Gabel Hair Restoration - Portland, Oregon

Stevenson927

First let me say that I am a semi-public figure, so unfortunately I will be unable to share pictures, but if I could, you would be as impressed as I am.

I spent 3 years researching and interviewing doctors for my hair transplant. I probably met with a half a dozen doctors. I am thinning in front and, especially because I give live speeches and appear on TV, my work (and ego) required a more youthful look. I am fortunate indeed that I finally found Dr. Steven Gable. Dr. Gable is an artist and a scientist. He was easily the most passionate doctor I met about my hair transplant, and the most knowledgable, and his expertise was evident in all aspects of his center and his crackerjack staff -- from their professionalism to their state-of-the-art materials and work to their pre and post surgery processes and on to the actual, fantastic, hair transplant. 

7 months ago I had 2,300 grafts placed. Mostly FUT but some others as well. Just yesterday I was getting my hair cut and I told the barber. She was dumbfounded. Had no idea and she was staring at my scalp. My hair and hairline is organic, natural, full, and great.

One other thing to note: The morning that I went in for the surgery, my blood pressure reading was high, too high. Dr Gable put safety first and told me I had to get it back down or the procedure would put me at risk. Disappointed, we cancelled the procedure and I left. Later I saw my cardiologist and we changed my medication. Thereafter I rescheduled and had my surgery a month later. It is no small thing to cancel a patient on the day of a surgery. Space and nurses had been allocated. But my health was clearly more important than anything else to Dr. Gable.

I cannot give him a higher recommendation. He is The Best.

Edited by Stevenson927

Gabel vet here. I always like to check in on what people post because it's usually transformational, and I like seeing what Dr. Gabel has been able to do for so many people, including myself.

Please keep us posted on your progress if you can, I understand the privacy issue.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 6 months later...

You are the only person who matters when it comes down to your surgery and results. We are all happy to hear that you're pleased with your results.

To help other members make the HT decision, could you please upload some more pictures (you Microsoft-Paint your face out of it)? I think it may be especially helpful for others to see on the post-op where the hairs were planted and to what density. 🙂

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 1 month later...