Lapse between FUE procedures

HarryHonolulu

Hey all

i just had a little under 2000 grafts implanted with FUE. I’m a higher NW (5a) and I embraced the idea that I would be doing more than one operation to give me the desired coverage.

to those of you who had multiple FUEs done over time.... how long did you wait between procedures?

im assuming it’s wise to wait for those 2000 grafts to fully sprout before even tackling another procedure addressing crown/mid?

did the process differ in any way from one procedure to another? Or is it exactly the same, but with the added bonus of knowing what you’re getting into?

As a general rule, you should wait a year between procedures (FUE or FUT). 18 months is better if you can wait. This lets you see how things really look so you can fine-tune the next procedure. Some docs will do a repeat at 8 months but IMHO this is too soon as a lot happens between 8-12 months after a HT

Thanks Louis

in your opinion does the transplanted hair help to cover areas that have not been operated on?

in other words.... if I got a transplant that targets the hairline, would any of those hairs help to mask my baldness in the mid-scalp? Depending of course on the hair style

On 9/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, HarryHonolulu said:

Thanks Louis

in your opinion does the transplanted hair help to cover areas that have not been operated on?

in other words.... if I got a transplant that targets the hairline, would any of those hairs help to mask my baldness in the mid-scalp? Depending of course on the hair style

If you have baldness behind the hairline I suppose to could grow your hair and slick it back as a combover of sorts.

Sounds like a style option limiting course of action though.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I had my second 2,000 graft surgery about 2 years after the first.  I will add (in my case), the growth rate was slower after the second surgery.  It took about 4-5 months for second surgery hair to surface.  Turned out great, though.  You can see all of my results at MyFUEhairtransplant.com

Be patient and happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.