HT with Dr. Paul Shapiro - FUT - 3947 Grafts - 8/13/2018

dberliner

So after lurking around this forum for a while I had decided to dive in head first (pun intended) and go ahead with the transplant. If you'd like to ask me any specific questions I'd be happy to answer. I'll just say that the HT itself was relatively painless and aside from some acceptable uncomfortableness and tenderness in the first 3 weeks the entire process was relatively as smooth as one would expect.

I've been taking Finasteride for 2 and half months prior to surgery and I'm using Minoxidil once daily starting 2 weeks after surgery, per Shapiro's instructions.

I was a NW 3/4 with balding spots in the crown and heavy thinning in the frontal hairline region. Shapiro has decided on using the entire grafts extracted on the frontal region and let Finasteride do its trick on the crown area.

Right now I'm at the 1 month mark. I've been losing a lot of hair during this time, especially after starting to apply Minoxidil.   I will update every month or two with pictures of my progress. Hopefully it will be a good one!

Pre-op Day of surgery.jpg

Pre-Op Day of Surgery2.jpg

Edited by dberliner

• Administrators

Thanks for updating us with your progress,  please keep us updated in the next months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, SWdan said:

Looking good brother. You'll be a new man in six or seven months from now.

Thanks, my friend.  I most certainly hope so! 1 month post op certainly puts some doubts in you as you look worse off than when you started this journey!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sensible approach by Dr. Shapiro. You look like you have a good amount of hair at the crown that could potentially be saved by finasteride, so concentrating the grafts of the frontal area makes sense. Still very early days so hang in there. Things should start happening in the next few weeks.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, PeloDinero said:

Max grafts dog 

Yes, that was indeed the main reason. Also, a possible second future operation will be easier after a FUT (even if I'll switch to FUE) due to smaller donor area extraction.

Thanks for the wishes, guys. I'll keep on waitin'!

• 4 weeks later...

End of Month 4. What a difference a month makes! Growth has started. From up close it still looks like a separate group of fine hair that's not yet fully matured but from a bit of a distance the hair has started to blend in really well. Excited for more to come in the next couple of months!

IMG_20181214_221527.jpg

Edited by dberliner
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hdude46 said:

Any updates mate?

Absolutely! Sorry about that. Life and routine caught up with me :)

What can I say... I'm right after the much anticipated 6 month point and that's the result so far.  I couldn't have imagined anything much better than this!

Hairline looks full and healthy. I still have the crown area not fully covered by the use of Finasteride, but it has improved somewhat. The difference is remarkable and noticeable. I hope for more thickness in the next few months but I'm already quite happy.

IMG_20190225_084516.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dberliner said:

Absolutely! Sorry about that. Life and routine caught up with me :)

What can I say... I'm right after the much anticipated 6 month point and that's the result so far.  I couldn't have imagined anything much better than this!

Hairline looks full and healthy. I still have the crown area not fully covered by the use of Finasteride, but it has improved somewhat. The difference is remarkable and noticeable. I hope for more thickness in the next few months but I'm already quite happy.

IMG_20190225_084516.jpg

Wow

• 2 weeks later...