Ray Konior, MD – 1145 FUE – August 2018 (Chicago Hair Institute)

1978matt

• 2 weeks later...

Nice.

I'm thinking I may get another procedure done in the next 3-4 years. I have no complaints about Konior other than his list is long :)

For people that don't know, I had a 3800 FUT procedure 3-4 years ago. Maybe it was 5? You lose track of time when you're not worrying about your hair lol

Edited by CaliHairGuy
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, CaliHairGuy said:I'm thinking I may get another procedure done in the next 3-4 years. I have no complaints about Konior other than his list is long :)

On 2/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, CaliHairGuy said:

I'm thinking I may get another procedure done in the next 3-4 years. I have no complaints about Konior other than his list is long :)

I was thinking about it for awhile too, so I booked in Dec 2017 for a procedure with Konior in Dec 2018. Gave me time to think about it more. ;) 

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 2 weeks later...

6 Months

I'll probably not bother posting further updates until 12 months otherwise they will all be a bit samey.

100% satisfied with the outcome.

front.thumb.JPG.976c7298b8962d23598f3b97ebdc32e4.JPGangle.thumb.JPG.3fea987d98d62759f3aa2229513fe63d.JPGdamp.thumb.JPG.e2c0e91c0cccd42cc47bda223bd023c4.JPG

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Wow it looks great, amazing for a relatively small amount of grafts. Dr. Konior is one of the best. Thanks for keeping us updated 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

not to derail this thread, but ndubya how did your HT go? have been wondering for a while :)

It's in Oct. :)

Hey 1978matt, you should be at 12 months?

Are you gonna give us an update?

• Like 1

I just started a new job and the money is pretty good. Been playing around with the idea of going back to Konior to fill in a little in the front (what he originally wanted to do when I told him I wanted the crown handled too) and some in the mid scalp region. Do I want an FUE or another big FUT (totally different procedures).

If I did an FUT, he'd have a lot of hair to play around with because my donor area is pretty good.

I went off propecia, but think I'm gonna go back on because my hair is thinning a bit so yeah, it definitely makes a difference.

Hi Guys,

It's all good as seen in the photos below taken today.  One of the benefits of the summer is it is much easier to get well lit photos.

I am still on 1/4 proscar twice a week and if anything I seem not to notice any side effects any more.  I'm thinking to get 500 grafts in the crown and that will be me done...hopefully for ever, or at least not for another 15-20 years!

_20190823_092804.JPG

_20190823_092843.JPG

_20190823_092955.JPG

_20190823_093628.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliHairGuy said:

I just started a new job and the money is pretty good. Been playing around with the idea of going back to Konior to fill in a little in the front (what he originally wanted to do when I told him I wanted the crown handled too) and some in the mid scalp region. Do I want an FUE or another big FUT (totally different procedures).

If I did an FUT, he'd have a lot of hair to play around with because my donor area is pretty good.

I went off propecia, but think I'm gonna go back on because my hair is thinning a bit so yeah, it definitely makes a difference.

Yeah, it's a difficult one to decide whether to stick with FUT or FUE.  I would have continued with FUT if I felt my loss was a moving target but over the 5 years from the first transplant there was little to no loss.  My close male relatives with hair texture similar to mine seem not to have progressed beyond NW5 either and are aged 65-72.  My dad is more or less NW6 now at 67, but his hair strands are very fine, complete opposite. He also seemed to lose most of his from 40-55.

Sounds like you may be better going with one last FUT provided there is a bit of play in the scalp.

1 hour ago, transplantedphil said:

thanks for updating!

so natural and amazing coverage. looks so dense too... you'd never guess you had any work done.

does your hair naturally stick up like that?

I have to blow dry it like that.  My hair is ridiculously straight and rigid and it is very difficult to style.  Kind of like some Asian/Chinese hair I guess.  Apart from a year or two the late 90s I always wore it up for as long as I can remember.

Currently using a very small amount of Osmo Matte Clay followed by a dusting of firm or max hold hairspray.

Edited by 1978matt

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Looks terrific, and you like to style your hair kind of like I do, so I can really appreciate the impact this has had for you. Any idea how many grafts you might have left in your donor?

The doc said 2 to 3000 FUE before the donor would look compromised.

Not sure about FUT.  Maybe another 2000 with 2000 FUE left after

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Hi Guys,

It's all good as seen in the photos below taken today.  One of the benefits of the summer is it is much easier to get well lit photos.

I am still on 1/4 proscar twice a week and if anything I seem not to notice any side effects any more.  I'm thinking to get 500 grafts in the crown and that will be me done...hopefully for ever, or at least not for another 15-20 years!

_20190823_092804.JPG

_20190823_092843.JPG

_20190823_092955.JPG

_20190823_093628.JPG

Wow fantastic transformation. Hard to believe it’s already been a year. Have you tried concealer for the crown? May be worth a try.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow fantastic transformation. Hard to believe it’s already been a year. Have you tried concealer for the crown? May be worth a try.

Yeah, I've dabbled with them in the past but I'd rather not become hooked on them tbh!

One quick question if you don't mind 1978Matt?

Can you notice a difference in the hairline where he put the 32 grafts?

It looks pretty dense in the widows peak, which is where I am wanting some grafts added also.

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:52 AM, ndubya said:

One quick question if you don't mind 1978Matt?

Can you notice a difference in the hairline where he put the 32 grafts?

It looks pretty dense in the widows peak, which is where I am wanting some grafts added also.

Thanks

A bit of a change yes, though it is a subtle one, being only 32 grafts.  They definitely did grow as I saw them come out all wiry at the start.

The doc put them in at his own choice (I never asked, he never charged).

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:52 AM, jj51702 said:

@1978matt your transformation is amazing. Can you briefly explain how the hair (if at all) has changed specific aspects of your life? What products do you use to style your hair?

It is great to have hair that frames the face as I was not one of those guys who looked that great with no hair.  You feel younger and more confident for sure, but after a time this just becomes normality.  Hair greed kicks in and you start to think:  "Well I'm 40 now so why not put some more hair here...or there."

People seem to respect you more when you have hair.  That is something I have noticed quite a bit.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, transplantedphil said:

Your previous FUT thread was the thread that made me go to DrK myself; a great detailed write up with simply phenomenal results.

In my few limited conversations with DrK he always preached the importance of placement over some overriding arbitrary graft count. The fact you have had around 5500 grafts (including temple point work!) and your hair looks that dense, aesthetic and can stick up without any see through appearance just shows how much of a grand slam this result is. And DrK rebuilt it all from scratch ... pure artistry.

Somewhat curious ... do you even think about your hair anymore?

His considered approach is definitely the way to go.  I see so many other doctors (/ "Technicians") just placing them willy-nilly all over the place with little thought process.  It's comforting to know I have just enough density as necessary without exhausting the donor.  That way I'm in a much better position if I need to go back and address further loss.

I only think about the crown now but have been fortunate to secure a slot to address it in early 2020.  His FUE was such a walk in the park it is hard not to resist!

6 hours ago, 1978matt said:

A bit of a change yes, though it is a subtle one, being only 32 grafts.  They definitely did grow as I saw them come out all wiry at the start.

The doc put them in at his own choice 

I only think about the crown now but have been fortunate to secure a slot to address it in early 2020.  His FUE was such a walk in the park it is hard not to resist!

I love it, you are "almost" cured. 

Your hair looks Great.

I'm gonna just give him free reign also, let him work his magic.

Thanks for answering me.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, ndubya said:

Hey Matt,

Have you tried the shorter haircut yet?

Well, yeah sort of as it is shorter now than it was years ago.  Still about 1.5inches on top.  Not sure I would go any lower but maybe one day.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:59 AM, petefromgreece said:

@1978matt how many milligrams of proscar are you taking each time? Are you slicing up the 5mg pill or the 1mg pill to quarter servings? 

5mg into approx. 1.25mg quarters

54 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Well, yeah sort of as it is shorter now than it was years ago.  Still about 1.5inches on top.  Not sure I would go any lower but maybe one day.

5mg into approx. 1.25mg quarters

do you take brand name or generic proscar? I've seen this debated recently in terms of what works better