Is Erdogan still considered one of the best?

Der3k7

I have a surgery scheduled with him in early November for 5000 grafts. I went with him because he is always mentioned as being one of the absolute best for manual fue. But I have seen a couple of threads where the ASMED patient had not so good results and wasnt satisfied. What is the current general consensus of ASMED?

Edited by Der3k7

In my opinion, absolutely. There’s no reason To think otherwise. There has been some discussion and concern recently about technicians harvesting the follicular units from the donor area however, this is a common practice overseas and as long as the doctor is training and supervising staff,  then the results should be excellent.    I’ve been very impressed by his results over the years and I still am.   Hair transplant surgery has always been a team effort. As FUE seems to continue evolving, how it’s being done changes a bit. But the  surgeon is ultimately responsible for the results, even if he doesn’t harvest the grafts from the donor site. 

I look forward to reading all about your experience on our forum and certainly hope that you share it with us, along with your photos. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

1 minute ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

In my opinion, absolutely. There’s no reason To think otherwise. There has been some discussion and concern recently about technicians harvesting the follicular units from the donor area however, this is a common practice overseas and as long as the doctor is training and supervising staff,  then the results should be excellent.    I’ve been very impressed by his results over the years and I still am.   Hair transplant surgery has always been a team effort. As FUE seems to continue evolving, how it’s being done changes a bit. But the  surgeon is ultimately responsible for the results, even if he doesn’t harvest the grafts from the donor site. 

I look forward to reading all about your experience on our forum and certainly hope that you share it with us, along with your photos. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

I have a thread titled "Any US surgeon as good as Erdogan?" I have some pics of my hair status there and also the pi s of me from my consultation I had with him in person. 

From my own personal unbiased opinion .. if u a high Norwood , looking for a large session . His clinic gives u great density,  great bang for ur buck . If u want hair , they can grow it using higher number of grafts , with a high percentage of growth .  . ..not many clinics can do that ..

hairline work , n smaller sessions ,  n a more personal experience with the surgeon himself , it’s not the clinics specialty , .. every clinic has their strengths  n weaknesses.. it’s up to u to know what u want . N go to the clinic that’s right for u .. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend007 said:

From my own personal unbiased opinion .. if u a high Norwood , looking for a large session . His clinic gives u great density,  great bang for ur buck . If u want hair , they can grow it using higher number of grafts , with a high percentage of growth .  . ..not many clinics can do that ..

hairline work , n smaller sessions ,  n a more personal experience with the surgeon himself , it’s not the clinics specialty , .. every clinic has their strengths  n weaknesses.. it’s up to u to know what u want . N go to the clinic that’s right for u .. 

Hes doing 5000 grafts on me, re doing and strengthening my hairline and changing its shape as well as filling in my crown and vertex

Hi guys sorry if i m in the wrong Train :)

I just Joint this Forum because i need your guidence. I have lost my front part with minor hair on the top and crown. But according to some Feedback i have good donor area i may get the HT done. Now which Dr. or Clinic in Turkey ??

I got the offer from COSMEDICA (Dr. Acar) two days mega session for upto 5500 Grafts. There are two options one VIP package and Gold pacakge. What are ur thoughts ??

Advisor for Dr. Doganay suggests me 5000 grafts. (But he is expensive)

I m confused :(

43 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Hes doing 5000 grafts on me, re doing and strengthening my hairline and changing its shape as well as filling in my crown and vertex

How many session will he take to do 5000 Grafts. If i may ask how much will u pay ? me also Need 5000 to 5500 Grafts :(

Hi everyone

just copying a recent thread I started that was based on this topic, I thought It might also be a good thread for my concerns, please see a cope of what i posted below:

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time out to read this. I am a 38 year old male, Norwood 4 to 5. I have been researching the net, especially this Forum around having an FUE procedure for the past 2 years now. Up untl recently I thought I had made up my mind and was looking to book in a surgery with Dr Koray Erdogan. 

I have very recently become concerned with the quality of his work as of late, 2017, 2018 compared to the work he was doing and the quality of work up until the mid to late 2016. I am led to believe he is not involved in the surgeries at all, rather just a 15 minute consultation before the start of surgery to draw the hair line. 

What the above is leading me to believe is that we are essentially at the mercy of the techs that perform the surgery and its their quality that we should be worried about rather than the surgeon who does not partake in any aspects of the surgery. 

This seems to be the case in most practices around the world but more evidently in Turkey where some good FUE work is being performed. With this in mind I started comparing his results as of late to Dr ACAR from Cosmedica, his work as of late, specifically looking at the past 2 years or so seems to be on the same level as Dr erdogan, his involvement the same with his techs doing ll the work, and yet around 5000 euros cheaper in price. 

I guess what I am getting my head around is what is my reasoning around spending an extra 5000 euros to see Erdogan instead of Acar when neither doctor really has anything to do with the surgery and yet the results at an initial instance, roughly the 12 month mark are very much similar.

I must say I was troubled by a post I saw by fellow user Payam, now he may be anxious and not have the patience needed when it comes to results and time etc, but he did have some concerns around clear gaps in his hairline straight after surgery, but yet it seemed that the dr whose name was the whole reason he travelled to turkey and spent thousand of pounds nad put his faith into, was not approachable . 

Any comments, feedback, discussion would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

23 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Best wishes, 

Bill

So you dont think the recent posts with questionable results are something to worry about considering the numerous great results hes had over the years?

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Der3k7 said:

I have a surgery scheduled with him in early November for 5000 grafts. I went with him because he is always mentioned as being one of the absolute best for manual fue. But I have seen a couple of threads where the ASMED patient had not so good results and wasnt satisfied. What is the current general consensus of ASMED?

Hey Bud, I am in the same boat as you, I was basically all but going to book it with them, but given recent results, negative feedback etc, I am having second thoughts, I have put it down to changes made to his tech team, etc.... now considering other, cheaper alternatives in Turkey that look like will give me the same results.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Der3k7 said:

So you dont think the recent posts with questionable results are something to worry about considering the numerous great results hes had over the years?

Yes I would like an answer to this question as well if possible as i am in the exact same predicament. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Sydney1 said:

Hey Bud, I am in the same boat as you, I was basically all but going to book it with them, but given recent results, negative feedback etc, I am having second thoughts, I have put it down to changes made to his tech team, etc.... now considering other, cheaper alternatives in Turkey that look like will give me the same results.

I dont know though. I was browsing around and did see some with positive results being posted around the same time as the negative ones. And if you look at the reply above from Managing Publisher Bill, he has been on this forum for many years and following tons of surgeon results and he is still confident that asmed is one of the best to go to.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, Der3k7 said:

Wow look at this great asmed result

This was done 2 years ago, I think surgeries performed 1 year ago owards would be more suitable to our discussion.

I just emailed the rep that I communicate with and I'm asking about the recent change in results and any tech changes over the past 2 years and am concerned about the results from surgeries the past 6 to 9 months and what will be the experience of the techs working on me? And insisted that I have the techs with the highest skill set and experience working on me. I'm getting 5000 grafts I'm not about to waste my money and 5000 of the remaining 8600 grafts he says I have remaining. 

40 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I just emailed the rep that I communicate with and I'm asking about the recent change in results and any tech changes over the past 2 years and am concerned about the results from surgeries the past 6 to 9 months and what will be the experience of the techs working on me? And insisted that I have the techs with the highest skill set and experience working on me. I'm getting 5000 grafts I'm not about to waste my money and 5000 of the remaining 8600 grafts he says I have remaining. 

Can you please let me know of their reply ? Cheers

I’m confused, it seems like a number of new members have taken the liberty of asking brand new questions on this topic. I ask that any members who have posted here starting a new topic or who wants personal responses to their concerns to create their own topic rather than piggybacking off of this one. 

This topic is reserved to discuss @Der3k7‘s  questions and situation. 

Best wishes,

Bill

On 8/24/2018 at 2:33 AM, Wasoo said:

Hi guys sorry if i m in the wrong Train :)

I just Joint this Forum because i need your guidence. I have lost my front part with minor hair on the top and crown. But according to some Feedback i have good donor area i may get the HT done. Now which Dr. or Clinic in Turkey ??

I got the offer from COSMEDICA (Dr. Acar) two days mega session for upto 5500 Grafts. There are two options one VIP package and Gold pacakge. What are ur thoughts ??

Advisor for Dr. Doganay suggests me 5000 grafts. (But he is expensive)

I m confused :(

@Wasoo,  please create your own topic to ask your questions.  Piggybacking off of somebody else’s topic is Not the best way to ensure you get your questions answered. In fact, it gets too confusing when everybody asked their own questions on somebody else’s topic. So please create a new topic in order to ask you questions.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:51 PM, Der3k7 said:

@Der3k7,

All the best hair transplant surgeons in the world have cases of less than optimal results. At the end of the day, it’s about consistency and how a surgeon response to their patients when less than optimal results occur.  The best surgeons have a long track record of producing outstanding results but when poor growth or other complications occur,  The physician will stand behind the patient. 

Frankly, I believe you’ll be in great hands With Dr. Erdogan. 

Best wishes,

Bill

On 8/24/2018 at 1:36 PM, hairlossPA said:

technically isn’t that 2 surgeries? ;)

When it comes to FUE, a single procedure or surgical experience can occur over multiple days. I know that sounds bizarre and it took me a little while to get used to as well. But, when a physician says they can do 5000 grafts in a single session via FUE, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s 5000 grafts per day.   Thus, it’s always better to ask how many grafts are being done each day over how many days. 

Best wishes,

Bill