Thread/Link for Week-by-Week Process

Just as the title says, I've been looking for a thread or a link where someone has captured their HT journey week-by-week (or even shorter) so I can get a sense of the visual results of the recovery and growth process. The search function here is improved but I still haven't found what I've been looking for so any help or guidance to find what I'm looking for would be appreciated!

• Administrators

There is no point in documenting results week by week, in fact most patients drive themselves mad trying to do this, after you have surgery you do not see results until the 3rd to 4th month. This is why we always advise patients to post their progress monthly not weekly.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This guy does a great week by week documentation. Agree with Melvin that thinking about and recording it on a week by week basis likely to just cause stress. Personally find it hard not to do the same however.

As Melvin said also worth keeping expectations very low until at least the 4th month mark for the beginnings of growth.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There is no point in documenting results week by week, in fact most patients drive themselves mad trying to do this, after you have surgery you do not see results until the 3rd to 4th month. This is why we always advise patients to post their progress monthly not weekly.

Sage advice, unless you want to drive yourself crazy.  I know the transplants can take 4-6 months so waiting for that is worse than watching grass grow.  I remember with my first transplant that it just seemed like all of a sudden they were there.  I am only in day 6, but I do wish the donor area would grow faster so I don't have to walk around with this foolish haircut.  LOL  I hate wearing hats.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More