How does my donor area look

I'm a young diffuse thinner not currently on any medication as I had a very bad reaction from fin and dus separately. Currently, Im happy to trim my hair all the way down to a 0.1 and have some temp SMP done but was thinking if a HT would be possible in the future. Let me know your thoughts guys and as I said earlier I had a bad experience with the meds so please so "get on the fin ASAP" comments.  The pictures are from last week before a hair cut, this is the longest I've grown out my donor area in a very long time. Interested on your thoughts on my donor area so drop some knowledge guys. IMG_1550-1.thumb.jpg.779599b95502643f0fb1c71233e0d1f5.jpg??

IMG_1572.jpg

Use rogaine on that crown, are you absolutely sure you can't give finasteride another go?

Without it hair loss will inevitably get worse and you'll be chasing it with a finite donor to try and fill in the thinning.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I see you're in the UK.  Suggest you consider in person consultations with Farjo and the Maitland Clinics.  I think they charge if you want to see a doctor but it's not more than about GBP150.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

I agree with what everyone's assertions, the second pic looks like my scalp and ive had 5,300 grafts extracted. Can you post some clearer pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Bej520 said:

I'm a young diffuse thinner not currently on any medication as I had a very bad reaction from fin and dus separately. Currently, Im happy to trim my hair all the way down to a 0.1 and have some temp SMP done but was thinking if a HT would be possible in the future. Let me know your thoughts guys and as I said earlier I had a bad experience with the meds so please so "get on the fin ASAP" comments.  The pictures are from last week before a hair cut, this is the longest I've grown out my donor area in a very long time. Interested on your thoughts on my donor area so drop some knowledge guys. IMG_1550-1.thumb.jpg.779599b95502643f0fb1c71233e0d1f5.jpg??

IMG_1572.jpg

Who did your temporary SMP?  I'm very interested in this procedure for my Norwood 6 scalp.

Edited by True