Best Care Routine after hair transplant?

Hello all

I am going to do my hair transplant very soon.

However, I am not sure what is the best care routine after hair transplant.

What is the best shampoo to use? How many times per week?

What oils to use? How many times per week?

Please advice me with best hair care routine after transplant. I wish use only, as much as possible, natural products to avoid any side effects.

Thanks in advance

Honestly I don’t think anything HELPS 

but there are def things that might hinder it like smoking, picking at the grafts, spending 10 hrs in baking sunshine....

i am 9 days out of a fue and I’m basically doing the same things I did prior minus heavy exercising. Propecia, rogaine, viviscal, vitamin C, unmedicated shampoo every day. 

A lot of the recovery is naturally taken care of by your body without you doing anything 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic1 said:

Thanks for your help.

What about using finasteride and minoxidil? May I get the best outcome without using them?

Do you mind uploading pics so we can see how aggressive you're balding? Fin is for stopping/slowing down future hair loss but in many cases, it does regrow some hair. Even with a great transplant, if you elect to not take fin, you could continue to bald in the future.  Due to potential side effects, I cannot tell you if you should take it or not, that is completely up to you. The side effects are statistically low, but you could end up being one of the unlucky ones. Speaking from personal experience, I've been on Fin for about 3 weeks and the only noticeable side effect so far was back pain in the first week that has since went away. I haven't experienced the notorious "soft wood" yet. I'm taking generic 1 mg a day.

I was on minoxidil (I think the brand was Lipogaine) for 2 years from 2014-2016. I mainly used in the corner temples and noticed better density...however it does have side effects on your skin, I noticed my face was getting puffy, my skin wasn't as youthful looking, and dark circles under my eyes became more prominent. At first I contributed it to maybe a poor diet and lack of sleep, but I was always heavy into exercising and my sleep schedule didn't change but it was definitely the minoxidil. About a year after discontinuing minoxidil, I noticed my face wasn't as bloated, skin got smoother, and the dark circles weren't as noticeable anymore. 

Keep in mind if you do start fin or minoxidil, once you stop, all results you achieved will be lost as well. Be ready to be committed to long-term usage if you decide to go with either. 

Minoxidil can be used with some effect for the crown mostly, and in tandem with finasteride may provide a one-two punch.

But truth be told, finasteride is the mightiest preventative treatment in the arsenal against hair loss.

• Like 1

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

6 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

Don't hit your head right after the surgery

Don't pick at grafts

Remove scabs carefully when it's safe to touch the grafts

Don't be out in the sun too long

Avoid shampoos with harsh chemicals for a while after your surgery

And you'll be fine. 

Roughly how long after a transplant can one use harsh shampoos like nizoral and tgel?

58 minutes ago, newpatient99 said:

That I'm not sure, I was very careful during my post-op, so I was using baby shampoo for the first 2 months. 

I think I might do the same. The baby shampoo is extremely gentle, did it clean your scalp well or did it leave a lot of oil and scalp residue?

The things you should or should not do after hair transplant are listed below.

It is very important that you stick to these rules so that you can ensure healthy hair growth and fast recovery of the donor site.

• SMOKING

Do not smoke for 7 days after the procedure.

• ALCOHOL

Do not drink alcohol for 7 days after the procedure.

• BLOOD THINNING DRUGS

Blood thinners should never be used (you can contact us for a detailed list).

• BATH-SAUNA

Do not go to the bath or sauna for 3 months after the procedure.

•  

Note:

Crashed Beats is a very famous music institute in Delhi and liked by almost every person in Delhi NCR area, also we offer all the categories in best music production courses in Delhi to all music lover people who are willing to grow in this field in the music industry.

1 hour ago, sheetalgoswami said:

Hair is considered to be the most crucial aspect of one’s charismatic personality. Balding can be a major turn off for most people as hair loss may cause low self-esteem and damage of confidence.

Before you go for that hair transplant procedure, these are the things you should be familiar with.

1. Right candidate to get a hair transplant

2. Hair transplant is not an enchantment

3. Transplanted hair can be treated like normal hair

4. Hair transplant is permanent

5. Emergence of transplanted air

6. Post-surgery precautions are vital

Visit your nearest Plastic Surgery Clinics for an assessment session prior to the procedure. And Get more information about this surgery.

Ummm I don’t know what #5 means

follicle farts?? ??

Your surgeon is going to give you a detailed list of instructions and dos/don'ts. For whatever reason, every office has their own guidelines, which makes giving universal advice on this rather tricky. 

The fact that there are so many different methods of caring for your scalp after HT for me highlights for me just how resilient our scalps are, and how so much of a transplant being successful comes from the surgeon and what happens n the room... There are some common sense rules that are accepted across the board (don't hit/damage your scalp, avoid direct sunlight, don't use anything too harsh, don't pick at scabs, keep clean, etc.) but the specifics of what that all looks like exactly will vary from surgeon to surgeon.

The bottom line is this: be careful, be smart, and listen to your doctor. If you do this, you'll be more than fine! :)

Also, should you have any questions once you're home, call your surgeon's office and they will help you!

Best of luck!!!!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56