27 years old - need general HT advice (pics inside)

Hello all :) 

I am 27 years of age currently living in Australia. Been lurking around the forums for a while and i finally started actively saving $ for a potential HT procedure and it is time to do my homework on what i should expect and which surgeons i need to consider etc. 

I started losing hair around 6-7 years ago in my early twenties and it has come to a point where i need to shave my head or have my hair really short in order to look decent, so the timing for a HT is perfect. I was going to do it bit earlier but never really thought about it that serious and as time goes by, i am leaning towards HT more and more. 

Main reason why i never considered to have a procedure is because of the sensitivity of my skin. I have a mild eczema which causes some dry skin & itchiness on my scalp from time to time. Clean diet, showering with cold water without using any shampoos seems to improve my scalp so before & after my procedure i would make sure to do all i can to avoid any unwanted issues with my scalp. i am also not using any shampoos lately (have tried Nizoral & ketoconazole and both make my scalp really dry) and that seems to have helped. Few years ago i also tried Rogain foam and after few days my scalp reacted really bad and became really dry & red which made me stop the treatment immediately. I read about few patients that have sensitive skin and still managed to do a HT successfully so that gave me some encouragement to start pursuing this.

i do not mind travelling to Europe and do the procedure there, but Asia is also an option as well. I am only interested in FUE because i want to have the option to shave my head if the HT doesn't work out as planned, so having a scar on the back of my head is not an option unfortunately. ASMED so far is my favorite clinic from what i have seen around the internet, but i am sure you guys will recommend me some other excellent surgeons. The problem with ASMED is the cost and i am fully aware that i should not let $ influence my decision, and if ASMED is the place to do my procedure, then that means that i will have to postpone until i save the required $ for that. I will not make a compromise because of cost, but ideally, i would like to pay less (as everyone else i presume :D) so please share some quality surgeons & clinics that would fit into that category. 

Here are some pics taken this morning. Please let me know what you think (number of grafts etc and whatever else i need to know). I didn't take a picture of my donor area, but my hair is very dense back there. I am interested doing the frontal part and if all goes well, do the crown in few years time as i have noticed that i am starting to lose bit of hair there too.

I appreciate all responses! Thanks!

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by theigor
Small change of thread name to give more detail

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

you’re probably looking at 5000 grafts to restore the front/mid and sprinkle some in on the crown. asmed obviously a good choice.. simple lol

Thanks for that. Besides ASMED, i woud like to see if anyone else will put forward their recommendations? I found quite few results by Dr Demirsoy, so considering the results people post and the general satisfaction plus the lower cost makes it an attractive option for me. 

Also, what i forgot to mention in the first post is finasteride and whether i have the ability to stop taking it after 6-12 months? 

Hello,

i've looked on many cases of Dr.Demisroy, as much germans on the forum I am usually in, go to him. there some really good resulsts but there are also some very bad ones, too. The work of Dr.Demisroy is not really constant in my point of view.

Dr.Demisroy is fine if you are a clear NW3 so a not as successfull HT can be manageable but in your case I can't recommend Dr.Demisroy. 

If it is turkey, where you want to go take a look at HLC, too.

Edited by devop911

1 hour ago, devop911 said:

Hello,

i've looked on many cases of Dr.Demisroy, as much germans on the forum I am usually in, go to him. there some really good resulsts but there are also some very bad ones, too. The work of Dr.Demisroy is not really constant in my point of view.

Dr.Demisroy is fine if you are a clear NW3 so a not as successfull HT can be manageable but in your case I can't recommend Dr.Demisroy. 

If it is turkey, where you want to go take a look at HLC, too.

Thank you devop911. I am happy to travel both to Europe & Asia for a procedure, so Turkey is not the only place i am looking at. Thanks for the advice in regards to Dr Demisroy. I will also have a look at HLC. 

10 hours ago, theigor said:

Thank you devop911. I am happy to travel both to Europe & Asia for a procedure, so Turkey is not the only place i am looking at. Thanks for the advice in regards to Dr Demisroy. I will also have a look at HLC. 

For your amount of loss and desire to do FUE I would only consider Erdogan, maybe Dr. Freitas in Spain also but he seems to usually do mid sized cases and has a waiting list over a year. Also more expensive than Erdogan. A lot of great FUE clinics like HLC mentioned above aren't suitable for you because they typically do significantly smaller graft numbers than ASMED which you require. 

I know you mention you don't want FUT but I would also consider Hasson and Wong as an option.

Also ASMED is on the cheaper end of top surgeons, half or less the price of most.

Second that finasteride would be a smart move. You can stop taking it but obviously you'll lose more hair and ultimately that just means more grafts and likely more surgery will be necessary in the near future.