9 Month and Still Hair Sheds from My Hair Transplanted Area ?

Hi Guys,

I am in my Third Round of Hair Transplant and in the 9 Month after my Hair Transplant. Though I know that Hair Grafts are way...way..secured now after 9 Months, but this bloody thing keeps happening to me again...and again and again.. and just keeps happening. In my earlier two Hair Transplants I never applied Minoxidil on my Hair Transplanted area, and my Hair still grew. So I would not know if applying Minoxidil results in Hair shed even your Transplanted Hair because like I said I do not have any past experience, So now even after 9 Month while applying Minoxidil in the Transplanted area (Yes only in the Transplanted Area) I saw one very fine hair strand come out on my finger tips (And before anyone tells me that it could be from some other area, I will rest all that possibilities because I do not apply Minoxidil on the entire hair area) I just applied it in the Transplanted region. So what can I do besides sulking on the One Fine Hair strand that I saw which had popped out on my finger tip after applying Minoxidil in the Transplanted  area region ?

I hope that Bloody hair will grow back ! Will it ?

isn't Minoxidil like a Fodder like a Fertilizer for the Crop in this case Hair ? The more the better ? How can it ever harm hair ? I mean I am saying, Even the Manufacturers of Minoxidil say apply twice for maximum results that's what I have been doing ? So can even Over application result in excessive shedding ?

Just to be clear, are you talking about one single hair that you noticed? Unless you're seeing handfuls of hair falling out all throughout the day for weeks and months on end, I don't think there's a reason to panic. Hair transplant or not, and MPB or not, hairs will always shed. They all have a phase that they go through, and there will be times when you're shedding more than others. Once I learned this (Spex has talked about this a lot in previous posts), it really helped ease my mind. Now, when I go through a seasonal shed and see more hairs than normal coming out, I remind myself that it's simply a part of the process and the way our bodies/hairs work. I genuinely don't think you have anything to worry about. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

12 hours ago, pkipling said:

Just to be clear, are you talking about one single hair that you noticed? Unless you're seeing handfuls of hair falling out all throughout the day for weeks and months on end,

Yep ! I am talking about an occasional single Hair that comes out of the Transplanted area when I apply Minoxidil in the transplanted area, I do not apply Minoxidil in the entire hair. I only see about 5-6 Hair Strands per every shower whenever I wash my hair.

Edited by jooeey