Does Couto have an actual website? Outside of youtube, I can't find much.

De Freitas has an INSANE volume of FUE. Does anyone know how he is able to do so many procedures? Is his clinic mostly technician run?

I have a hunch most people here haven't worked with them or researched them much because of their insane wait lists, but if anyone is aware would appreciate your insight.

Thanks. I still can't believe how many cases Freitas' patients post. It's like one every few days. He must have a tech mill that rivals the Turkish 'treat em and street em' factories.

Probably. I wouldn't mind too much if the results are good though, and they often are. Also, with the high visibility of his work out there, because of how many patients post, I think it is a good enough sample to make an informed decision of what to expect

I've reviewed about 50 patient submitted cases of de Freitas on recuperar and about 30 of Couto, will probably have gone through their entire roster shortly. 

Couto is definitely more consistent and impressive, though de Freitas is close behind. I don't think his 4-5 year wait list is because of his celebrity soccer players alone, though I'm sure that's helped. One of the threads with Javier Farinos (FARI78) is pretty funny, as most of the users doubt it's him until the doc posts a picture of them together. 4350 FUE procedure with 10/10 results. Couto is the best I've seen, does with FUE what Koni does with strip.

Occasionally de Freitas will have a case where you're like 'Wow what went wrong there." For the most part elite level results though, and seems to have become more consistent over the last few years. Similar to Lorenzo, beyond most of the North American guys. I would probably put de Freitas slightly above even Feriduni, Bisanga and Erdogan. They both do beautiful hairline work as well, some of the best I've seen.

Perhaps the slight difference has to do with tech variability, not sure. To a greater degree we are ranking their support staff in Europe -- I wished they published more information about specific techs, owing to their greater involvement in extraction and placement. Would be nice to have excellence at that level acknowledged as well. That's why it's so helpful when patients include information about the entire staff when they submit their own cases.

Both C & F tend to use higher graft numbers and the donor wounds seem larger then those of Lorenzo or Koni, though I'm not sure of the exact caliber. de Freitas quoted me 2.8 k as compared to 2 K most other places I've asked. Not sure if they count the grafts on extraction or implantation.

Edited by bismarck
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 12:39 PM, bismarck said:

"...I've reviewed about 30 of Couto"

His work on youtube is absolutely amazing and I know on all the forums he is said to be one of the best but I'm struggling to find actual reviews by patients. Would it be possible for you to share the link to some of these reviews?

Thanks

On 8/31/2018 at 1:39 PM, bismarck said:

I've reviewed about 50 patient submitted cases of de Freitas on recuperar and about 30 of Couto, will probably have gone through their entire roster shortly. 

Couto is definitely more consistent and impressive, though de Freitas is close behind. I don't think his 4-5 year wait list is because of his celebrity soccer players alone, though I'm sure that's helped. One of the threads with Javier Farinos (FARI78) is pretty funny, as most of the users doubt it's him until the doc posts a picture of them together. 4350 FUE procedure with 10/10 results. Couto is the best I've seen, does with FUE what Koni does with strip.

Occasionally de Freitas will have a case where you're like 'Wow what went wrong there." For the most part elite level results though, and seems to have become more consistent over the last few years. Similar to Lorenzo, beyond most of the North American guys. I would probably put de Freitas slightly above even Feriduni, Bisanga and Erdogan. They both do beautiful hairline work as well, some of the best I've seen.

Perhaps the slight difference has to do with tech variability, not sure. To a greater degree we are ranking their support staff in Europe -- I wished they published more information about specific techs, owing to their greater involvement in extraction and placement. Would be nice to have excellence at that level acknowledged as well. That's why it's so helpful when patients include information about the entire staff when they submit their own cases.

Both C & F tend to use higher graft numbers and the donor wounds seem larger then those of Lorenzo or Koni, though I'm not sure of the exact caliber. de Freitas quoted me 2.8 k as compared to 2 K most other places I've asked. Not sure if they count the grafts on extraction or implantation.

I thought de freitas did all the work? Are you saying he uses techs for extraction?

My failed surgery and bad experience with Koray Erdogan Asmed Clinic https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50882-3600-grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-13th-march-2018/

Both surgeons have some amazing looking work. Especially impressed by Couto's results and I believe he does the hole procedure himself. On his youtube videos, most of the patients do tend to have dark, thickish hair, maybe suggesting a lot of the patients are Spanish so would be interesting to see some results with patients of other backgrounds. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Both surgeons have some amazing looking work. Especially impressed by Couto's results and I believe he does the hole procedure himself. On his youtube videos, most of the patients do tend to have dark, thickish hair, maybe suggesting a lot of the patients are Spanish so would be interesting to see some results with patients of other backgrounds. 

No doubt Couto has great artistic ability and skill. However, I've heard he is picky with who he accepts as patients. It seems like he usually picks patients with goog donor characteristics and I believe I have only seen him operate on patients up to norwood 5. 

4 hours ago, Payam said:

I thought de freitas did all the work? Are you saying he uses techs for extraction?

Freitas uses techs for extraction, Couto does himself. 

4 hours ago, Payam said:

Does couto do repair cases?

booked until 2023.

cant even get a consultation until 2020.

Dr Saifi does repair cases. Got 2 surgeries with him. Very good surgeon.

5 hours ago, Payam said:

Does couto do repair cases?

website says they do repair cases at an additional cost due to complexity, donor/recipient site scarring, and overall additional time required to perform surgery in repair cases -  

On 2/11/2019 at 4:31 AM, fueme said:

His work on youtube is absolutely amazing and I know on all the forums he is said to be one of the best but I'm struggling to find actual reviews by patients. Would it be possible for you to share the link to some of these reviews?

Thanks

Here you can see a review of an actual Couto patient.

Procedure done last year. 

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=73683