FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

1 hour ago, xadiohead said:

Yours is tough to evaluate before/after because you had very good hair to start with (at least for a hair transplant patient).  It seems it is getting better based on the last pictures, though I'm sure it is not where you want it at.  

What about it looks better? To me it hasn’t changed since about month 5. Definitely no new hairs, no thickening. I had it cut but other than that, no improvement. Maybe that’s what makes it look better?

Either way, so far I’m not happy at all. As you said I started off with decent hair and just wanted a lower hairline. Now I look like I’m balding because of how thin and see through it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 1:48 AM, therealmvp2016 said:

You should compare todays pics, with pre-op pics.  there is definitely some difference I can see. 

Preop styled and unstyled. I was able to style it in a way to hide or make my temples look better. It’s more difficult to do that now though as any product makes it a lot more see through. 

B3A8F8B3-AED7-44C0-9E3F-EFD69324D076.jpeg

34EFCBF4-37A1-4AF4-A9C4-97BDE687083E.jpeg

5C902078-D419-4C00-B63B-02F0BA805DFF.jpeg

B3161B23-C6A5-439C-BFA4-216C5393D714.jpeg

E762193F-9B7A-404A-8236-17D8E7E88514.jpeg

74483761-E4E2-482A-9B0F-FC5FF8B1F938.jpeg

41865CB9-72EE-429A-988A-86E43FC089DE.jpeg

Edited by kw877

4 hours ago, xadiohead said:

I don't know what I'm looking at in these photos and they are just about all grainy.  

I don’t have any pre-op close up HD pictures unfortunately, I purposely avoided those being someone insecure about their hair. I was trying to show the previous commenter my hairline prior to the transplant. 

Edited by kw877

18 hours ago, kw877 said:

I don’t have any pre-op close up HD pictures unfortunately, I purposely avoided those being someone insecure about their hair. I was trying to show the previous commenter my hairline prior to the transplant. 

I’m still confused, are all of those pre op pictures? 

I’m still confused, are all of those pre op pictures? 

Yes. I can’t wear my hair up anymore as it’s too sparse. Even down its see through. Like this 

657E92A9-E077-4767-AA75-DBB05DC30B9F.jpeg

7 hours ago, mosd said:

are your hair in worse condition now than before?

In terms of how it looks now, I look like I’m balding as it’s so low in density. Before I just had a high forehead/hairline which in retrospect looked better. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say...

I guess I am confused that bases on those pre-op pictures why you even needed a hair transplant.  You mentioned you were insecure about your hairline, most of us would love your pre-op (at least based on the pics above).

I guess I am confused that bases on those pre-op pictures why you even needed a hair transplant.  You mentioned you were insecure about your hairline, most of us would love your pre-op (at least based on the pics above).

I had a high forehead and receded temples, that I was able to disguise well with the right haircut and how I wore it. I guess I wanted to not have to disguise it anymore. Anytime I got sweaty or the wind blew I would be anxious about it. So I had the temples filled and hairline lowered. And either the grafts didn’t grow or they weren’t utilized well enough. 

Whatever the case HTs are all elective and we get it cos we want it. We all wanna feel better about ourselves 🤷🏻‍♂️ You may have been happy with my preop but I wasn’t. All relative innit.

Edited by kw877

@kw877 I feel for you man. I agree your hair looked good pre-op but I 100% understand wanting to not hide it anymore and be free from all the feelings all of us know on this site.

Its unfortunate... hang in there. What are you thoughts on next steps? Wait the full 12 months... Would you go back for a free touchup? Or would you look into a different surgeon?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

@kw877 I feel for you man. I agree your hair looked good pre-op but I 100% understand wanting to not hide it anymore and be free from all the feelings all of us know on this site.

Its unfortunate... hang in there. What are you thoughts on next steps? Wait the full 12 months... Would you go back for a free touchup? Or would you look into a different surgeon?

I definitely can’t leave it as is. I’m stuck between hoping asmed will touch up and have dr erdogan be present for the entire thing this time (I don’t think that’s a lot to ask after how much I paid) or going to a surgeon that does the entire procedure himself once I’ve saved up enough.

Its draining though feeling so crap about it all the time. I was excited to not have to worry about it anymore but I’ve found I worry more now than before lol.

47 minutes ago, kw877 said:

Its draining though feeling so crap about it all the time. I was excited to not have to worry about it anymore but I’ve found I worry more now than before lol.

We all feel for you. I think we say "wait and see" constantly because we hope that you're a slow grower. Your HT doesn't look great now, but there is still hope it will. Try to shift your mindset to more positivity. Your HT is in the past. Don't worry about what you can't control, focus on next steps. Keep doing your medicine regiment. Eat healthy. If I were in your position, I would wait till about the 1.5 year mark before I consider another HT from current or new surgeon. If it makes you feel better, schedule a HT for the 1.5 year mark now so you have something to look forward to (if you find yourself unable to function). I think you may be in an unhealthy emotional state by your last comment. Jumpstart a new chapter in your life by working towards something rather than passively waiting. Best case your HT starts coming in. Worst case: you need another HT. Both cases can improve by you making positive life choices.🙂

Best of luck. We all want the best for you.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

43 minutes ago, Lennney said:

We all feel for you. I think we say "wait and see" constantly because we hope that you're a slow grower. Your HT doesn't look great now, but there is still hope it will. Try to shift your mindset to more positivity. Your HT is in the past. Don't worry about what you can't control, focus on next steps. Keep doing your medicine regiment. Eat healthy. If I were in your position, I would wait till about the 1.5 year mark before I consider another HT from current or new surgeon. If it makes you feel better, schedule a HT for the 1.5 year mark now so you have something to look forward to (if you find yourself unable to function). I think you may be in an unhealthy emotional state by your last comment. Jumpstart a new chapter in your life by working towards something rather than passively waiting. Best case your HT starts coming in. Worst case: you need another HT. Both cases can improve by you making positive life choices.🙂

Best of luck. We all want the best for you.

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I feel like I’m constantly being questioned or made to feel in the wrong for posting honestly about my experience and have often considered removing all my pics etc. numerous times but if I was a prospective patient I’d want to see as many reviews as possible so I’ve left it up. 

I’m either not showing it in flattering enough light or in the right styles positions, or I’m being far too impatient, or told it looks fine and to be happy with it. For some reason some patients that are happy with their experience at this clinic have a strange need to try and discredit those who have had a negative one. Either through some weird loyalty they feel or a need to defend the clinic. Who knows why but it can be discouraging. It’s difficult enough to post about something so personal for the world to see without people making you feel shit for doing so.

Im just disappointed so far I guess but I get on with it now, I know I’ll have to have it fixed which is a downer but I’m waiting it out as much as I can hoping for improvement. The texture is still feeling really dry and frizzy too which I hate. 

I agree with @Lennney, it’s already done and the only thing you can do is positively hope it improves up until the 18th month mark, and if it helps your emotional state, to consult with whatever surgeon you might also be considering for a repair and book something down the road to look forward to.

i think you’ve done a good job of showing your results and don’t be disused by others, your testimonial here will in fact help others if it hasn’t already, I’m glad you’ve kept your updates coming and posting photos, good or bad it’s helpful.

Pulling for ya!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kw877 said:

I definitely can’t leave it as is. I’m stuck between hoping asmed will touch up and have dr erdogan be present for the entire thing this time (I don’t think that’s a lot to ask after how much I paid) or going to a surgeon that does the entire procedure himself once I’ve saved up enough.

First of all if you get a touch up done dr Erdogan will not be there for the entire surgery, he just doesn't do that its not his business model. He puts a lot of trust in his own abilities to train his techs and will stand by them. It's not like this is a one off where you can say ok generally his teams are excellent and chances are itll be better next time. Your exact issues have been a growing trend at Asmed over the past year, yes there are the odd really good results but it really is hit or miss there now as to how the results turn out. Physisions will say it is elective and cannot guarantee what will happen which is true however, when your issue is replicated on quite a few patients recently then that excuse no longer applies. There is a problem there and we can never know exactly what. Weather it is mis handling of grafts, aggressive extractions or just your physiology, none of this can be proved and they sure as hell wont put their hands up and say it's their fault so they'll offer you a free touch up but whatever you do its crazy to go back you've got one chance now to get this right and it can be corrected and you'll be laughing at the end. This next step the most important surgery you will have, choose your clinic wisely, make sure they check all the boxes, make sure they do a Lot of corrective work, and are present throughout and dont have multiple surgeries. Yes these other guys are alot more expensive but do what ever it takes to get you back in that happy mode. If you cant afford it then dont get it done, bide your time get plenty of consultations and make an informed decision. Just realise this can be fixed easily and you will be happy again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/13/2019 at 5:42 PM, kw877 said:

Yes. I can’t wear my hair up anymore as it’s too sparse. Even down its see through. Like this 

657E92A9-E077-4767-AA75-DBB05DC30B9F.jpeg

Hey man

what has your level of aftercare been like? Has the clinic made contact with you (as in they make the first move to check how you’re getting along ? Or is it you that has to make co fact with them? 

6 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Hey man

what has your level of aftercare been like? Has the clinic made contact with you (as in they make the first move to check how you’re getting along ? Or is it you that has to make co fact with them? 

Nope. No contact from the clinic, I whatsapped my coordinator with pics and she said it looks normal and that she’ll show them to dr Erdogan but that’s it. Heard nothing back since. 

8 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

First of all if you get a touch up done dr Erdogan will not be there for the entire surgery, he just doesn't do that its not his business model. He puts a lot of trust in his own abilities to train his techs and will stand by them. It's not like this is a one off where you can say ok generally his teams are excellent and chances are itll be better next time. Your exact issues have been a growing trend at Asmed over the past year, yes there are the odd really good results but it really is hit or miss there now as to how the results turn out. Physisions will say it is elective and cannot guarantee what will happen which is true however, when your issue is replicated on quite a few patients recently then that excuse no longer applies. There is a problem there and we can never know exactly what. Weather it is mis handling of grafts, aggressive extractions or just your physiology, none of this can be proved and they sure as hell wont put their hands up and say it's their fault so they'll offer you a free touch up but whatever you do its crazy to go back you've got one chance now to get this right and it can be corrected and you'll be laughing at the end. This next step the most important surgery you will have, choose your clinic wisely, make sure they check all the boxes, make sure they do a Lot of corrective work, and are present throughout and dont have multiple surgeries. Yes these other guys are alot more expensive but do what ever it takes to get you back in that happy mode. If you cant afford it then dont get it done, bide your time get plenty of consultations and make an informed decision. Just realise this can be fixed easily and you will be happy again.

I’ve been looking at surgeons that take 1 case per day and are fully hands on throughout I just need to research more. Keser is one I’m looking into but like I said need to research more. Any suggestions?

12 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

What exactly has changed at this clinic? When I was researching before mine with ASMED in 2015, I never seen any failed hairline work. Now I see multiple cases of this. 

I think taking 6 or more patients a day, you just aren’t gonna get the Doctors attention you’re paying for anymore. It’s not possible. I remember back in the day 1-2 patients per day for a decent ethical surgeon was the max. How can a Doctor (that you’re paying more for than almost all other Turkish clinics) possibly oversee 6 patients a day, most of which are having large sessions? Impossible. Why are the standards we used to hold surgeons to (1-2 patients per day) slipping so far? 6 patients per day guys. The forum really needs to assess their recommendation and make sure new prospective patients are fully informed of how this clinic is ran now. 

Most people are aware if they do minimum research that techs will do most of the work, but they should definitely be warned that in the case of asmed their will be a large number of other patients on the same day and that the Dr they are paying a premium for will have the most minimal input and interaction. 

Edited by kw877

53 minutes ago, kw877 said:

I’ve been looking at surgeons that take 1 case per day and are fully hands on throughout I just need to research more. Keser is one I’m looking into but like I said need to research more. Any suggestions?

Look at guys like lupanzula, baubac, Edward ball, karadeniz, bisanga, j.col.e. They are some of the most ethical doctors around and the last one I mentioned has dealt with a lot of asmed patients he certainly has an opinion or two. But here is the but... they are all with the exception of karadeniz very expensive. Consult with them all ,gather all the info and take your time but dont do nothing until 12 months. 

Edited by FarsanUk

1 hour ago, kw877 said:

Nope. No contact from the clinic, I whatsapped my coordinator with pics and she said it looks normal and that she’ll show them to dr Erdogan but that’s it. Heard nothing back since. 

I think taking 6 or more patients a day, you just aren’t gonna get the Doctors attention you’re paying for anymore. It’s not possible. I remember back in the day 1-2 patients per day for a decent ethical surgeon was the max. How can a Doctor (that you’re paying more for than almost all other Turkish clinics) possibly oversee 6 patients a day, most of which are having large sessions? Impossible. Why are the standards we used to hold surgeons to (1-2 patients per day) slipping so far? 6 patients per day guys. The forum really needs to assess their recommendation and make sure new prospective patients are fully informed of how this clinic is ran now. 

Most people are aware if they do minimum research that techs will do most of the work, but they should definitely be warned that in the case of asmed their will be a large number of other patients on the same day and that the Dr they are paying a premium for will have the most minimal input and interaction

This is interesting. There was definitely not 6 patients during my visit, more like 3 maybe? I knew that techs did most of the work but I must admit I was surprised that I spent less than 45 minutes with the actual doctor... I barely seen the guy. 

Furthermore, I was looking elsewhere in Turkey ( other high end clinics) to fix my hairline and when I asked various reps on their opinion of ASMED, they gave cryptic responses like "I have an opinion but I rather not say". No idea what that means. Perhaps it's simply envy - they clearly own most of the market in Turkey 

Edited by jonnyalex