5113 FUT - Dr Hasson - March 2018

Spaceman

Hello Forum.  This is my first post.  I had an FUT with Dr. Hasson in March 2018. 5113 Grafts, of which approximately 2/3 went into the front and 1/3 into the crown.  I'm submitting some photos of the journey and my results so far.

Here are the pre-op pics.  Sorry, I don't have any pre-op pics of the crown area.

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

Here are a few more early pics.  The first is a day 2 post-op pic.  The second is from day 5 or so.  Lot's of scabs.  As you can see, I was too timid with the washing.  The next two are from day 7 after the scabs came off, and you can see the work.

fullsizeoutput_d.png

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

_AyKah0yQj64iyf3bC0Nyw.jpg

@jj51702 thank you!  

Regarding post-op care, Dr. Hasson has a pretty simple protocol .  They sent me home with a neck pillow, a pillow case cover, pain tablets for 2-3 days, one week of antibiotics, a couple of sleeping pills, a bottle of herbal shampoo, and a loose fitting baseball hat that I wore out the door. 

I went back to clinic for the first washing.  Unfortunately I never got to use the herbal shampoo. I forgot it was in my carry-on going through airport security and it was confiscated.  I had to use baby shampoo instead.  The instructions were to pat it on lightly on days 2-5 and then use medium fingertip pressure on days 5-7.   In hindsight, I was too gentle with the washing during the first week.

At one week I soaked the scabs with mineral oil and then lightly massaged them off in the shower.  I repeated that 2-3 times that day until most of the scabs were gone.  From then on I used regular shampoo with with more pressure.

12 hours ago, alex79 said:

Great results. How is the scar ? Is it visible?

Thanks!  The scar has healed really well. The redness has faded and the ingrown hair issues have settled down. It is not detectable with my hair at 3 guard length  It helps that my scalp is very pale.  Here is a pic of the scar today with my hair a bit longer (time for a haircut).

IMG_1441.jpg

Edited by Spaceman

The front is turning out great. How is the crown turning out..? 

There wasn't much pain involved with my FUT. It was more of an ache, than "pain"...and it lasted for a week or two.  What hurt was when my local Dr. pulled the sutures out. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Great results, thanks for updating us with your progress. Dr. Hasson, has another home run.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.