Is shockloss permanent? Seeking information on shockloss.

When transplanting new follicles between native thinning hairs, they are prone to shockloss... is this shockloss permanent to the thinning hairs or will they come back from being dormant and continue to grow out for years to come, until they excessively minituarize? 

Thanks in in advance for any information

Ryan

• Administrators

It depends, some hairs that are strong may grow back, the weak hairs probably won’t. That’s why it’s crucial that hair loss is stabilized prior to having surgery. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The diffused thinning pattern is almost always the highest risk for shock loss.  The hair that is not in an advanced diffused state usually come back yet the ones that are greatly diffused usually do not.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY