2500 Grafts With Dr Nader

MrMatt

Just got back from Reynosa Mexico round 2 with Dr Nader. I went to max out  what he estimated to be 2500 grafts last procedure but after thorough examination this time he found we could do the 2500 and I'd still have 500 to 1000 in the bank for a rainy day.
Everything went great as usual, stayed in a junior suite 2 nights, transportation to & from the airport & his office, breakfast & lunch  all medications included in the price.I don't think this deal can be beat.
Here's the work, I'll update every 3 months for anyone that's interested.Here's a link to my first procedure https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/43859-3854-fue-grafts-with-dr-luis-nader/

Nader 2500 grafts 008.jpg

Nader 2500 grafts 005.jpg

Nader 2500 grafts 004.jpg

Nader 2500 grafts 007.jpg

Congrats, MrMatt!  The work looks good.  You were one of the reasons I got my first HT with Dr. Nader.  Like you, I got a second one this past May — I really should post my reviews.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, pidds said:

Congrats, MrMatt!  The work looks good.  You were one of the reasons I got my first HT with Dr. Nader.  Like you, I got a second one this past May — I really should post my reviews.

Thanks. 

Thanks... I've been trying to go for my 2nd since Jan 2017, but unforeseen things kept stalling my plans. Glad I finally got it done.

I was thrilled with my last HT results & really didn't need to go back (in my opinion}... but hair greed took over lol.

Really like to see some photos of your progress!

Edited by MrMatt

Congrats! Bold choice on going for the widow's peak. :)  Out of curiosity, was this something you had naturally before you lost your hair, and you just wanted to restore it? Or was this simply a stylistic choice and something you always wanted? 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, pkipling said:

Congrats! Bold choice on going for the widow's peak. :)  Out of curiosity, was this something you had naturally before you lost your hair, and you just wanted to restore it? Or was this simply a stylistic choice and something you always wanted? 

Thanks!  No I never had a widows peak but always thought they looked cool. About a week before my procedure I was watching this old black & white late show, the leading man had quite an unusual one that gave me the idea.

Bold? Maybe...But nothing a pair of tweezers can't fix if I decide I don't like it lol

4 hours ago, JohnTinsley said:

I am considering going to Dr. Nader. My main reservation is security in Reynosa, especially given that some of his patients pay in cash. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks.

Reynosa has quieted down quite a bit over the last few months, but  I believe if you had any trouble it would be more of bad luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time which is most likely slim to none.Also I don't think it's common knowledge on the street that some Nader patents are carrying large amounts of cash or any would-be holdup men are reading this forum to find out. lol

I brought cash both trips, I was a little uneasy but that 10% discount made it worth the risk to me. I taped the cash around my ankle & carried a dummy wallet with a few bucks in it just  in case I had to hand it over. Everything went smoothly & at no time did I ever feel I was in the least amount of danger either trip.

Good Luck with what ever you choose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnTinsley said:

I am considering going to Dr. Nader. My main reservation is security in Reynosa, especially given that some of his patients pay in cash. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks.

Honestly, this was one of my main fears! But it turned out to be nothing to worry about during either of my procedures, the second of which took place in late May 2018.

The most important factor is Dr. Nader’s driver, Mr. Santos. I always felt very safe with Mr. Santos when he drove me directly to Dr. Nader’s Office and then brought me back to my hotel in the Texas.  Also, I was happy to see that Dr. Nader’s Office was always locked and I had to be buzzed in.

I felt safe to the point that I went back for a second procedure.

• Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 2nd hair transplant with Dr. Nader, MrMatt! I followed your progress with your last thread very closely and I’m really looking forward to your future progress reports. I’m a huge fan of Naders’ work! I almost went with him but decided I wanted to max out on strip before I hit him up for my FUE - man, if only he’d start doing strip again...

I do have a question for you if you don’t mind. Do you take any meds or is it all transplants up there? 

Congrats again and happy growing!!

1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

I do have a question for you if you don’t mind. Do you take any meds or is it all transplants up there? 

Thanks! I'm 59 & started thinning in my early 30's. I was about a Norwood 3V plus & never took any Meds when I went to Dr Nader in 11- 2015, I received 3700+ grafts & he recommended 10000 mg of biotin per day which really seemed to help.

Lately I thought I maybe (not for sure) I was l was losing some native hair. On my last visit I told him I'd like to try Fin. He prescribed 1.25 mg per day it's been 10 days so far with no side effects & hoping it will stay that way so I can protect my investment. Lol

Edited by MrMatt

15 minutes ago, Chevy1 said:

Hello, I have a date set with Nader later this month .  I was wondering you’re one of only 2 people that didn’t get the top (  recipient area) shaved? Is that a option? Does it cost more to not shave the top?

All the patient photos I seen before my first procedure were fully shaved which wasn't something I really wanted to do, I asked Dr Nader in our first emails if  it was absolutely necessary to fully shave the scalp for best results. He replied that it easier for him plant the grafts but wouldn't make any difference the out come of the procedure & could leave up to 1/2 in. on top.

So just ask, I did both my procedures that way & got me back to normal a lot faster & it didn't cost extra.

7 hours ago, MrMatt said:

All the patient photos I seen before my first procedure were fully shaved which wasn't something I really wanted to do, I asked Dr Nader in our first emails if  it was absolutely necessary to fully shave the scalp for best results. He replied that it easier for him plant the grafts but wouldn't make any difference the out come of the procedure & could leave up to 1/2 in. on top.

So just ask, I did both my procedures that way & got me back to normal a lot faster & it didn't cost extra.

I’m impressed with how quickly you seem to be recovering, MrMatt.  This past May Dr. Nader asked if I wanted to leave some on top or shave it and I told him to just shave it.  If I go for a third (all depends how well my crown fills in) I will probably tell him NOT to shave the top given your recovery time, MrMatt. 

18 hours ago, JohnTinsley said:

Don’t be concerned about safety. His office is very close to the border. Just request to be brought back via the international bridge as well. 

On 8/28/2018 at 1:56 AM, MrMatt said:
Thanks!  No I never had a widows peak but always thought they looked cool. About a week before my procedure I was watching this old black & white late show, the leading man had quite an unusual one that gave me the idea.

Bold? Maybe...But nothing a pair of tweezers can't fix if I decide I don't like it lol

Haha! I totally hear you. I'm a huge Justin Theroux fan and am obsessed with his hairline... Very mature and dramatic, but ultimately, not me. ;) I'm glad you went this route for yourself! Can't wait to see how it turns out. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56