Dr Koray Erdogan vs Dr Acar

Sydney1

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time out to read this. I am a 38 year old male, Norwood 4 to 5. I have been researching the net, especially this Forum around having an FUE procedure for the past 2 years now. Up untl recently I thought I had made up my mind and was looking to book in a surgery with Dr Koray Erdogan. 

I have very recently become concerned with the quality of his work as of late, 2017, 2018 compared to the work he was doing and the quality of work up until the mid to late 2016. I am led to believe he is not involved in the surgeries at all, rather just a 15 minute consultation before the start of surgery to draw the hair line. 

What the above is leading me to believe is that we are essentially at the mercy of the techs that perform the surgery and its their quality that we should be worried about rather than the surgeon who does not partake in any aspects of the surgery. 

This seems to be the case in most practices around the world but more evidently in Turkey where some good FUE work is being performed. With this in mind I started comparing his results as of late to Dr ACAR from Cosmedica, his work as of late, specifically looking at the past 2 years or so seems to be on the same level as Dr erdogan, his involvement the same with his techs doing ll the work, and yet around 5000 euros cheaper in price. 

I guess what I am getting my head around is what is my reasoning around spending an extra 5000 euros to see Erdogan instead of Acar when neither doctor really has anything to do with the surgery and yet the results at an initial instance, roughly the 12 month mark are very much similar.

I must say I was troubled by a post I saw by fellow user Payam, now he may be anxious and not have the patience needed when it comes to results and time etc, but he did have some concerns around clear gaps in his hairline straight after surgery, but yet it seemed that the dr whose name was the whole reason he travelled to turkey and spent thousand of pounds nad put his faith into, was not approachable . 

Any comments, feedback, discussion would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

21 minutes ago, Sydney1 said:

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time out to read this. I am a 38 year old male, Norwood 4 to 5. I have been researching the net, especially this Forum around having an FUE procedure for the past 2 years now. Up untl recently I thought I had made up my mind and was looking to book in a surgery with Dr Koray Erdogan. 

I have very recently become concerned with the quality of his work as of late, 2017, 2018 compared to the work he was doing and the quality of work up until the mid to late 2016. I am led to believe he is not involved in the surgeries at all, rather just a 15 minute consultation before the start of surgery to draw the hair line. 

What the above is leading me to believe is that we are essentially at the mercy of the techs that perform the surgery and its their quality that we should be worried about rather than the surgeon who does not partake in any aspects of the surgery. 

This seems to be the case in most practices around the world but more evidently in Turkey where some good FUE work is being performed. With this in mind I started comparing his results as of late to Dr ACAR from Cosmedica, his work as of late, specifically looking at the past 2 years or so seems to be on the same level as Dr erdogan, his involvement the same with his techs doing ll the work, and yet around 5000 euros cheaper in price. 

I guess what I am getting my head around is what is my reasoning around spending an extra 5000 euros to see Erdogan instead of Acar when neither doctor really has anything to do with the surgery and yet the results at an initial instance, roughly the 12 month mark are very much similar.

I must say I was troubled by a post I saw by fellow user Payam, now he may be anxious and not have the patience needed when it comes to results and time etc, but he did have some concerns around clear gaps in his hairline straight after surgery, but yet it seemed that the dr whose name was the whole reason he travelled to turkey and spent thousand of pounds nad put his faith into, was not approachable . 

Any comments, feedback, discussion would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi. Dr Erdogan is involved  with the surgery  he does the incisions as well as drawing the hair-line meds etc. There seems to be a new development recently in Turkey where you can pay a higher price  for more Doc involvement  and a lower price if the techs do the whole op  extractions,insisions and  placement .

It is only recently that there has been any complaints about Asmed ,before you never heard of disappointed patients, every single result was fantastic ,whether there is a correlation between these recent cases and new techs been hired I've no idea  .

5 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

Hi. Dr Erdogan is involved  with the surgery  he does the incisions as well as drawing the hair-line meds etc. There seems to be a new development recently in Turkey where you can pay a higher price  for more Doc involvement  and a lower price if the techs do the whole op  extractions,insisions and  placement .

It is only recently that there has been any complaints about Asmed ,before you never heard of disappointed patients, every single result was fantastic ,whether there is a correlation between these recent cases and new techs been hired I've no idea  .

Thanks Mick, I guess I was thinking the same, I hope they are getting the right feedback from various sources to make relevant changes etc, are you 100% he is involved in the surgery, especially as of the past year, I have been reading otherwise.

Cheers

I have surgery with asmed in October. I have been in contact with them for the past 12 months and I can assure you that he does the insisions. The contract they sent me clearly states Dr erdogan does the insisions ... 100% all of them and I always challenge them and ask questions all the time so don't listen to what you hear on the forums. If you have that much doubt ask them yourself ! 

Edited by FarsanUk

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, Mick50 said:

I haven't been to Asmed, but yes I'm sure he does the incisions form what other posters have said 

Thanks Mick, from a general poitn of view, it would be fair to say that other than the incisions then which we would assume will be done by the respectable surgeons , it really comes down to the quality of the tech teams rather than the name of the surgeon. And given the only negative feedback from Dr Koray's practice popping up in the past 6 month to a year, I am assuming there is something going on with the quality of his tech team os of late and due to this Looking to pass on going with them and look elsewhere , basing my judgement on very recent results of other practices, mainly Cosmedica.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, FarsanUk said:

I have surgery with asmed in October. I have been in contact with them for the past 12 months and I can assure you that he does the insisions. The contract they sent me clearly states Dr erdogan does the insisions ... 100% all of them and I always challenge them and ask questions all the time so don't listen to what you hear on the forums. If you have that much doubt ask them yourself ! 

Thanks Farsan, I appreciate your response. do you have before and after photos that you could share? My main concern with them has been the quality of work in the past year and the negative feedback that has been popping up, I am putting this down to his tech team and this has been enoguh for me to have second thoughts. Any further comments will be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Sydney1 said:

Thanks Farsan, I appreciate your response. do you have before and after photos that you could share? My main concern with them has been the quality of work in the past year and the negative feedback that has been popping up, I am putting this down to his tech team and this has been enoguh for me to have second thoughts. Any further comments will be appreciated.

My surgery is in October, 5 weeks away so I do not have before and after photos. I understand the negative aspects but to be honest 1 or 2 of the guys complaining are saying it unreasonably. I mean one guy is just 6 months post op and is having a mental breakdown over sprouting even though when I told him 6 months is far too early to make judgement (and that is a fact any surgeon or expert will tell you.) He said that's the first he has heard of that fact. People panic too early and bash the clinic without giving it a full year to assess and conclude. His growth percentage rates have always been good and now that he has microscopes from this year for hairline singles I suspect any doubt over hairline quality would be elmintated but we all won't see those results in till sufficient time has passed. 

19 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

My surgery is in October, 5 weeks away so I do not have before and after photos. I understand the negative aspects but to be honest 1 or 2 of the guys complaining are saying it unreasonably. I mean one guy is just 6 months post op and is having a mental breakdown over sprouting even though when I told him 6 months is far too early to make judgement (and that is a fact any surgeon or expert will tell you.) He said that's the first he has heard of that fact. People panic too early and bash the clinic without giving it a full year to assess and conclude. His growth percentage rates have always been good and now that he has microscopes from this year for hairline singles I suspect any doubt over hairline quality would be elmintated but we all won't see those results in till sufficient time has passed. 

I appreciate where you're coming from. given with a clinic like his, it's his technical team that does the bulk of the work, so just make sure you have an idea of the team that would be working on you before your procedure, wether there is any new team members, if so how long they have been in the industry etc. This would also give you peace of mind. I was about to book it in with erdogen, then started looking into cosmedica  dr Acar who's reputation is no where as extensive as Dr erdogen, yet results produced are quite good, same level as Erdogen, but around 8,000 pounds cheaper... I guess this is a decision that I need to make.

• 3 weeks later...

I assume it's me Farsan is speaking about above, I would look at the hard facts if I were you and the risks involved with doing a transplant at a clinic with heavy tech involvement and multiple teams of techs. You will get a lot of people on this forum completely ignoring the shady aspects of Asmed because they themselves got a moderately good result, or because they have scheduled surgeries and will knee-jerk attack anyone that critiques the clinic. 

On 8/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, FarsanUk said:

I understand you are worried about your transplant but please don't give out false information. I know fully well you can sprout at 6 months, I didn't know you could sprout all the way to 10 months that's all. Fact is this: I have sub par growth at 6 months, Asmed does not know why and I am not surprised as they have several surgeries in parallel with heavy tech involvement and almost no supervision by Erdogan, so how could they know.

Edited by Payam

My hairline has been botched by erdogan. I have lots of double hair grafts in hairline and hair graft angles are all placed wrong. Hairline shape is unnatural and very poor standard also the density was very poor standard 3000 grafts (70cm2) more like 30cm2.  Lucky for me i have a very good donar and hair behind transplant (for the time being).

Dont expect any after care 18 months onwards from Asmed, they ignore all calls and emails or respond 1-2 weeks later occasionally. Very poor after care. They botch your hairline, make you wait 18 months then ignore you if you still unhappy with final result.

I could tell i had a botched job 4 months post op.

email from dr in uk to repair my hairline -

1. Punch out a number of double hair grafts in the hairline and use further back into the scalp.
2. Add irregularity to hairline shape by placing single hairs through this area in front of hairline
3. Add greater density through the existing transplanted area and further back in the scalp.

The hairline will never be 100% perfect as the angles of the existing hairs cannot be influenced as there are too many to be able to do this. Dr is confident of a significant improvement.

Fine single hair grafts are selected for the hairline transition area and the grafts area graduated in density for a soft natural look in the immediate hairline, with the density built up behind this area
Edited by HT0416

6 hours ago, HT0416 said:

My hairline has been botched by erdogan. I have lots of double hair grafts in hairline and hair graft angles are all placed wrong. Hairline shape is unnatural and very poor standard also the density was very poor standard 3000 grafts (70cm2) more like 30cm2.  Lucky for me i have a very good donar and hair behind transplant (for the time being).

Dont expect any after care 18 months onwards from Asmed, they ignore all calls and emails or respond 1-2 weeks later occasionally. Very poor after care. They botch your hairline, make you wait 18 months then ignore you if you still unhappy with final result.

I could tell i had a botched job 4 months post op.

email from dr in uk to repair my hairline -

1. Punch out a number of double hair grafts in the hairline and use further back into the scalp.
2. Add irregularity to hairline shape by placing single hairs through this area in front of hairline
3. Add greater density through the existing transplanted area and further back in the scalp.

The hairline will never be 100% perfect as the angles of the existing hairs cannot be influenced as there are too many to be able to do this. Dr is confident of a significant improvement.

Fine single hair grafts are selected for the hairline transition area and the grafts area graduated in density for a soft natural look in the immediate hairline, with the density built up behind this area

Wow, Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you have any photos for us to view? That would be very much appreciated.

11 hours ago, Sydney1 said:

Wow, Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you have any photos for us to view? That would be very much appreciated.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/profile/31703-ht0416/content/

He refuses to post pre-op photos and virtually no one on the thread thought this was a failed result, because it isn't.

He said this 6 months ago:

"Sorry about the lack of activity from my side. Since i wrote my last post 6 months ago (16 months post op) i thought that was my final result. Since then i can honestly say texture of hair has got a lot better. I have stopped using Alpecin shampoo as i think that was one of the main reasons i was disliking my new hair due to it making hair look different colour. Before my transplant i never used!!! I stopped taking fin at 1 year then resumed it for 1 month at 15 months. Both occasions I had many side of effects. Stopped taking since i do see odd hair in sink and shower in morning.

Overall I would say i am alot happier with my hair transplant from dr erdogan!!!!

Rating 7/10 (with a little touch up to hairline would improve rating to a solid 10)

Touch up would let me expose hairline."

He also said this about it being too dense

"at the moment as soon as i expose hairline where it is so dense at 70cm2 it looks as if im wearing something on my head. "

And now says this " also the density was very poor standard 3000 grafts (70cm2) more like 30cm2"

Edited by JeanLDD

Not sure why you getting all defensive? im just sharing my oppinion with the forum how my result turnt out. I truly believe its a bad result. I tried to stay positive and live with it but just cant anymore. My hair stands on my head, it doesnt flow with rest of hair. I have lots of multi hair grafts in my hairline going in the wrong direction and no softness to it. My hair looks un healthy. it just looks terrible. I did not pay to have a botched result.

Just now, HT0416 said:

Not sure why you getting all defensive? im just sharing my oppinion with the forum how my result turnt out. I truly believe its a bad result. I tried to stay positive and live with it but just cant anymore. My hair stands on my head, it doesnt flow with rest of hair. I have lots of multi hair grafts in my hairline going in the wrong direction and no softness to it. My hair looks un healthy. it just looks terrible. I did not pay to have a botched result.

I totally understand that, but it would help a lot if you posted pre-op photos and HD shots of the hairline so people can see exactly what you mean.  Especially when a thread full of people couldn't see a serious issue either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HT0416 said:

I mean if the result is really that bad, I really can't understand why you wouldn't just post clear photos and preops to show what you mean. 

I went and saw a dr here in the uk to analyze my result. here is what he said -

If my result was that good why would i need to have a repair? i was supposed to have got 3000 grafts 70cm2.

Whats the point posting pics if they are not hd. You cant tell all these drs know that.

2 minutes ago, HT0416 said:

i have a gap between my scalp and where my hair lays flat. it cant lay properly

I just don't think its honest to bash a surgeon saying your result was "botched" and not even post proper photos or preops of the result. Especially with comments like this, what do you even mean? The only pics of your hair laying flat in your thread looked fine, and again virtually everyone in the thread agreed. 

I hope you're happy with your second runthrough but suspect you won't be. Transplants can't bring back your natural, original set of hair with prehairloss density.

Also another thing, you say the hair was supposed to be packed at 70 FU per cm2, that's just false and I guarantee the clinic never said that so why keep bringing it up. I think you're mixing up the density with the area.

Just now, HT0416 said:

Not sure why you even questioning me on this. Its not like you even qualified lol.

Don't act like this has anything to do with surgical details, you're complaining about a botched result and haven't even posted photos which is dishonest plain and simple. End of story.

1 minute ago, HT0416 said:

One side of my frontal area is riddled with multi hair grafts where they put because they ran out of singles towards the end of the surgery.

That certainly sounds very bad but if its true I don't get why you wouldn't post photos of it. Nothing more I can say about it.