8 weeks to 15 weeks difference!

JB0078

Last time I posted was 7 weeks, going into 8.  I was curious how my grafts looked at that point because to me it appeared there was growth and I had lots of little hairs that were popping through. I was hoping this was a sign that I was one of the "5%" who had growth from the get go.  I had gotten my first wash by the doctor at 28 days and he said I had kept approximately 35% of my grafts but they were likely to fall out by week 8.  Closing in on week 8 and they hadn't fallen out yet.  Here we are a mere 7 weeks later (so I'm just over 3 months from having the FUE and WOW.  My results are ridiculous!  I am definitely in that "5%" who have immediate growth.  I wanted to share this to let guys considering this procedure know, it is well worth it and although it is not normal to have such great results this early, it is possible.  Having said that, my doctor says I am currently at 10-15% density and I should barely have any hair growing at this point.  So, I am pumped.  I can basically style my hair at this point and unless you're really looking at my head, it all looks natural.  The hair seems like it's filling in almost daily!  Let me know what you think and yes, I am mildly tooting my own horn at this point! 

I included the week 7/8 pics compared to 15 weeks (7 weeks difference).  Thanks for reading!

7weeksFUE.JPG

7weeksFUE2.JPG

7weeksFUE.JPG

week15....jpg

week15..jpg

week15.jpg

1 hour ago, JeanLDD said:

This is the dream. Those 7 week pics are the quickest growth I have ever seen.

Yeah, it’s pretty insane!  I'm very fortunate.  Still have redness, but it's pretty covered up at this point.

Edited by JB0078
add info

5 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Wow fantastic. Any more details like number of grafts, fue method, doctor?

Sure. I did FUE procedure. 1400 grafts.  I went to LA Hair Clinic in Pasadena CA. Jacques Abrahamian did the procedure. 

• Like 1

You certainly are that very low percentage of patients showing incredible results in such a short amount of time.  Keep us posted going forward.  That redness you mentioned typically lingers for quite a while but maybe you will defy the odds again and it will fade quickly.  At least you have new growth covering it.  Congratulations.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

11 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

You certainly are that very low percentage of patients showing incredible results in such a short amount of time.  Keep us posted going forward.  That redness you mentioned typically lingers for quite a while but maybe you will defy the odds again and it will fade quickly.  At least you have new growth covering it.  Congratulations.

As far as the redness goes, it's only visible if I'm pulling the hairs away.  Otherwise at face value, all this hair covers it.  So I'm sure in time it'll go away but I really couldn't care less at this point, because it's covered sufficiently!

I’m sure there are a lot of jealous guys seeing your pictures.  Good for you!  Fabulous results.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible! Congratulations. Very happy for you and looking forward to how this ultimately shapes out. 

Now to any newcomers to the forum, don't go getting the wrong idea that this is what you should expect this early! Haha 

• Haha 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Congratulations again.  Keep us posted with more photos down the road. What was your cost per graft?

Jb0078,

What a significant improvement from 7 to 8 weeks to 15 weeks.   As another member said, this certainly is the dream. Sometimes, seven weeks can make all the difference in the world even early on such as this. However, most people don’t see that kind of substantial growth at just under four months. In fact, sometimes it takes five or six months for growth to even begin but your case certainly is ideal. I’m sure you’re very thrilled especially since it’s so early on and you have a lot more growth and thickening to come.

By the way, have you considered creating a patient website? If you go to www.hairlossweblogs.com, you can create your own website, create journals with photo albums, you can rate and review your surgeon, etc. We’re actually in the process of re-doing it completely and the process will be even easier and more advanced in the next couple of months. But you are encouraged to create one and even link it to your forum signature.  

Best wishes, 

Bill

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow that’s incredible, enjoy that hair ?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone.  It’s still growing well. The doctor told me last month I was only around 10-15% density. It’s grown even better since then. Here’s a new pic. Just shy of 5 months. 

F81C263B-FF50-470A-A2DF-60FC794A713B.jpeg

0881AFE8-1CF8-4B37-95F8-23F5BB45B62D.jpeg

0AC1E699-2A60-4457-947B-A4FABC9F63CF.jpeg

Dude! Absolutely incredible. It just keeps getting better and better. Very happy for you. : )

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56