Do I appear to have good donor hair?

I know a lot of people will call me mad at 23 to undergo a transplant.. 

but answer me this.. If i don't get a transplant and TRY.. I self consciously will shave my head in the near future because my thinning is too progressed. This will leave me with a SHAVED HEAD. 

If I get a fue graft procedure and it works in my favour.. I will restore lost confidence within myself and restored hair for at least some years to come.. 

if the transplant causes shock loss and doesn't work out as well as I had planned I can still SHAVE MY HEAD.. leaving me in the same situation i would be in if I didn't TRY and go for a procedure. 

I would really like to know in depth what dangers I am really causing to myself my getting a procedure done? 

My main concern is density in my crown/top scalp.. I am not phased by a receeded hairline as I wear long hair anyway.

I am currently taking 1mg finasteride/ 5mg Minoxidil combination oral capsule 1 time a day which is proving to successfully slow down my hair loss considerably. And regain some thicker hairs in midscalp.

IMG_4090.JPG

IMG_4102.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

• Administrators

Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief FUE is not scarless. Therefore, shaving your head is out of the question. Furthermore, the way you wear your hair and the degree of your hair loss is more suited for FUSS

Moreover, thinking short term is how many patients end up repair victims. The fact is you will care about your appearance in 10, 20 and 30 years. So, it is a good idea to plan long-term instead of short-term. If you’re not prepared to commit to surgery for life then I would urge you to reconsider surger altogether.

warm regards-Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator I appreciate your replies and honesty mate. 

I have seen various results of fue scarring from a lot of sources and noticed it can range a lot. I will look into FUSS , I have discussed my current opinion with a couple of surgeons who seem to be willing to give me a shot at surgery.. originally they were hesitant but after face consultation, have Agreed to do surgery as long as I understand the risk of shock loss. 

i do care about how I look now and believe I will at 30, 40, 50 and so forth. I obviously, just like a lot of people on this forum want a chance to wear a fuller head of hair at this time getting started in life (travelling, starting a business etc).. 

shaving my head to 5-10mm hair on the back and sides and exposing baldness on top later down the track is a common look to see around for an adult, point being if there is something I can do (risky or not) I want to take a chance because I'm getting close to shaving my head at the moment anyway with the severity of thinning. 

You should shave your head and see if you can go without an HT.  I did. You willnprobablynhet shockloss and want to shave it after the HT until it grows out anyway, so I say, take the 30 day challenge and where a short cut first. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If I were in your shoes man,  I would first get my hair cut to a much shorter length and see how that suits me in the time being, because having thinning hair loss is much more obvious with longer hair than it is with shorter hair to be honest. And if you do not feel a shorter hair style suits you, then I would shave the rest off and see how that looks and makes me feel, many guys on here that have had HT’s have mentioned that they were afraid of getting their heads shaved for the procedure but when they did they actually thought that they looked good with it and could see themselves pulling off the shaved look.

Your age is a bit young to undergo an HT procedure, but you do look as if you have had extensive hair loss at your age and donor area looks reasonably good, I would wait until maybe 25 then get some consultations with reputable doctors done.