haircut pre fue

You might as well try to minimalize the damage.  If your doctor buzzes the recipient area there is no reason not to get a buzz cut.  YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A BARBER AFTER THE TRANSPLANTS!  If he doesn't buzz the recipient area you can get one of those current styles that buzzes the sides and back.  Even with that your top will look like crap until the scabs fall off and you can really comb your hair.  I apply a saline solution often to the scabs so my hair always looks flat.  Day 6 for me and I have not touched the transplants.  I shampoo every day by mixing baby shampoo in a cup of luke wram water and pouring it over my scalp.  I use my fingers on the donor area, but do not touch the grafts.  I then use a cup again to pour over my hair and I let my top hair air dry.  DON'T TOUCH THE TRANSPLANTS!

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

You could if you wanted to, but it really just depends on how your surgeon is planning on shaving your scalp for the procedure. You're gonna have to have it shaved down in some capacity, and depending on how many grafts you're getting, whether you're doing FUE or Strip, etc. it may not even be worth it. Call your surgeon and see what he has to say. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56