Erdogan 2700 4/23/18

raptor

I got a HT 2700 done in my frontal region with Dr. Koray Erdogan 4/23/18.

I am about 4.5 months now. Most of the area is growing, but there is a particularly large bald spot with no sprouts at all.

I contacted Muge at the clinic who said to wait until 8 months.

However, I am concerned as there are literally no hairs in this area. I am taking finasteride 1.25 mg every day.

Any thoughts?

Hair.jpg

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, raptor said:

Not sure what happened here but my other post got deleted. I find it troublesome that the moderators would delete my post because I am not happy with my FUE with Erdogan. I don't think that's being objective. I got FUE by Erdogan Asmed April 2018. Hairline is way too straight and low. People actually commented on this and it is quite embarrassing so I wear a hat now. I am now looking for a repair. If you want pictures or advice please pm me. 

To be honest in my opinion it’s really difficult to make a hairline transplant look 100 percent natural unless your hairline isn’t completely gone. For example if it just thinned out and needs to be reinforced. Creating a new hairline and putting hair where there is now no hair isn’t going to look completely naturally most of the time. How close to natural it looks of course in the end depends on the doctor you choose though.

Just now, Awarem3 said:

To be honest in my opinion it’s really difficult to make a hairline transplant look 100 percent natural unless your hairline isn’t completely gone. For example if it just thinned out and needs to be reinforced. Creating a new hairline and putting hair where there is now no hair isn’t going to look completely naturally most of the time. How close to natural it looks of course in the end depends on the doctor you choose though.

I agree that it's really difficult but it's not impossible. this website has many, many examples of badly balding dudes who, in the hands of a Konior or a H&W achieved incredibly hairlines.

if you shine a flashlight at most men's hairlines, regardless of whether they've had a HT done, you'll see scalp. in my opinion the biggest problem is hairline placement. questionable doctors want to wow their patients with teenager style hairlines- low and straight- but they don't actually account for how many more grafts that lower, straight hairline will need. So they sprinkle a ton of grafts around and end up with poor coverage. A much smarter approach would be to embrace the patient's age, give him a conservative hairline, and focus on giving him a great, natural result. 

I'll take a natural densely packed receding hairline ANY DAY over one of these mega-FUE monstrosities. but that's just me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

I agree that it's really difficult but it's not impossible. this website has many, many examples of badly balding dudes who, in the hands of a Konior or a H&W achieved incredibly hairlines.

if you shine a flashlight at most men's hairlines, regardless of whether they've had a HT done, you'll see scalp. in my opinion the biggest problem is hairline placement. questionable doctors want to wow their patients with teenager style hairlines- low and straight- but they don't actually account for how many more grafts that lower, straight hairline will need. So they sprinkle a ton of grafts around and end up with poor coverage. A much smarter approach would be to embrace the patient's age, give him a conservative hairline, and focus on giving him a great, natural result. 

I'll take a natural densely packed receding hairline ANY DAY over one of these mega-FUE monstrosities. but that's just me

I agree, I actually went to H&W myself to have my hairline which reinforced. I was still pretty much a Norwood 1 but my hairline and frontal area was diffuse thinning and see through. The main reason I opted for them is because of dr.wongs conservative approach. I was confused and worried when he started drawing on my scalp which refers to your post in regards to guys wanting this perfect straight zero recession hairline but it all worked out in the end

2 minutes ago, Awarem3 said:

I agree, I actually went to H&W myself to have my hairline which reinforced. I was still pretty much a Norwood 1 but my hairline and frontal area was diffuse thinning and see through. The main reason I opted for them is because of dr.wongs conservative approach. I was confused and worried when he started drawing on my scalp which refers to your post in regards to guys wanting this perfect straight zero recession hairline but it all worked out in the end

yep. I had the exact same experience during the "hairline drawing" part of my surgery. I sheepishly brought up lowering it and I am so glad my doctor was no bullshit about it and said it would look stupid.

also: implanting the hair at the correct angle means that the hairline will look lower anyway. the issue is with the plug/doll look, where the hairs stick up and you see exactly where the hairline starts and ends. 

at the end of the day doctors are people, and some people have better taste and judgement than others. not to sound like a snob, but it's true. ever see some guy or gal who have ZERO color coordination? they probably think they look amazing. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, raptor said:

Not sure what happened here but my other post got deleted. I find it troublesome that the moderators would delete my post because I am not happy with my FUE with Erdogan. I don't think that's being objective. I got FUE by Erdogan Asmed April 2018. Hairline is way too straight and low. People actually commented on this and it is quite embarrassing so I wear a hat now. I am now looking for a repair. If you want pictures or advice please pm me. 

For one, you created a thread with no pictures stating the results were bad. Secondly, I asked you to privately identify yourself with your name and date of surgery so I could confirm you are a patient of Dr. Erdogan, in order to maintain a fair environment we ask that patients provide us with this information, so that we can reach out to the clinic. I did not receive this information from you. Therefore, as I stated I was forced to move  the topic out if public view. 

Furthermore, you have not posted any current photos of your hairline and you are not close to 12 months. Unfortunately, there is not much the clinic or this forum can do, because every patient must allow the alotted time for a hair transplant to grow which is 12 months not 6.  Again, I will ask you to provide this information to me via private message.

In addition, this forum is not a free for all to bash any particular surgeon, if you have a complaint about a surgeon we ask that you at least share photos of how your hair looks currently. Otherwise, what good does this thread do? For anyone researching a doctor they will only see a negative review with no photos to prove what the patient is saying is true.  

Thanks- Melvin 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

. I'll take a natural densely packed receding hairline ANY DAY over one of these mega-FUE monstrosities. but that's just me

Agree with this. My hairline always been fairly high and means my forehead is prominent but I wouldn't want to lower it at all to be honest. Widows peak is still there and quite happily have a the receded look. I am closing in on 40 though, so appreciate the younger guys out there may be looking for something else.

Again I may be wrong but my gut instinct is that Asmed are more an 'out the box' kind of solution for those with more extensive balding and there's a good chance someone in the NW 4/5 region with good donor characteristics looking at 5000 or so grafts will more often than not be happy one year after a procedure with them

Those with less balding with the focus much more on adding density to an existing hairline/lowering the hairline somewhat may well want to consider other options where there is evidence of more consistent results when it comes to refinement/naturalness. Not to say Asmed don't have good examples of this kind of procedures but maybe a surgeon with more consistent results for work in the frontal area is required, with consistency being the key criteria.

Patients who still have a good amount of hair and have work done just on the front/hairline are justifiably going to scrutinise that smaller area much more after a procedure compared to someone who has a lost a lot of hair all over and who may well be happy overall 12 months down the line in that they are in a better place cosmetically compared to pre-op, so expectation has its part to play. 

Again all the above is just the impression I've got, but I may be wrong.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, raptor said:

I definitely did not get any messages from the moderator before about submitting my information. I am disappointed that there is such bias on the forum that should be neutral. I am concerned that there may be some financial relationship between the forum and specific physicians. If anyone has any concerns with dr Koray erdogan or asmed please pm me and we can discuss privately. 

I’ve asked you to send me a private message with your name and date of surgery.  Furthermore, this forum does not work for any clinic nor does it sell hair transplants, this is a forum for patients by patients, but im concerned that you do not want to provide me with your information or pictures. Also, you are 6 months post-op you must allow a full 12 months for the final results. 

If you really feel the results are bad, post the pictures publicly and let the community decide. I don’t understand why you don’t want to post a photo of youe hairline now. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, raptor said:

It’s not very difficult to post current photos to substantiate your claims dude.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 4:08 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

For one, you created a thread with no pictures stating the results were bad. Secondly, I asked you to privately identify yourself with your name and date of surgery so I could confirm you are a patient of Dr. Erdogan, in order to maintain a fair environment we ask that patients provide us with this information, so that we can reach out to the clinic. I did not receive this information from you. Therefore, as I stated I was forced to move  the topic out if public view. 

Furthermore, you have not posted any current photos of your hairline and you are not close to 12 months. Unfortunately, there is not much the clinic or this forum can do, because every patient must allow the alotted time for a hair transplant to grow which is 12 months not 6.  Again, I will ask you to provide this information to me via private message.

In addition, this forum is not a free for all to bash any particular surgeon, if you have a complaint about a surgeon we ask that you at least share photos of how your hair looks currently. Otherwise, what good does this thread do? For anyone researching a doctor they will only see a negative review with no photos to prove what the patient is saying is true.  

Thanks- Melvin 

Melvin,

is this a standard procedure of this forum or only for certain approved surgeons? Like if someone were to posted a negative review without pics of a joe blow surgeon’ work, would the forum reach out to the clinic to verify the information?

Thanks

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, ILtrooper said:

Melvin,

is this a standard procedure of this forum or only for certain approved surgeons? Like if someone were to posted a negative review without pics of a joe blow surgeon’ work, would the forum reach out to the clinic to verify the information?

Thanks

No, this is the process for recommended surgeons, because this forum is built on accountability. If there is a patient with bad results or a negative experience from a recommended surgeon it is our duty to find the root cause for what happened. In fact, when surgeons are approved for recommendation they know that they may be held accountable publicly.

With that said, we do not reach out to every clinic, because were not the hair transplant police and why would a non-affiliated clinic/doctor respond to our forum. 

In this case, the patient refuses to send me his information so I can reach out to the clinic, he refuses to post any updated pictures and he’s also at 6 months, so the final result is not even known. None of his allegations can be verified at all. At this point, there’s not much we can do, because he doesn’t want to be helped. 

View my thread

57 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No, this is the process for recommended surgeons, because this forum is built on accountability. If there is a patient with bad results or a negative experience from a recommended surgeon it is our duty to find the root cause for what happened. In fact, when surgeons are approved for recommendation they know that they may be held accountable publicly.

With that said, we do not reach out to every clinic, because were not the hair transplant police and why would a non-affiliated clinic/doctor respond to our forum. 

In this case, the patient refuses to send me his information so I can reach out to the clinic, he refuses to post any updated pictures and he’s also at 6 months, so the final result is not even known. None of his allegations can be verified at all. At this point, there’s not much we can do, because he doesn’t want to be helped. 

Ok cool thanks. Makes sense.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, raptor said:

I’m not seeking to bash or be helped. Just giving my opinion from my experience. It’s a bit troublesome the moderator wants my personal information.  Message me for specific questions.

Yes we require your information to confirm you’re a patient, also how can we confirm you are a patient of Dr. Erdogan unless you  give us this information. At this point, you’re at 6 months, with no photos. Your allegations and claims are not substantiated and this thread helps no one unfortunately.

View my thread

On 10/26/2018 at 9:31 PM, raptor said:

I’m not seeking to bash or be helped. Just giving my opinion from my experience. It’s a bit troublesome the moderator wants my personal information.  Message me for specific questions.

Raptor,

You might find a troublesome, but this is our policies and in accordance to the terms of service you agreed with when you signed up. If you are going to share your experience and make claims that you’ve had bad results, then you may be required to post pictures and privately identify yourself to one of the moderators so that we can notify the clinic in order to give them the ability to share their side of the story. That’s the only way to keep this discussion forum balanced and fair. Again, you’ve been asked to do this so you are expected to cooperate. Are you going to send Melvin or myself your information like you were asked or not?

Moreover, you are just barely 6 months out from surgery, you do understand that it takes six months to see the final results right? Bottom line, you’re not even close to mature ration yet, so you need to wait it out and I suggest being patient and calming down. 

Bill

• Administrators

I've asked Raptor several times to message me this information and he refuses. In addition, he refuses to post any updated photos of his hairline, so his allegations can't be substantiated by anyone. In my opinion, he's a patient who's finding it difficult to wait the full 12 months necessary for the results to manifest.

View my thread

I think people (prior patients specifically) can sometimes be scared to divulge personal information to mods with the knowledge that it’ll be shared with the very clinic/doctor that they may be relying on to fix any potential issues later down the line.  I myself wouldn’t want to burn any bridges that I may need in the future.

A better approach would be for patients wishing to share negative experiences to share the clinic pictures they received pre/post op or the info sheet with the breakdown on it (face pic, name, no. of grafts etc) with a moderator to verify their authenticity as a patient, but should also be given the choice as to whether or not they want this shared with the clinic.