Dr Cinik - 4300 Grafts - Results & Progress

superflash

20 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Great progress, you look super youthful. What does your family think?

Thanks :) My family thinks it's great! They're so happy with it and they're glad I picked a good place and that the results are looking this good. My brother wants to go do it now and so do some friends of mine too.

Edited by superflash

• 4 weeks later...

Alright guys, here it is. Month 5 pics followed by some updates.

month5-front.thumb.jpg.affcc05dfd13755e23d2553a109b36fc.jpg month5-top.thumb.jpg.6f0b66420392693c6cec4e19be5d05ed.jpg month5-side.thumb.jpg.0ab002afbaa024df3166d4b57cb1466c.jpg month5-back.thumb.jpg.2ad9147ed83d74e7eaa7ad7eb282e436.jpg

Updates:

• So what I thought was dead skin falling off my scalp is actually dandruff. I showed pictures to the clinic (they communicate through Whatsapp) and they told me I could/should use Nizoral shampoo once a week so I'm going to start doing that this weekend.
  • Other than that, everything is pretty normal, still taking my meds daily and Biotin every other day as directed by the clinic.
  • I've been skiing now (with a helmet on all day) my hair looked pressed down when I took the helmet off but I let it come up on its own and everything was fine.
  • I'm letting the top hair grow long and keeping the sides short. I got a haircut half-way through the month and went down to a level 1 on the back and sides...I probably won't be doing that again. Here's what it looked like:

month5-haircut-left.thumb.jpg.c0972646c874452ab3215e5075137ee0.jpg month5-haircut-right.thumb.jpg.9247b6ffffa628a17ccfa0757e9d233f.jpg month5-haircut-back.thumb.jpg.ae60b34a83b760efc88450c9f87b169e.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I also agree that it looks very good. There’s a good chance that your donor will even out in the next few months and a longer hairstyle on the sides and back, in the interim, might suit you better.

Edited by Steeeve
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Heya, your growth and progress looks good!

Why is your donor area showing a big square outline thru the hair? Just curious.

It's because I got a very short haircut. As others are saying, it's not necessarily over harvested. I had a lot of surface to cover, 4300 grafts is a lot but the way my back looks with short hair is something I expected, not surprised. If you look at my 4 month post where my hair is slightly longer in the back, you can't see anything unusual or missing from the donor area.

I will certainly consider a longer hair style...this is new to me :) haha

1 hour ago, superflash said:

It's because I got a very short haircut. As others are saying, it's not necessarily over harvested. I had a lot of surface to cover, 4300 grafts is a lot but the way my back looks with short hair is something I expected, not surprised. If you look at my 4 month post where my hair is slightly longer in the back, you can't see anything unusual or missing from the donor area.

I will certainly consider a longer hair style...this is new to me :) haha

Ah, yes, looked at your previous photos of donor, when your hair is longer it is difficult to see anything out of the ordinary, looking good so far either way!

• Like 1

Your donor looks a scock-loss to me which can happen when more than 3500 grafts have been extracted. I had similar situation . It became better on the 8 th month. Have you contacted dr.  Cinik ? Using finasterid and minoxidil might help.

• Like 1

Here is a mini-update to show what my back looks like now.

month5.5-back1.thumb.jpg.e68415186afaa7dd024e7252992acd11.jpg month5.5-back3.thumb.jpg.0cdeba3d440a9438c87cfae4d01201ab.jpg month5.5-back2.thumb.jpg.3cba3524da877a18375341099e6e5578.jpg

On 2/3/2019 at 12:22 AM, PlzRespond said:

superflash- have you been using the "everyday shampoo" that the clinic sells? Did u experience the dandruff even while using that?

Yes, I only use the shampoo the clinic provided. Yes, I experienced the dandruff while using it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a few days behind but here are my 6 month photos!

And some updates...

• I'm using Nizoral Shampoo once a week and it's working
  • Still taking my 2 vitamins everyday (Saw Palmetto + MultiVitamins) and 1 every other day (Biotin 10,000 mcg).
  • I'm working out normally, lifting heavy weights and I'm fine
  • Alcohol, food, sports, physical activity are all back to normal and I don't smoke

Everything seems to be normal. I'm growing my hair long but I want another haircut to keep it clean.

I'm so happy with my front view but my top view is making me consider a second HT. I'm going to wait till the 12 months are done before making any decisions. What do you guys think?

month6-front.thumb.jpg.8fa4e00e974ebef298b8c5efc794c950.jpg month6-top.thumb.jpg.a8dacf58c912b5a45fe53284df64ec04.jpg month6-side.thumb.jpg.3d886f4cbd58926ced9431d86d13e821.jpg month6-back.thumb.jpg.a37d66bf8725d2a043afaa04098fb85a.jpg

Edited by superflash

Coming on nicely, when you look at your before pics you can see how much has grown!

Hopefully another 6 months+ and your crown will fill in. Your donor area looks much better too.

Have you tried head and shoulders for your dandruff?