Dr Cinik - 4300 Grafts - Results & Progress

superflash

Time for that monthly update...2 months now.

A lot has fallen out (normal shedding phase, I hope). My numbness is going away slowly. I am starting to get back into my regular routine. Ex: going out, drinking/partying with friends, joined a sports team.
I used a machine/clippers to clean around my neck and donor area. Have not touched the top/transplanted area at all yet.

I'm just blown away at how much has fallen compared to my 1 month mark. The waiting game must be strong haha

month2-front.thumb.jpg.3e3055c095ebfc428db90290ab37d51f.jpg month2-top.thumb.jpg.a22ab68908bfb0fab42f6e50ec37b037.jpg month2-side.thumb.jpg.e2620c3e728991637a7c201024533f15.jpg month2-back.thumb.jpg.82310221608dfae861e5599e6ecb4c23.jpg

• Like 1

Looking right on track! Donor area looks great!

The shed is almost the worst part, personally I think when the hairs start growing (sporadically) although it's super exciting it also looks the worst haha! Few months and you'll feel back to normal. Careful with the sports team as you don't want any contact on the head for a while! 

Edited by lukeyb1687
  • Thanks 1

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

11 minutes ago, lukeyb1687 said:

Careful with the sports team as you don't want any contact on the head for a while! 

Thanks for the comment. It makes me feel better knowing that :)

I know, I will be very careful with sports. I play recreational volleyball so no helmets or anything like that and I'll make sure to always guard my head no matter what. I even mentioned it to Dr. Cinik's clinic and they said it was Ok. They are very good at answering my questions over Whatsapp.

4 minutes ago, alex79 said:

I don’t see any shock loss... The implanted hairs have fallen, which is normal within 3 months.

Yes, that's right, the implanted hairs fall out before growing normally within 3 months. Isn't that what shock loss is? Aren't they the same thing? Implanted hairs fall out = shock loss? 

HairGone29, the focus of the transplant was in the front. I had a large area to cover so keep in mind that high density was focused on the front area and the crown was secondary (less density). Out of the 4300 grafts, 2500 were put in the front and the rest were spread between crown and top of head/middle area. 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright it's that time of the month...3 months now and there is a HUGE change.

A lot seems to have grown back. My numbness continues to fade away but still slightly numb at the very top of my head.

Here's some updates to share with you guys:

• I started working out 2 weeks ago. I am lifting relatively heavy weights but not heavy enough that I put a lot of pressure on myself or my face/head.
  • Barely any hairs fall out in the shower anymore. I'm still gentle when I rub shampoo on. Only using the palms of my hand, no fingers yet.
  • My head gets really dry, not sure if that is part of the procedure or just the cold weather from where I live (Canada). The clinic said I can rub coconut oil on my scalp so that's what I've been doing every once in a while.
  • I'm taking my multivitamins and Saw Palmetto every morning and biotin (10,000mcg) every OTHER day. The clinic instructed me to take Biotin every 2 days, not everyday.
  • I got a haircut with clippers on the side/donor area and only scissors on the top. I go down to a #2 on the sides/back neck area.

Just like how I was blown away at how much fell in my second month, I am again blown away at how much has grown back since then.

month3-front.thumb.jpg.71ca2c197e33e7e390fc06be29cd26d9.jpg month3-top.thumb.jpg.2fb98e87363dd993f151f047646a7fae.jpg month3-side.thumb.jpg.c9c9e80fe04efd057fbe5050542c202a.jpg month3-back.thumb.jpg.c7a097daffd0c8bba702a62523ee0b39.jpg

PS. I grew out a moustache for Movember.

Edited by superflash
  • Like 2

good luck 

I'm behind you,  i also a month after HT with cinik 

4100 grafts, the last week my hair start to fall Like falling autumn

At first, I was nervous and talked to the clinic and they told me it was normal
I personally started doing sports after a month, of course, I had asked before
Also takes their multivitamin and shampoo,  cinik clinic staff are really nice and helpful with any questions
Wishing you and me great success and holding fingers and follicles :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, MrOneSeries said:

Did you have a dry scalp or any issues prior to the op?

I'm gonna say yes, I did have dry scalp before the op.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:37 AM, jj51702 said:

Dang I think this is going to be a homerun especially with your donor characteristics 

when did u first start noticing sprouts?

which package did u choose? The one where a tech does incisions or the doctor?

Haha thanks man, I'm really happy with my results and I'm not even halfway yet. I gotta admit, I was a little worried when I got half-way through the shedding phase...A LOT fell out but it's all back now and more. I don't know when I noticed the sprouts, I kinda just woke up one day and saw myself in the mirror and thought wow a lot of hair returned.

I definitely went with the doctor making the incisions seeing as that is a very important step.

2 hours ago, goli said:

I personally started doing sports after a month, of course, I had asked before
Also takes their multivitamin and shampoo,  cinik clinic staff are really nice and helpful with any questions
Wishing you and me great success and holding fingers and follicles :)

Thanks man :) I have no doubt that we will both be happy with our results. I know right! Cinik's team is VERY nice and helpful, they are so good at answering all my questions in a professional, friendly way. I am so glad I bought their shampoo and multivitamins. When I looked at other clinics, I read that they recommend you take propecia and finasteride after the operation which I really did not want to do. One of the many reasons I went with Dr. Cinik is because they just recommend to take normal multivitamins.

Edited by superflash

Hello, thanks for sharing, it's very helpful for those as me that have chosen Dr. Cinik for our HT (just 1 month away...). I chose B Package (Dr. C opening channels). Since you needed a lot of grafts as I do, I wondered if they also offered you getting grafts from your bear and if so, how did it go?. Even when I have a good donor area, I think they'll have to get some of these grafts from my bear in order to help with a good density. Thanks in advance!

foto.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-21 at 14.17.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (1).jpeg

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

Hey Superflash,

The new growth that is coming in, is it coming in waves or are you seeing new hairs poke through all the time?

I'm asking because I had an explosion of growth at weeks 11-12, but between then and now (15 weeks), no new hairs poking through at all. Getting worried.

I had my hair transplant on 1st Sep 2018. Follow my progress here: FUE 2800 DHI Grafts Dr Cinik

On 12/15/2018 at 3:05 PM, fespafer said:

Hello, thanks for sharing, it's very helpful for those as me that have chosen Dr. Cinik for our HT (just 1 month away...). I chose B Package (Dr. C opening channels). Since you needed a lot of grafts as I do, I wondered if they also offered you getting grafts from your bear and if so, how did it go?. Even when I have a good donor area, I think they'll have to get some of these grafts from my bear in order to help with a good density. Thanks in advance!

Hi fespafer, Thanks for the comment. I'm glad my post is helping you, it's the reason I started it since I was once in your shoes too and used posts like this one to help me. Dr. Cinik DOES offer using grafts from your beard. I did not need that but there were 2 other gentlemen who did get grafts taken from their bard under their chins. Dr. Cinik will decide after viewing your donor area what the best solution is for you.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, HairShadows said:

Hey Superflash,

The new growth that is coming in, is it coming in waves or are you seeing new hairs poke through all the time?

I'm asking because I had an explosion of growth at weeks 11-12, but between then and now (15 weeks), no new hairs poking through at all. Getting worried.

Hi HairShadows, I am at about week 14 now and this growth amount came in at around week 12 like you. I THINK new hairs are poking through all the time. I can see some at the front of my hairline but it is becoming too dense to notice things in the top or behind the hairline. When I touch my crown, I can feel little poky hairs that are much shorter than the other hairs and when I run my fingers gently through the front of my head, I can feel similar little poky hairs too. I also have some tingly pain throughout my day which I hope is new hairs growing through my skin.

I am not worried. Don't be worried man, it's all about patience. Everybody is different, just keep doing what you're doing and the hairs will come with time. Last week I was playing volleyball and the ball hit my head directly on the middle top. I was a little worried but I spoke with the clinic and they said it is all fine just be more careful next time. They said I can swim, smoke, go about my normal routine now so I don't think there is much that can destroy/kill the root at this point. Obviously do not pull your hair out but I would say the most important thing is to take the right nutrients the hair needs to grow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 months now! I hope everyone is having a happy holidays and a happy new year!

Not much to update this month other than the usual; more hair growth. I'm visiting family back home so the lighting is a bit different in these pictures. The pictures are under direct lighting and they weren't doing my hair any good so I took an extra one for an "optimal" shot.

Month4-front.thumb.jpg.0d3cb779e36f0f5a4b9ffcfbc3a54f65.jpg Month4-top.thumb.jpg.8fa91bba7f2ff419eaa69fe184082166.jpg Month4-side.thumb.jpg.ea09b671e676ebf56b8325a3a51e8e04.jpg Month4-back.thumb.jpg.76c033b069528be34635b9f71298a834.jpg 

And this is what I normally look like without direct light.

month4-optimal.thumb.jpg.840cb58b342ea9e3db924191932db321.jpg