Girlfriend made me cut my hair . I’m sad now

Legend007

Well my girlfriend has been complaining about my long hair for awhile now .. she liked how I looked a year ago when I was clean cut with a KoreAn Popstar kinda look ..

yeah I liked that hairstyle too , but damn people just don’t understand I’m balding now n hair is thinning .. my hair can’t be cut that way anymore ,, I need density for that hairstyle .. so I’ve been Growing my back n sides longer to give an illusion of thick hair.. I’m just trying to cover up my receding hairline n diffusing top, not trying to look like great anymore , just want to be comfortable in my own skin  ..

But today , I gave in n went n got a haircut , the clean cut short sides n back .. 

n now I looked ugly n balding , hard to hide my receding hairline now .. I’m kinda upset at her .. she doesn’t even think it look good either .. it’s like Durr , I already told u that.. I hate it when people think they know what’s best for u .. I’m having some doubts about her now .. if she didn’t like it when my hair was longer n okay looking , she ain’t gonna want me when My balding gets bad .. she’s a lot younger than me .. n I’m just getting older n balder .. 

I’m just ranting right now .. sorry bout that .. kinda pissed I lost my long hair today .. 

Legend, don't worry, you're hair will grow back, think of it as a lesson learnt. As for your girlfriend not wanting you because you're losing some hair, if that happens then you've probably dodged a bullet!

Thanks for the support guys .. the haircut wasn’t that bad .. I was just overreacting .. I wanted to keep my hair long so when I get a ht in two months the doctor would see what he has to got to work with .. a nice donor!!

it wasn’t my girls fault she wanted me to cut my hair .. I’m meeting her parents for the first time in two weeks so she wanted me to look clean cut instead of looking like a bad boy .. it was just my own insecurity n fear of losing more hair in the future .. made me upset about her .. kinda yelled at her too .. told her if the haircut is bad imma be mad .. she got kinda sad about that.. but I made it up to her, took her to a nice dinner n stuff .

girls just don’t realize how sensitive guys are about their hair.. there’s a reason they made a movie about Samson  n how he lost his mojo when he got his hair cut off .. its important to us . 

• Administrators

Try some toppik legend, 

Im sure people don’t look at you and think you’re balding, but you know it so it makes you self conscious. You need something to give you volume, either a hair fiber or volumizer. You can definitely make your hair look good, just gonna take an extra effort.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.