up.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Try to grow your hair a little longer. This will help with the layering effect. The shorter the hair the less layering you can do. So far it looks pretty good leaps and bounds better than how you looked before surgery that's for sure. The great thing about ASMED is they stand by their work and want to make their patients happy. If by 12 months you want a little more density they will do a touch-up.

Cheers guys

As per my above photo (zoomed in with split pic) most of the hair has grown I believe 

tinge transplant looked a lot more dense immediately after surgery due to the skin surrounding them and again a lot denser when scabs / crusts started to form. Perhaps people are disappointed when the wounds heal and the hairs don’t have the same effect on the dense look. 

Fingers crossed. It is difficult to not send neurotic emails to the clinic 

i cannot really do anything with my hair when left natural. In any kind of light it is see through, with the scalp visible , especially since the rest of the hair is relatively thick

i have asked the clinic if the fact I have dark hair and light skin will be an issue (contrast) and they have assured me that it won’t , that contrast between hair and skin isn’t the only thing that counts in a result . 

I was expecting to be able to style my hair at this point, but in the sun it looks worse than before in my opinion. In dim light it looks good, but the density isn’t enough to cover my pale skin. No good when summer is on the way. Trying to find evidence of other results where there’s an explosion of growth after 7 months . 

I have attached photos of my head in direct sunlight . The left side (my left) is a lot worse than the right . This means i have to comb over from the right and use my middle tuft of hair as a comb over . 

Below photos show it in direct sunlight. Last few are with a little bit of wax , and then with Toppik. 

I dont want to have to depent on toppik for the rest the rest of my thirties . The clinic used a computer to calculate coverage values , which worked out the amount of grafts needed so I wouldn’t have thought this would have been an issue . 

F80B5868-D69E-4FA5-B6A8-F9663FAF35A5.jpeg

87C7C5FA-8626-4149-B753-35D7AE6BF6F4.jpeg

37EAD891-BDC1-4B57-9CE3-0D5CC60328CA.jpeg

66CFB275-789B-4533-980A-E2FDD013C51B.jpeg

B62CB35F-23F0-4B6F-B3E5-C2D9BA1E57DC.jpeg

8A151751-1D56-4B79-8787-5C9807B11F06.jpeg

C7329E4B-A491-4977-8A7A-6A4A825DE740.jpeg

3225127B-E3C7-44DF-AA79-65266AF47B62.jpeg

23B34FB2-547A-479E-94E3-C19ED12E2AB9.jpeg

1E725C44-69DE-4E89-ABC6-08DC4ACDAE09.jpeg

F927216F-EE44-42CA-AB99-9FBF31B18600.jpeg

Hey man, I don’t mean to cause you more worry but to be very honest for the amount of grafts you got all just in your frontal third area and at 7 months there should be more there. You very likely could get another growth spurt since technically this is about 60% of the final result so I think if at the 9 or 10 month mark it hasn’t improved then the clinic has some explaining to do, it wasn’t 1,500 grafts but 4,500 so something could be off by them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Hey man, I don’t mean to cause you more worry but to be very honest for the amount of grafts you got all just in your frontal third area and at 7 months there should be more there. You very likely could get another growth spurt since technically this is about 60% of the final result so I think if at the 9 or 10 month mark it hasn’t improved then the clinic has some explaining to do, it wasn’t 1,500 grafts but 4,500 so something could be off by them.

Thanks for the feedback

I was wondering if multi grafts took longer to sprout . Seems most singles sprouted