Shifty

Pre-HT product use/regimen to improve results

Ive seen a few post-op threads, no pre-op threads. I have my HT scheduled for next July with the hopes someone cancels before that and I can jump in their spot.

I take vitamins daily, always have, including biotin every day. I tried Rogaine a few years ago with no results, still have a few foam bottles left. I am contemplating the use of Finesteride just not happy with possible side effects.

Anything else that might help improve the results afterwards?

Give fin a try. Most don’t experience side effects. If you do, you can stop. HTs can cause shock loss of surrounding hairs. Fin can help protect against shock loss but you need to take it for a few months in advance. Eat a healthy diet. Don’t smoke. Other than that, there is not much you can do ahead of time. 

Oh, and if you’re having an FUT do laxity exercises and grow your hair out long enough to conceal the donor.

Hi, 

Definitely consider getting onto 1mg finasteride daily to help maintain and strengthen the existing situation. Hair loss is progressive and without a reg in place you are only ever going to lose more hair over time. A builder who is going to build a wall to stand the test of time builds it on a foundation. 😎

Info here to help on medication and type. 

Visit my website for my Free Ebook www.SpexHair.com  You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

Ive peaked as far as hair loss, its not genetic in my family so lucky me. It happened fairly quickly and I am no longer losing hair. Its one of the reasons I am getting the HT.

Will Fin help regrow hairs that are still there?

7 hours ago, Shifty said:

Ive peaked as far as hair loss, its not genetic in my family so lucky me. It happened fairly quickly and I am no longer losing hair. Its one of the reasons I am getting the HT.

Will Fin help regrow hairs that are still there?

How do you know it's not genetic? have you been evaluated by a medical professional?

If it's not genetic hair loss then an HT shouldn't be necessary because external factors have cause temporal hair loss.

Almost all permanent hair loss is from your genetic predisposition to DHT that will shrink hair follicles on the top of the scalp.

Fin helps reduce excess DHT in the body which means less is in the blood stream to potentially shrink your hair follicles, this, in turn, slows down or halts hair loss caused by DHT.

Used early it can reverse some hair miniaturization, but it is case by case.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

@Speegs I know because other than some receding hair lines, no one has it as bad as me. Little tid bit about me, it happened so fast I don’t think anyone knows. I wear a hat all the time and have even tried systems, the systems is another story because they effed me up pretty bad I think. 

6 hours ago, Shifty said:

@Speegs I know because other than some receding hair lines, no one has it as bad as me. Little tid bit about me, it happened so fast I don’t think anyone knows. I wear a hat all the time and have even tried systems, the systems is another story because they effed me up pretty bad I think. 

That sounds genetic and you should get a medical opinion.

It's in your best interests before pursuing surgery.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

16 hours ago, Shifty said:

Just because you don’t see hair loss in your immediate family doesn’t mean you didn’t inherit the gene. I am a perfect example, here I am with my 61 year old father and 41 year old brother, neither have ever been on any hair loss medication of any kind ever let alone had three hair transplants like me. But, I still have genetic hair loss which I inherited through my great uncle. Further research is needed on your part.

055D4724-15D9-4DF3-AA9D-4C6A33CA37F6.jpeg

Co-Moderator Editorial Assistant

I do not provide medical advice, you should always seek medical advice from a doctor or qualified healthcare provider. My responses are my opinion.

My first thread

Hairline Procedure with Dr. Diep

My updated thread

Crown Procedure with Dr. Diep

View my patient website

Patient website