FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

Look at guys like lupanzula, baubac, Edward ball, karadeniz, bisanga, j.col.e. They are some of the most ethical doctors around and the last one I mentioned has dealt with a lot of asmed patients he certainly has an opinion or two. But here is the but... they are all with the exception of karadeniz very expensive. Consult with them all ,gather all the info and take your time but dont do nothing until 12 months. 

Karadeniz? Nah 

16 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

This is interesting. There was definitely not 6 patients during my visit, more like 3 maybe? I knew that techs did most of the work but I must admit I was surprised that I spent less than 45 minutes with the actual doctor... I barely seen the guy. 

Furthermore, I was looking elsewhere in Turkey ( other high end clinics) to fix my hairline and when I asked various reps on their opinion of ASMED, they gave cryptic responses like "I have an opinion but I rather not say". No idea what that means. Perhaps it's simply envy - they clearly own most of the market in Turkey 

When I went there my rep told me 6 patients. There was 3 of us on my first day and 6 on the second. If you go to payums thread the clinic itself posted the fact it is 6 patients a day. The new clinic has 9 surgery rooms ,weather they use all of them at once I doubt it and maybe used for other reasons.

12 minutes ago, mosd said:

Karadeniz? Nah 

Yh my bad maybe not him he is finding it hard to compete and is being led astray. But the other guys are a cut above, their attention to detail,naturalness particularly baubac - his density is unreal he costs an arm and a leg but il be looking at him for next time for sure.

2 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

When I went there my rep told me 6 patients. There was 3 of us on my first day and 6 on the second. If you go to payums thread the clinic itself posted the fact it is 6 patients a day. The new clinic has 9 surgery rooms ,weather they use all of them at once I doubt it and maybe used for other reasons.

If they did 9 patients a day, that equates to a hair transplant factory in my opinion - even 6 seems insane. Glad I got in there before these changes. I'm seeing Keser, who does the work himself and only 500 grafts per day next month. I hope to have 1000 grafts after having had 4500 previously with ASMED. I like the look of his work and hoping I can be done with surgeries after this. 

1 minute ago, FarsanUk said:

Yh my bad maybe not him he is finding it hard to compete and is being led astray. But the other guys are a cut above, their attention to detail,naturalness particularly baubac - his density is unreal he costs an arm and a leg but il be looking at him for next time for sure.

I have to admit, if I could afford it, it would be either H&W or Rahal

5 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

I have to admit, if I could afford it, it would be either H&W or Rahal

H and W is also another great option. Important that if anyone has let price motivate their decision to not even consider price especially for a second or a corrective surgery. I know it plays on our mind we just cant help it but if you cant afford the good guys then dont get it done until you can afford it.

I doubt very much its 9 a day.  Its 6 max but I would say their attention to detail is not what it used to be and it's just luck if you get the right tech team to whether you get an excellent result or a sub par one.

8 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

H and W is also another great option. Important that if anyone has let price motivate their decision to not even consider price especially for a second or a corrective surgery. I know it plays on our mind we just cant help it but if you cant afford the good guys then dont get it done until you can afford it.

I doubt very much its 9 a day.  Its 6 max but I would say their attention to detail is not what it used to be and it's just luck if you get the right tech team to whether you get an excellent result or a sub par one.

I agree with you somewhat regarding price, I am going for the most expensive guy in Turkey. I simply won't be able to afford H&W or Rahal prices.- I'd need to save for years. I want to get this fixed and live my life and I confident in my choice of surgeon this time. 3.5 euros per graft isn't cheap either. 

I know we are getting off topic here, it should be about this patient progress. But I just want to say that I'm glad we can have this open discussion about a clinic and raise questions where need be. Unlike the bald tru th forum where I was shut down and denied access to a thread where a patient was complaining of his asmed result. I dont know if they deleted the thread or just denied me access to it. I didn't say anything abusive or bash them I simple raised questions just like I've done on this forum over the past year. Infact a doctor recommended on that site chimed in and was telling some home truths about the clinic and they still blocked the thread its ridiculous. 

If it wasnt for this forum no one would ever see or read some truths about certain clinics. I agree moderation is important and personal abuse and just blindly bashing a clinic without a structured argument is uncalled for. The doctors recommended on BT - you cant even find complaints or issues raised my patients on the forum it's a complete cover up. I agree alot of what Kobren says but he complains alot but only he is allowed to bash people. Control of information is what we expect from governments- not forums which are suppose to help vulnerable people like us.

Thank you Bill.

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

I know we are getting off topic here, it should be about this patient progress. But I just want to say that I'm glad we can have this open discussion about a clinic and raise questions where need be. Unlike the bald tru th forum where I was shut down and denied access to a thread where a patient was complaining of his asmed result. I dont know if they deleted the thread or just denied me access to it. I didn't say anything abusive or bash them I simple raised questions just like I've done on this forum over the past year. Infact a doctor recommended on that site chimed in and was telling some home truths about the clinic and they still blocked the thread its ridiculous. 

If it wasnt for this forum no one would ever see or read some truths about certain clinics. The doctors recommended on BT - you cant even find complaints or issues raised my patients on the forum it's a complete cover up. I agree alot of what Kobren says but he complains alot but only he is allowed to bash people. Control of information is what we expect from governments- not forums which are suppose to help vulnerable people like us.

Thank you Bill.

Interesting point. 

First and foremost, surgeons and clinics are a business and out there to make money, plain and simple. The HT scene has become very competitive, especially amongst the mid tier clinics. Putting aside the likes of H&W and Konior....they are elite surgeons who are churning out the best results in the business and they will always have long waiting lists as people will pay their prices because they are the creme de la creme. They probably have no interest or worries about competing against clinics in say Turkey/India because simply put,  if you want and have the money for a Porsche, you don't pop down to the Ford dealership to see if they have anything that is comparable.  

Issue is more with surgeons/clinics in the mid tier range. With people now having no problem travelling half way across the world for a procedure, I do feel some clinics in the West maybe feel they are losing out on a lot of potential business to say Turkish, Greek and some Indian surgeons/clinics much more so compared to say 10 years ago.

The more I learn about about the HT business, the more I find you really need to go in there with your eyes wide open and question the motive behind a lot of the things you read or hear people come out with. Forums, hair loss associations/societies, mentors etc are a great source of information/opinion but just have your own wit's about you. Do find in this industry,  it can be very easy for people to get you to dance to their tune. 

2 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

This is interesting. There was definitely not 6 patients during my visit, more like 3 maybe? I knew that techs did most of the work but I must admit I was surprised that I spent less than 45 minutes with the actual doctor... I barely seen the guy. 

Furthermore, I was looking elsewhere in Turkey ( other high end clinics) to fix my hairline and when I asked various reps on their opinion of ASMED, they gave cryptic responses like "I have an opinion but I rather not say". No idea what that means. Perhaps it's simply envy - they clearly own most of the market in Turkey 

on my day there was 4, but that was at the old clinic. They've since scaled up big time. Did you go to the new clinic?

Just now, kw877 said:

on my day there was 4, but that was at the old clinic. They've since scaled up big time. Did you go to the new clinic?

I was there at the old clinic and it was 6 on my second day. Its still 6 officially.

2 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

I was there at the old clinic and it was 6 on my second day. Its still 6 officially.

Its just silly isn't it at this point. It was blasphemous not too long ago to have more than 1 or 2. It was a big deal but its just overlooked now it seems. With the current conveyor belt situation, dodgy results and the strangely massive graft numbers being used Im wondering what the future of this is gonna be. The more I look at western Drs results, some of which you mentioned, I'm baffled as to where my 3000+ grafts have went as I was hardly even balding! lol I see people with half the amount of grafts covering a larger space and getting better results than mine so far. 

7 hours ago, kw877 said:

Would never happen. They’d be admitting liability 

Although still early so don't think about it just yet. If they offer you a free touch up that's as good as admitting they messed up. This is a standard thing they do and they think its not a problem well it is a problem they should get it right first time around they have no idea what financial, emotional investment we put into this before during after surgery. How can they honestly make up for the first time when they possible wasted grafts or made an unnatural hair line (not referring to you). Is the doctor all of a sudden going to pay more attention and bring his best team to you? Why not do that the first time? Take every patient seriously! You are a doctor so act like one. Yes alot of people will say there are no guarantees which is true but the growing trend of very dence-less hairlines and not great growth is showing that there is a bit more going on here.

The doctor needs to step up here and start reducing his surgeries and have a more hands on personal approach to each patient. Money has got the better of him like a lot of clinics. When you see how awesome the new clinic looks and everything he has in it, surely he should be embarrassed when he sees some of the results that come out of it, its laughable. Not to say he doesn't get good results - because he does it's just that the sub par results are becoming more of a regular feature and you just dont know you are getting from one patient to the next. 

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

Although still early so don't think about it just yet. If they offer you a free touch up that's as good as admitting they messed up. This is a standard thing they do and they think its not a problem well it is a problem they should get it right first time around they have no idea what financial, emotional investment we put into this before during after surgery. How can they honestly make up for the first time when they possible wasted grafts or made an unnatural hair line (not referring to you). Is the doctor all of a sudden going to pay more attention and bring his best team to you? Why not do that the first time? Take every patient seriously! You are a doctor so act like one. Yes alot of people will say there are no guarantees which is true but the growing trend of very dence-less hairlines and not great growth is showing that there is a bit more going on here.

The doctor needs to step up here and start reducing his surgeries and have a more hands on personal approach to each patient. Money has got the better of him like a lot of clinics. When you see how awesome the new clinic looks and everything he has in it, surely he should be embarrassed when he sees some of the results that come out of it, its laughable. Not to say he doesn't get good results - because he does it's just that the sub par results are becoming more of a regular feature and you just dont know you are getting from one patient to the next. 

Farsan

have you looked on the other forums (there’s a French one ) there seems to be a lot of good results there 

9 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Farsan

have you looked on the other forums (there’s a French one ) there seems to be a lot of good results there 

Yes I didn't say they dont have good results in the past. It's a going trend in the past year or so which are concerning all with the same common problems. Whether we like it or not when you increase amount of surgeries a day quality will come down 

• 2 weeks later...

9 months and 1 week. You can see why I’m depressed lol. No improvement at all, let’s get real this is about as good as it will get. Beyond disappointed, confidence is definitely at a low. My left temple is especially bad, the gaps are huge and if my hairs not combed over I look like I have a bald spot. CAC8F9DB-C77C-4573-90F4-749170AD750C.thumb.jpeg.b314d1f36409c71ff3104b3fabfc0c0a.jpegAC54E844-7170-43A8-8C52-A85846E88B01.thumb.jpeg.429073aa62a55b9f13b7887e9484df4b.jpegE9BBA6B9-1C22-4548-8C6F-338B27C10440.thumb.jpeg.9a87324e42e49c86f9c7cc7931d61ccc.jpeg8DBCF55B-CF80-4F50-9B60-7AFF2ECF4FFB.thumb.jpeg.3ded227d5e3614c4a73df06b15a97a83.jpeg61FBE0B1-2DF9-421C-A0C9-E5E4001FA4F9.thumb.jpeg.8ac820938dc582f5d69bc4e8fc9deb90.jpeg

5906AC5A-6075-4B1B-A989-257F1C9C55F7.jpeg

• Administrators

Have you reached out to the clinic? I wouldn't say it's terrible. Lacking in density yes, but certainly something that could be fixed with a minor touch-up.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You'll need a second pass but its not the end of the world. It's not that bad. I'm actually in an identical situation to you. I waited 16 months and then had an 880 graft touch up in Feb and I'm waiting for it to grow through. Nothing is guaranteed, even with the "top" docs. Surgery is not risk free. Not enough people on this forum are willing to recognise this. I know its hard not to think about it but try not to. We are our own worst critics and, ultimately, people on the street won't look twice at this. 

4 hours ago, Baldrick101 said:

You'll need a second pass but its not the end of the world. It's not that bad. I'm actually in an identical situation to you. I waited 16 months and then had an 880 graft touch up in Feb and I'm waiting for it to grow through. Nothing is guaranteed, even with the "top" docs. Surgery is not risk free. Not enough people on this forum are willing to recognise this. I know its hard not to think about it but try not to. We are our own worst critics and, ultimately, people on the street won't look twice at this. 

People have commented though. People at work have asked what’s going on with my hair, asking if I’m stressed cos it’s looking thin lol. If I sweat or push it aside the wrong way it looks bad, parts look like bald patches.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you reached out to the clinic? I wouldn't say it's terrible. Lacking in density yes, but certainly something that could be fixed with a minor touch-up.

But I’ve already used over 3000 grafts for such a small amount of space :( that’s what I’m most bummed about. Most good Drs I’ve looked at don’t use half as many grafts for cases similar to mine. To have to have another 1000 grafts for it to look decent is honestly so depressing. I see people get 4000 grafts to cover a whole top of their head. I’m gonna end up needing that it seems just for my hairline, which wasn’t even that bad. 

Sorry to be negative, I just find it hard to be positive having lost so many grafts to end up with this result. My donor is already patchy and noticeably thinner. Not sure what to do.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, kw877 said:

People have commented though. People at work have asked what’s going on with my hair, asking if I’m stressed cos it’s looking thin lol. If I sweat or push it aside the wrong way it looks bad, parts look like bald patches.

But I’ve already used over 3000 grafts for such a small amount of space :( that’s what I’m most bummed about. Most good Drs I’ve looked at don’t use half as many grafts for cases similar to mine. To have to have another 1000 grafts for it to look decent is honestly so depressing. I see people get 4000 grafts to cover a whole top of their head. I’m gonna end up needing that it seems just for my hairline, which wasn’t even that bad. 

Sorry to be negative, I just find it hard to be positive having lost so many grafts to end up with this result. My donor is already patchy and noticeably thinner. Not sure what to do.

What you don’t see is that most of those individuals have their hair styled in a way to maximize the results. Hair transplants do not create true density. Now I’m not saying this result shouldn’t be denser, but those who cover a large area with 4,000 grafts certainly don’t have true density, I’m one of them. IMO it doesn’t look bad or unnatural, just needs a minor touch-up that’s all.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What you don’t see is that most of those individuals have their hair styled in a way to maximize the results. Hair transplants do not create true density. Now I’m not saying this result shouldn’t be denser, but those who cover a large area with 4,000 grafts certainly don’t have true density, I’m one of them. IMO it doesn’t look bad or unnatural, just needs a minor touch-up that’s all.

How many more grafts would you say? I’m just apprehensive to go back unless I know I’m gonna get the best techs and a lot more input from the Dr. I understand it’s the standard now that techs will do the bulk of it but I wanna know I’m with the best ones. Especially if it’s a second pass as I understand it takes a lot more knowledge to implant between older grafts?

Just now, kw877 said:

How many more grafts would you say? I’m just apprehensive to go back unless I know I’m gonna get the best techs and a lot more input from the Dr. I understand it’s the standard now that techs will do the bulk of it but I wanna know I’m with the best ones. Especially if it’s a second pass as I understand it takes a lot more knowledge to implant between older grafts?

There is no way of knowing about the best techs even if you ask them they will tell you whom ever is suited to your case will be the team you get. That's from my personal experience. Secondly, it's the doctor who does the incisions inbetween each hair so you dont need to worry about techs there. Yes there should have been more density for that amount of grafts, personally if I was unhappy with good reason I wouldn't go back to the same clinic.