Jump to content
superflash

Dr Cinik - 4300 Grafts - Results & Progress

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, MrOneSeries said:

Coming on nicely, when you look at your before pics you can see how much has grown!

Hopefully another 6 months+ and your crown will fill in. Your donor area looks much better too.

Have you tried head and shoulders for your dandruff?

No, I have not tried using H&S shampoo. I don't want to use any other shampoo than the ones Dr. Cinik's clinic recommends. Nizoral has been doing a great job, I have a lot less dandruff now than before I started.

Edited by superflash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 6:12 PM, sueta99 said:

How much did you pay in total for the treatment?

Their prices are on their website. I paid in CAD which came to $3,900 at the time. Then I spent $300 CAD on 6 months worth of shampoo and 1 year worth of multi-vitamins.

From my results, it was all worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that’s such a good price .. I had to spend $20,000 U.S. for just hairline work . But I’m definitely going overseas for future procedures ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Superflash, 

any update on the progress? I am especially curious about the crown.

 

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive results for FUE, it looks great. But I have to say that I think it's a bit irresponsible of doctors to do such big FUE megasessions on first time patients, especially when it's obvious they will need more work done in the future. Stripping out their donor area like that the first time doesn't feel right to me.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cap88 said:

Very impressive results for FUE, it looks great. But I have to say that I think it's a bit irresponsible of doctors to do such big FUE megasessions on first time patients, especially when it's obvious they will need more work done in the future. Stripping out their donor area like that the first time doesn't feel right to me.

Looking at the pre-op pictures, he had already lost quite a lot of hair and to be honest not sure a reduced number of grafts would have given him the cosmetic improvement that would make a HT worthwhile. 

Not sure what the graft distribution is but I'd imagine it's probably something around 3500 in the frontal region and the remaining 800 or so in the vertex which would be the right way to go about it. That coupled with keeping a high, conservative hairline and no grafts being used up in the temple points,  don't think it's the worst donor management in the world for a FUE procedure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Cap88 said:

Very impressive results for FUE, it looks great. But I have to say that I think it's a bit irresponsible of doctors to do such big FUE megasessions on first time patients, especially when it's obvious they will need more work done in the future. Stripping out their donor area like that the first time doesn't feel right to me.

Doubtful if there was a doctor at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I just got back from vacation. I was somewhat irresponsible and didn't bring a hat with me to the beach and my head got red from the sun. Alright, let's begin, I'll post my update pictures then I'll answer some of your questions after.

This is at the end of Month 7.

month7-front.thumb.jpg.a726236489dcc6793367e2ed52b76d37.jpg month7-top.thumb.jpg.7ad9f146711b160fa3261590da0fb265.jpg month7-side.thumb.jpg.691e09b8375520c8c25ad51a82f759f7.jpg month7-back.thumb.jpg.a7ecd00a644e007ac5cb8977e464fc0d.jpg

Updates:

  • I sent these pictures to the clinic and they said not to worry about the redness. At month 7, the grafts are secured and healed up, minor sunburn will not damage them or affect my progress.
  • The clinic also told me that grafts implanted in the crown do not start growing out until month 8 and continue to grow until month 15. I don't know why hairs on the crown grow at a very different rate then the front.

Your questions and comments:

On 4/2/2019 at 12:53 AM, Legend007 said:

Man that’s such a good price .. I had to spend $20,000 U.S. for just hairline work . But I’m definitely going overseas for future procedures ..

I know man, I went to see doctors in Canada and they quoted me at $12,000 CAD and also just for the front area.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:08 AM, alex79 said:

Hi Superflash, 

any update on the progress? I am especially curious about the crown.

 

Thanks.

See my 2nd update point. The clinic told me hairs on the crown start growing out at the 8th month mark.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:57 AM, Cap88 said:

Very impressive results for FUE, it looks great. But I have to say that I think it's a bit irresponsible of doctors to do such big FUE megasessions on first time patients, especially when it's obvious they will need more work done in the future. Stripping out their donor area like that the first time doesn't feel right to me.

The clinic told me everyone has around 6000 grafts they can take from the donor area without causing a noticeable lack of grafts or scarring back there. Dr. Cinik said they took out 4,300 this time so if I ever want a 2nd HT they can use 2000 to cover whatever areas need it and also take from my beard if they need to.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, Fozzie said:

Looking at the pre-op pictures, he had already lost quite a lot of hair and to be honest not sure a reduced number of grafts would have given him the cosmetic improvement that would make a HT worthwhile. 

Not sure what the graft distribution is but I'd imagine it's probably something around 3500 in the frontal region and the remaining 800 or so in the vertex which would be the right way to go about it. That coupled with keeping a high, conservative hairline and no grafts being used up in the temple points,  don't think it's the worst donor management in the world for a FUE procedure.

That's right. That's also what Dr. Cinik said. They put 2500 in the frontal area, 1000 in the top middle area and 800 on the crown. I didn't receive any grafts on my temple points but I saw other guys who did.

23 hours ago, sueta99 said:

 

Doubtful if there was a doctor at all. 

Dr. Cinik was involved. He opened the channels for the implants. I took the Exclusive Package offered on his website.

I'll be posting pictures of me at the beach on my social media accounts soon. Send me a direct message if you want to see them.
Hair looked really thick during my trip 👌
Cheers guys! Can't wait for month 8!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The clinic told me everyone has around 6000 grafts they can take from the donor area without causing a noticeable lack of grafts or scarring back there. Dr. Cinik said they took out 4,300 this time so if I ever want a 2nd HT they can use 2000 to cover whatever areas need it and also take from my beard if they need to.

That is unfortunately not a true statement from the clinic. All FUE sessions damage the donor area for future operations, especially for FUT procedures. Some patients might look great back there after 6000 grafts have been taken, but the donor area will have less grafts to work with. It's also important to note that some patients will not look good. Everyone are different, so it all depends on your hair texture and quality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Your progress for 7-months looks real good and looking at your pre-op photos it especially looks good coverage-wise, the Doctor did the right thing using the major your grafts for your frontal 1/3 as it gives a nice framing of the face especially your side profile photo. 👍🏻

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 11:26 PM, superflash said:

Their prices are on their website. I paid in CAD which came to $3,900 at the time. Then I spent $300 CAD on 6 months worth of shampoo and 1 year worth of multi-vitamins.

From my results, it was all worth it!

That is an excellent price!  Your results are looking very good, and I hope the crown continues to improve for you.  What a difference 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I know I didn't post my 8 month progress pics. I was very busy the past few weeks. It'll be 9 months at the end of this month and this time I decided to post pictures of my hair before/after my latest haircut (2 days ago).

Before/after haircut

month9-front-before.thumb.jpg.09fba7786d7d775b0b7bed79c060c3b4.jpg month9-top-before.thumb.jpg.91f9bd0b99e02562ec016a442181f0fc.jpg month9-side-before.thumb.jpg.faad64864c73fcc23edec458bd72a9ad.jpg month9-back-before.thumb.jpg.e6cb4c93518bb8dee612f1665bda939d.jpg

month9-front-after.thumb.jpg.754283ac499d213a2564e2bdd2e6ab8f.jpg month9-top-after.thumb.jpg.ec74ebcfb2cade520fd645fb95298d0e.jpg month9-side-after.thumb.jpg.d90df70e15f1a5d7511da1f1b92492a7.jpg month9-back-after.thumb.jpg.548fc0b9b78f4dfdc471f9d998eef9cb.jpg

Updates

  • For my haircut, this time I decided to go as short as 1.5 on the back and sides. I kinda like it, I don't think I would ever go shorter than that.
  • I feel like the crown area is getting more and more covered BUT I am seriously considering a 2nd HT now. Yes, I would go back to this clinic for my 2nd HT.
  • I don't have any issues with my head. No dandruff, no pain, sensitivity and feeling is back to normal (top of head used to still feel numb from the local anesthetics)
  • Still taking my vitamins every morning, going to the gym regularly, going out with friends, drinking, no issues at all.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about doing a 2nd HT to finish covering the top/crown.

Edited by superflash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haircut looks good and the progress is miles better than what you started. For what it's worth, I think your crown looks fine with the current situation. If it were me, I would wait for the second crown HT for at least a few years. Your crown will continue to thin, so why not do it when you know what is necessary? 

Again, I think your crown looks fine, and unless you're short or have multiple people walk to your desk from behind, no one will notice your crown anyway. I think you're also in the target audience for topik and other concealers. You have lots of hair surrounding the crown, you have some native hairs in the crown, and you have a hairstyle that supports it. Something to think about. I know you didn't say when you're looking for the HT, but I hope you at least try waiting and enjoying the change this HT has brought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lennney said:

Haircut looks good and the progress is miles better than what you started. For what it's worth, I think your crown looks fine with the current situation. If it were me, I would wait for the second crown HT for at least a few years. Your crown will continue to thin, so why not do it when you know what is necessary? 

Again, I think your crown looks fine, and unless you're short or have multiple people walk to your desk from behind, no one will notice your crown anyway. I think you're also in the target audience for topik and other concealers. You have lots of hair surrounding the crown, you have some native hairs in the crown, and you have a hairstyle that supports it. Something to think about. I know you didn't say when you're looking for the HT, but I hope you at least try waiting and enjoying the change this HT has brought.

Agree with this. Looking at the OP's pre-op pics, the crown is obviously balding but not slick bald and I think the remaining hair will continue to go without medication.

If you are not using medication, I think you are probably better off letting the rest of the hair in the crown go and then look to address it when it stabilises. You don't really want to be playing 'catch up' in the crown as in my experience hair loss there can quickly accelerate and that balding can turn into a slick bald spot in no time at all. 

If you were to go ahead addressing the crown now, yes in the short term it may look good but once the rest of that native hair falls out there, you'll be back to square one so probably better to let it somewhat stabilise first.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your feedback @Lennney and @Fozzie. Yes, I was actually planning to go back soon (at my 12 month mark) because I thought since I did this now in my life, might as well do it completely all the way instead of go through the whole recovery again at another point in my life. But it seems like it would be better for me to wait. I wasn't decided on it for sure, was just debating it so thanks for the tips guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. Though a second final touch to fill in crown would be nice. Already very good results 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @alex79

I think I'm going to wait off on the 2nd HT and instead go do a PRP session. Dr. Cinik's clinic offers it at no extra cost for their patients post-operation. I'll be traveling to that part of the world for vacation so this would be a good thing to do instead of full out HT again at this time.

Cheers guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great. Huge improvement. How many grafts did cinik day you have left?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, superflash said:

Thanks @alex79

I think I'm going to wait off on the 2nd HT and instead go do a PRP session. Dr. Cinik's clinic offers it at no extra cost for their patients post-operation. I'll be traveling to that part of the world for vacation so this would be a good thing to do instead of full out HT again at this time.

Cheers guys.

All the best. Good luck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, jj51702 said:

Looks great. Huge improvement. How many grafts did cinik day you have left?

I can't remember if he told me himself or if I read it somewhere online while doing my research but generally, a person can take out 6000 grafts without the donor area looking too bad (no lack of hair showing in the back). This made sense to me because when I met with doctors in North America, they told me they don't transfer more than 2000 grafts per surgery max and then later on, I met guys who had 3 transplants in total to cover their entire head. It made sense to me because 2000 x 3 = 6000.

I had 4300 taken out so I'd say I have about 1700 left...almost 2000 if I ever want to get a 2nd HT done for touch ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Superflash,

Your results so far look ace.  I can understand your concerns and feel the need to get the crown done, but it just seems more sensible to at least give them another six months to grow through given that a fair amount were already put there.  I'm excited to see how it goes for you over the next half-year - please keep posting 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×