FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

On 1/2/2019 at 11:36 PM, literalno said:

same boat here man. Im at 5 months and recipient looks absolutely terrible under all lighting conditions

Waiting for someone to tell us “you’re exposing the transplanted area it’s bound to look bad” or “the lighting is too bright it’s bound to look bad” or “you aren’t styling it right it’s bound to look bad”

if a HT only looks good hidden by existing hair, in a dimly lit room, or styled with a combover to disguise it, it’s not a success in my eyes. Wtf is the point? I get so annoyed seeing people say this crap.

If you have to stand in dark corners avoiding day light, with your transplant hidden with a combover, it’s not a success.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your story.

Can you have some better pictures? Yours are so blurry. It is hard to see anything.

Also it would be great to see the post OP pictures for the clinic to address your concerns (extraction pattern, density of the recipient). The hairline design appears to be really (!) aggressive even though it is hard to tell from the pictures. 

5 hours ago, kw877 said:

Waiting for someone to tell us “you’re exposing the transplanted area it’s bound to look bad” or “the lighting is too bright it’s bound to look bad” or “you aren’t styling it right it’s bound to look bad”

if a HT only looks good hidden by existing hair, in a dimly lit room, or styled with a combover to disguise it, it’s not a success in my eyes. Wtf is the point? I get so annoyed seeing people say this crap.

If you have to stand in dark corners avoiding day light, with your transplant hidden with a combover, it’s not a success.

If this was your final result you’d have every right to be dissatisfied, but most people see considerable new growth between month 5 and month 9. Is there a reason to believe your new growth has stopped?

6 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Also, how is your donor doing now? Has it improved?

Nope. Grew it out longer but it still looks patchy in the light.

6 hours ago, Spaceman said:

If this was your final result you’d have every right to be dissatisfied, but most people see considerable new growth between month 5 and month 9. Is there a reason to believe your new growth has stopped?

The gaps and spaces between grafts as seen on my previous pics haven’t closed whatsoever. I haven’t had any growth in those gaps for about 2 months now and there’s no dots or stubbly hair a coming through. It’s just so thin and see through I’m depressed af about it.

I feel like I’m on track for a result similar to Stephens and payams given that we had similar graft amounts in the same place. If so I’ll be deeply unhappy, no offense to those guys but they aren’t happy with their results so I feel like I can say that.

Im on vacation right now, with my hair slapped forward to hide it. When I get home or maybe at the 6 month mark I’ll update with pics. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

It’s normal to have gaps at 5-6 months post-op, try to keep that in mind.  It’s tough when all you can do is wait.

Just worrying seeing those other guys have similar issues early on that didn’t clear up later. It’s hard to believe these spots that have stayed bare since day one will have any change later. We will see I guess.

1 hour ago, kw877 said:

Just worrying seeing those other guys have similar issues early on that didn’t clear up later. It’s hard to believe these spots that have stayed bare since day one will have any change later. We will see I guess.

Why is everyone so worried nowadays at only four months in? I’m not being patronising but you have the best months to come. It’s only just started at four months. Don’t judge anything till after a year and even then mine improved thereafter. 

Here to put your mind at ease a little look at the difference in mine between month 6 and 12. It’s like night and day. You have had a lot of early growth so be happy about that. 

A5A0FEA9-2472-4E35-B5B0-0C14D27CF1A4.png

D4B5C827-5339-468D-994E-72E753109A6A.png

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I was with kw877 at Asmed and we had the HT done with only a few days of difference. I haven't posted here recently but I wanted to thank you publicly for all your posts and your own thread. Every person that posts their results not being sponsored are very generous, not for the time spent but for that privacy they are exposing somehow. They deserve all the support, honesty and constructive feedback they can get.

The pain was also unbearable for me but the anaesthetic came and gave me a higher dose. I was suffering for two weeks after the HT because of a pain deep in my head and painkillers didn't help but after the first weeks I started feeling great again. I guess the nerves just healed. I don't think that FUT would have been better for you, FUE was the right choice for you.

Do you remember the Bepanthol lotion that they gave us for the scalp? Keep using that on the irritated areas, I also have sensitive skin and it has been good and no allergies reactions whatsoever. If you don't like to have lotion soaking your hair do it when you are at home and/or some time before having a shower, styling your hair and hitting the street. I had that tiny dandruff that is not because of greasy scalp but because of dry and irritated scalp and using this or any other hypoallergenic lotion helps. Also, what shampoo are you using? Try using hypoallergenic shampoo like the one they gave us (Sebamed), for sensitive scalp it is better than trying fancy shampoos with special properties in the long term.

You are absolute right when you say that if the HT result doesn't look good under direct light then it's not a satisfying result when the person is young and the hair loss wasn't that bad to begin with. The result should look good under direct light and the good results prove that.

As you know I am not happy with my own results yet either, the lack of density is very obvious in the hairline, but we are at the fifth month mark so we have to stay positive because it's not definitive. Yes, there are some fast results but we might have slower growth.

You say that you can't see the incisions in those gaps, I will check my gaps and see if I can find incisions (I haven't checked that) but I have noticed new thin hairs, not everywhere unfortunately but I hope that more will sprout. Are you sure that you have not found any shorter or thinner hairs in the recipient area (the hairline is the easiest part to check)?

I see that your donor has what looks like a round area where density is lower. Give it time, if you keep the hair short on the back side compare the photos and see if it's filling up with time. My donor is lower density now but it's quite uniform. I will get a new hair cut soon with that area short and I will see if density has improved there.

Edited by BigBen
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kw877 said:

Nope. Grew it out longer but it still looks patchy in the light.

The gaps and spaces between grafts as seen on my previous pics haven’t closed whatsoever. I haven’t had any growth in those gaps for about 2 months now and there’s no dots or stubbly hair a coming through. It’s just so thin and see through I’m depressed af about it.

I feel like I’m on track for a result similar to Stephens and payams given that we had similar graft amounts in the same place. If so I’ll be deeply unhappy, no offense to those guys but they aren’t happy with their results so I feel like I can say that.

Im on vacation right now, with my hair slapped forward to hide it. When I get home or maybe at the 6 month mark I’ll update with pics. 

Do you recall if there was any hair transplanted in those gaps originally?  Do you have pics from the immediate post-op period showing whether or not there were hairs placed there?

Edited by LordBaldwin

12 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

Why is everyone so worried nowadays at only four months in? I’m not being patronising but you have the best months to come. It’s only just started at four months. Don’t judge anything till after a year and even then mine improved thereafter. 

Here to put your mind at ease a little look at the difference in mine between month 6 and 12. It’s like night and day. You have had a lot of early growth so be happy about that. 

A5A0FEA9-2472-4E35-B5B0-0C14D27CF1A4.png

D4B5C827-5339-468D-994E-72E753109A6A.png

The first pic with longer hair is at 12 months correct?

19 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

The first pic with longer hair is at 12 months correct?

Yes that is correct

15 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

On average, how many months post op can new sprouts still appear (not maturation of hairs only new sprouts)?

I had new growth up until about month 8/9 maybe even a little later in the vertex. Month 10 was when I finally looked in the mirror and had that wow moment.

You have plenty of time! 

• Like 1

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

1 hour ago, DEB1982 said:

I had new growth up until about month 8/9 maybe even a little later in the vertex.

Me too, including a couple of small bald spots that filled in around month 8.

A short video of my see through candy floss hairline. Sorry for the exposure going in and out, can do a better one when I have someone to help me. Pardon the heavy breathing lol

Edited by kw877

14 hours ago, kw877 said:

A short video of my see through candy floss hairline. Sorry for the exposure going in and out, can do a better one when I have someone to help me. Pardon the heavy breathing lol

This is at 7 months?

48 minutes ago, Payam said:

Honestly man it could improve significantly, you may be at the start of another growth cycle so don't lose hope yet

I’m hoping so. Really don’t have the money to fix it right now and can’t imagine having to live with it as is. 

11 hours ago, HT0416 said:

This is how my hair looks 3 years post op. As you can see its hard to capture what it looks like in person. Hair is permanently down if i can keep it down without sticking up.

No, it's not. Your situation is not the same at all. kW877 is still in the early phase. You can see from the hair colour and the hair being wiry that improvements will come. Your are 3 years post up, and your issues are totally different.