Jump to content
Der3k7

Is Erdogan still considered one of the best?

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Sydney1 said:

Hey Bud, I am in the same boat as you, I was basically all but going to book it with them, but given recent results, negative feedback etc, I am having second thoughts, I have put it down to changes made to his tech team, etc.... now considering other, cheaper alternatives in Turkey that look like will give me the same results.

You should look on the International hairloss forum too for Erdogan results. More than on this website and vast majority very strong lately.

Not sure why but there seems to be a lot of dishonesty coming from some people here and false claims like that he isn't doing incisions or changed his tech teams, it's just false, and I was there less than 4 months ago and had been 12 months before that. Cases with poor growth at the 12 month mark are worth considering but I am seeing very little of that, mainly people complaining pre six months and of hairline design that they have a say in and are consulted on at multiple occasions.

Edited by JeanLDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

You should look on the International hairloss forum too for Erdogan results. More than on this website and vast majority very strong lately.

Not sure why but there seems to be a lot of dishonesty coming from some people here and false claims like that he isn't doing incisions or changed his tech teams, it's just false, and I was there less than 4 months ago and had been 12 months before that. Cases with poor growth at the 12 month mark are worth considering but I am seeing very little of that, mainly people complaining pre six months and of hairline design that they have a say in and are consulted on at multiple occasions.

I looked but only came across 2 from last year it seems like most forum results are on the hair restoration network or bald truth talk forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I looked but only came across 2 from last year it seems like most forum results are on the hair restoration network or bald truth talk forums. 

No idea what you're looking at then, it's got at least 40 Erdogan posts going back to August 12 months ago, most of them complete results from the past 2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

No idea what you're looking at then, it's got at least 40 Erdogan posts going back to August 12 months ago, most of them complete results from the past 2 years. 

I just Google searched "international hair loss forum erdogan" and only 2 results popped up. I guess I'll have to create an account with that forum and search within the forum itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I just Google searched "international hair loss forum erdogan" and only 2 results popped up. I guess I'll have to create an account with that forum and search within the forum itself 

There are multiple of his results on each page, just google international hairloss forum, then go into the patient testimonials section. You don't need to create an account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeanLDD said:

There are multiple of his results on each page, just google international hairloss forum, then go into the patient testimonials section. You don't need to create an account.

Okay I did that within the website and searched erdogam and found a handful of recent positive results so that is more calming. And I see sole good ones from the past couple of years as well. I do doubt it would be likely that Erdogan would suddenly start having tons of bad results out of nowhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

 I’m confused, it seems like a number of new members have taken the liberty of asking brand new questions on this topic. I ask that any members who have posted here starting a new topic or who wants personal responses to their concerns to create their own topic rather than piggybacking off of this one. 

 This topic is reserved to discuss @Der3k7‘s  questions and situation. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, I did begin a topic rather similar to this and did not receive much love if any at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 1:50 PM, Der3k7 said:

I just emailed the rep that I communicate with and I'm asking about the recent change in results and any tech changes over the past 2 years and am concerned about the results from surgeries the past 6 to 9 months and what will be the experience of the techs working on me? And insisted that I have the techs with the highest skill set and experience working on me. I'm getting 5000 grafts I'm not about to waste my money and 5000 of the remaining 8600 grafts he says I have remaining. 

So did they get back to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sydney1 said:

So did they get back to you?

They just assured me that all the techs are skilled and experienced to do a good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

They just assured me that all the techs are skilled and experienced to do a good job

well I guess they cant say otherwise. Good luck with it all brother. I have decided to go with Dr Acar, didnt see much difference between his results and Koray. but a third of the price. and Cosmedica has made a name for themselves over past couple of years. Keep us updated on your progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sydney1 said:

well I guess they cant say otherwise. Good luck with it all brother. I have decided to go with Dr Acar, didnt see much difference between his results and Koray. but a third of the price. and Cosmedica has made a name for themselves over past couple of years. Keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck with Dr Acar. 

I haven't ruled out Koray yet but I have indeed noticed that there are certainly some more questionable results popping up in between the good results.  I wonder if this is due to an increase in patients per day.  I have also noticed his results don't look any better than Demirsoy/Keser but he is using many more grafts (in some cases).

I have been looking at Dr Demirsoy, (popular in the German forums) who does the extractions and incisions himself and has 1 patient a day and only 2 technicians. However, he does use a motorised drill for extractions.

There is a Scottish guy on Youtube who has a blog regarding his time at ASMED, which was very interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, markymarc123 said:

Good luck with Dr Acar. 

I haven't ruled out Koray yet but I have indeed noticed that there are certainly some more questionable results popping up in between the good results.  I wonder if this is due to an increase in patients per day.  I have also noticed his results don't look any better than Demirsoy/Keser but he is using many more grafts (in some cases).

I have been looking at Dr Demirsoy, (popular in the German forums) who does the extractions and incisions himself and has 1 patient a day and only 2 technicians. However, he does use a motorised drill for extractions.

There is a Scottish guy on Youtube who has a blog regarding his time at ASMED, which was very interesting...

Can you send me a link to this Scottish guys video ? Good or bad ? 

Koray was the only one that recommended I do 5000 grafts for my hair , the other 10 or so surgeons including some in Thailand all had me around the 3200 to 3500 mark . And since he doesn’t negotiate on the number of grafts I was looking at 12500 euros ... I brought up the fact  That I might not be able to afford , he didn’t show any flexibility. 

Demisroy’s name has popped up a couple of times ... but using a motorised punch beats the whole purpose of doing less patients , taking his time with them etc , no ? Koray does motorised also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Koray does manual non motorized fue

My bad , you’re right. Does that make much of a difference in this day and age ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say the manual method allows for a more precise and gentle method for extraction for differences iin each follicle and that ut has the highest success for extraction with least amount of damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a procedure done with ASMED in a couple of weeks and, like many of you, wanted a better idea of my chances of having a satisfactory result.  Since there have been many differing opinions on here concerning this clinic lately (and while it's a little tough to quantify something like this), I figured I'd try to tackle the question mathematically/statistically to produce a more definitive answer. 

Methodology for Analysis:

First, I went through the French, Italian, and English hair loss forums (i.e., international, Belli Capelli, and this forum, respectively), and looked through every result that was posted within the last 2 years (I went back to around September 2016).  

I recorded the approximate date (to the nearest month) that the surgery was performed and assigned a score for the result based on the pictures that were posted.  The ranking criteria were as follows:

- Great = A score of 4 = The result of the transplant was a very thick, natural looking head of hair; in my opinion, no further surgical intervention is required. 

- Good = A score of 3 = The result of the transplant was a major improvement over the pre-operative state, but not perfect; while the hair is generally thick, a minor touch-up may be required to achieve the optimal result.

- Mediocre = A score of 2 = The result of the transplant was a modest to moderate improvement over the pre-operative state; a second procedure of a similar magnitude will likely be required to achieve patient satisfaction.

- Poor = A score of 1 = A complete botch job.  The scalp looks effectively the same or worse than it did before surgery.  A second operation is absolutely required (and possibly a third) if there's any hope of salvaging the situation.  

- Inconclusive = No score = The result could not be determined due to the fact that the surgery was performed too recently (less than approximately 5 months ago) or the fact that the user did not continue to post their results/pictures beyond a few days/weeks/months.  There are some rare cases where a patient experienced a good result by the 5 or 6 month point and I felt comfortable including them in the analysis despite the fact that their hair has not fully matured.

Caveats:

- While there are many clinic-posted results in all three forums, I only included those from the Italian forum in this analysis (in other words, I only included patient-posted results from the French and English forums).  Why did I do this?  First, in the French and English forums, there was no indication as to when the clinic-posted surgeries were performed.  Second, the doctor likely only posted his best results, leading to a form of selection bias.  When patients post their own results, from start to finish, selection bias is less likely.  Third, I wanted to make sure I didn't double-count, so each patient had to have a unique identifier (and it was hard to assign one for clinic-posted results; for patient-posted results, on the other hand, I could differentiate them with their user names).  Please note that the omission of clinic-posted results might skew the results in such a way as to make them seem slightly more negative than they actually are.

- I realize that the ratings I assigned to each result are subjective.  I can't think of a way to do this in a truly objective way, as one person's "good" might be another's "mediocre."  For this reason, I'm willing to provide user names via PM in case there are any doubts concerning my judgment.

Analysis:

The chart below shows my findings from the three forums, combined, within the specified date range.  I removed the user names and replaced them with patient numbers to maintain anonymity.  As I mentioned above, if anyone wants to see the user names associated with the patient numbers in order to check me (or compare your judgments with my own), I can send them to you via PM.

Assigned Patient Number

Surgery Date

Result Rating

1

Sep-16

4

2

Oct-16

3

3

Oct-16

3

4

Oct-16

3

5

Nov-16

4

6

1-Nov

4

7

Nov-16

4

8

Nov-16

N/A

9

Nov-16

3

10

Dec-16

4

11

Jan-17

2

12

Feb-17

4

13

Feb-17

4

14

Feb-17

4

15

Feb-17

3

16

Feb-17

N/A

17

Feb-17

4

18

Feb-17

4

19

Feb-17

3

20

Mar-17

3

21

Mar-17

4

22

Mar-17

N/A

23

Apr-17

4

24

Apr-17

N/A

25

May-17

3

26

May-17

3

27

Jun-17

2

28

Jun-17

N/A

29

Jul-17

4

30

Jul-17

4

31

Jul-17

3

32

Jul-17

3

33

Jul-17

2

34

Jul-17

2

35

Jul-17

N/A

36

Aug-17

4

37

Aug-17

3

38

Aug-17

N/A

39

Sep-17

3

40

Sep-17

N/A

41

Sep-17

2

42

Oct-17

4

43

Oct-17

2

44

Oct-17

4

45

Oct-17

4

46

Oct-17

4

47

Oct-17

N/A

48

Nov-17

4

49

Nov-17

3

50

Nov-17

2

51

Nov-17

N/A

52

Nov-17

4

53

Nov-17

3

54

Dec-17

4

55

Dec-17

4

56

Dec-17

3

57

Dec-17

2

58

Dec-17

4

59

Dec-17

3

60

Dec-17

2

61

Dec-17

N/A

62

Dec-17

N/A

63

Jan-18

4

64

Jan-18

3

65

Jan-18

3

66

Jan-18

2

67

Jan-18

N/A

68

Jan-18

N/A

69

Feb-18

4

70

Feb-18

4

71

Mar-18

2

72

Mar-18

4

73

Mar-18

3

74

Mar-18

2

75

May-18

3

76

May-18

4

77

May-18

N/A

78

Jun-18

N/A

79

Jul-18

4

80

Jul-18

N/A

81

Jul-18

N/A

82

Jul-18

N/A

83

Jul-18

N/A

84

Aug-18

N/A

85

Sep-18

N/A

86

Sep-18

N/A

87

Sep-18

N/A

88

Sep-18

N/A

89

Sep-18

N/A

90

Oct-18

N/A

91

Oct-18

N/A

92

Oct-18

N/A

93

Oct-18

N/A

94

Oct-18

N/A

95

Oct-18

N/A

96

Oct-18

N/A

97

Nov-18

N/A

98

Nov-18

N/A

99

Nov-18

N/A

100

Nov-18

N/A

As you can see, I looked through 100 patient reviews between the three forums.  Out of the 100, only 63 were conclusive.

Out of the 63: 

- 48% were great

- 33% were good 

- 19% percent were mediocre

- 0% were poor 

 

For me, a result of good or great is acceptable.  Here's some more useful data:

- There is an 81% chance of an acceptable (i.e., good or great) result 

- Margin of error is 12% (with a confidence level of 95%)*

- Average is 3.3 (a result between good and great)

- Median is 3 (a good result)

- Mode is 4 (a great result)

- Standard deviation is 0.771

* I calculated margin of error by assuming that ASMED performs 4 surgeries per day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, yielding a total population of 2,080 surgeries performed within this time frame (and, as shown above, a sample size of 63 patients).

I want to stress, again, that I excluded all clinic-posted results from the French and English forums, so outcomes may actually be better than what is posted above.

Another question that was recently raised was whether or not quality from this clinic has decreased over time.  In order to determine if this is the case, I plotted the results from above against time (see the plot below) and inserted a best-fit trend line (including a projection into the future, assuming the same trends continue to hold).

 

image.png.fa5c1fcdc3875df8b770892124231c50.png

It does appear that there has been a slight degradation in quality for surgeries performed between September of 2016 and June of this year.  It looks like this degradation may have been caused by a cluster of negative reviews made by patients who had surgery between August and December of 2017 (though there were also many successful surgeries that occurred around this time as well).  I might do another analysis looking further back into the past to see if this trend remains the same, or if the second half of 2017 was a blip.

 

I don't know about you guys, but this made me feel a bit more confident about my upcoming surgery.  Any thoughts? 

 

Edited by LordBaldwin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what a fantastic post Lordbaldwin


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow what a fantastic post Lordbaldwin

Thanks!  I'm a numbers guy (and kind of a nerd), so finding actual numerical representations for the clinic's results helps put various individual reviews in perspective.

Edited by LordBaldwin
  • Like 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord Baldwin thanks for taking time out and doing full analysis. You have to remember the average patients is not to clued up on what sort of result to expect. Some are pleased to have hair again on head, you have to remember that.

The point what most of these unhappy patients are making is that they received botched jobs. Multi hair grafts within hairline, Hairlines being horizontal and un natural, Hair grafts growing vertically from scalp and not getting the full coverage with density. Many results getting passed off as good, if a professional in the field was to look at new hairline they would class it as botched.

Asmed is over quoting and planting more grafts then required depleting donar area.

Patients will never get a good density of hair if hair grafts are growing vertically.

Also i find it disgusting that mods are banning patients who have shared unhappy experience saying they have agenda with clinic, if they had agenda with clinic why would they of gone with clinic in first place. They are unhappy patients who have to live with a bad hair transplant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Payam can you compile a list collage of photos, a timeline of pre transplant and the latest photo being in december to give us all a god idea of progress, timeframe etc. Sorry If i have already an existing one. Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordBaldwin said:

I'm having a procedure done with ASMED in a couple of weeks and, like many of you, wanted a better idea of my chances of having a satisfactory result.  Since there have been many differing opinions on here concerning this clinic lately (and while it's a little tough to quantify something like this), I figured I'd try to tackle the question mathematically/statistically to produce a more definitive answer. 

Methodology for Analysis:

First, I went through the French, Italian, and English hair loss forums (i.e., international, Belli Capelli, and this forum, respectively), and looked through every result that was posted within the last 2 years (I went back to around September 2016).  

I recorded the approximate date (to the nearest month) that the surgery was performed and assigned a score for the result based on the pictures that were posted.  The ranking criteria were as follows:

- Great = A score of 4 = The result of the transplant was a very thick, natural looking head of hair; in my opinion, no further surgical intervention is required. 

- Good = A score of 3 = The result of the transplant was a major improvement over the pre-operative state, but not perfect; while the hair is generally thick, a minor touch-up may be required to achieve the optimal result.

- Mediocre = A score of 2 = The result of the transplant was a modest to moderate improvement over the pre-operative state; a second procedure of a similar magnitude will likely be required to achieve patient satisfaction.

- Poor = A score of 1 = A complete botch job.  The scalp looks effectively the same or worse than it did before surgery.  A second operation is absolutely required (and possibly a third) if there's any hope of salvaging the situation.  

- Inconclusive = No score = The result could not be determined due to the fact that the surgery was performed too recently (less than approximately 5 months ago) or the fact that the user did not continue to post their results/pictures beyond a few days/weeks/months.  There are some rare cases where a patient experienced a good result by the 5 or 6 month point and I felt comfortable including them in the analysis despite the fact that their hair has not fully matured.

Caveats:

- While there are many clinic-posted results in all three forums, I only included those from the Italian forum in this analysis (in other words, I only included patient-posted results from the French and English forums).  Why did I do this?  First, in the French and English forums, there was no indication as to when the clinic-posted surgeries were performed.  Second, the doctor likely only posted his best results, leading to a form of selection bias.  When patients post their own results, from start to finish, selection bias is less likely.  Third, I wanted to make sure I didn't double-count, so each patient had to have a unique identifier (and it was hard to assign one for clinic-posted results; for patient-posted results, on the other hand, I could differentiate them with their user names).  Please note that the omission of clinic-posted results might skew the results in such a way as to make them seem slightly more negative than they actually are.

- I realize that the ratings I assigned to each result are subjective.  I can't think of a way to do this in a truly objective way, as one person's "good" might be another's "mediocre."  For this reason, I'm willing to provide user names via PM in case there are any doubts concerning my judgment.

Analysis:

The chart below shows my findings from the three forums, combined, within the specified date range.  I removed the user names and replaced them with patient numbers to maintain anonymity.  As I mentioned above, if anyone wants to see the user names associated with the patient numbers in order to check me (or compare your judgments with my own), I can send them to you via PM.

Assigned Patient Number

Surgery Date

Result Rating

1

Sep-16

4

2

Oct-16

3

3

Oct-16

3

4

Oct-16

3

5

Nov-16

4

6

1-Nov

4

7

Nov-16

4

8

Nov-16

N/A

9

Nov-16

3

10

Dec-16

4

11

Jan-17

2

12

Feb-17

4

13

Feb-17

4

14

Feb-17

4

15

Feb-17

3

16

Feb-17

N/A

17

Feb-17

4

18

Feb-17

4

19

Feb-17

3

20

Mar-17

3

21

Mar-17

4

22

Mar-17

N/A

23

Apr-17

4

24

Apr-17

N/A

25

May-17

3

26

May-17

3

27

Jun-17

2

28

Jun-17

N/A

29

Jul-17

4

30

Jul-17

4

31

Jul-17

3

32

Jul-17

3

33

Jul-17

2

34

Jul-17

2

35

Jul-17

N/A

36

Aug-17

4

37

Aug-17

3

38

Aug-17

N/A

39

Sep-17

3

40

Sep-17

N/A

41

Sep-17

2

42

Oct-17

4

43

Oct-17

2

44

Oct-17

4

45

Oct-17

4

46

Oct-17

4

47

Oct-17

N/A

48

Nov-17

4

49

Nov-17

3

50

Nov-17

2

51

Nov-17

N/A

52

Nov-17

4

53

Nov-17

3

54

Dec-17

4

55

Dec-17

4

56

Dec-17

3

57

Dec-17

2

58

Dec-17

4

59

Dec-17

3

60

Dec-17

2

61

Dec-17

N/A

62

Dec-17

N/A

63

Jan-18

4

64

Jan-18

3

65

Jan-18

3

66

Jan-18

2

67

Jan-18

N/A

68

Jan-18

N/A

69

Feb-18

4

70

Feb-18

4

71

Mar-18

2

72

Mar-18

4

73

Mar-18

3

74

Mar-18

2

75

May-18

3

76

May-18

4

77

May-18

N/A

78

Jun-18

N/A

79

Jul-18

4

80

Jul-18

N/A

81

Jul-18

N/A

82

Jul-18

N/A

83

Jul-18

N/A

84

Aug-18

N/A

85

Sep-18

N/A

86

Sep-18

N/A

87

Sep-18

N/A

88

Sep-18

N/A

89

Sep-18

N/A

90

Oct-18

N/A

91

Oct-18

N/A

92

Oct-18

N/A

93

Oct-18

N/A

94

Oct-18

N/A

95

Oct-18

N/A

96

Oct-18

N/A

97

Nov-18

N/A

98

Nov-18

N/A

99

Nov-18

N/A

100

Nov-18

N/A

As you can see, I looked through 100 patient reviews between the three forums.  Out of the 100, only 63 were conclusive.

Out of the 63: 

- 48% were great

- 33% were good 

- 19% percent were mediocre

- 0% were poor 

 

For me, a result of good or great is acceptable.  Here's some more useful data:

- There is an 81% chance of an acceptable (i.e., good or great) result 

- Margin of error is 12% (with a confidence level of 95%)*

- Average is 3.3 (a result between good and great)

- Median is 3 (a good result)

- Mode is 4 (a great result)

- Standard deviation is 0.771

* I calculated margin of error by assuming that ASMED performs 4 surgeries per day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, yielding a total population of 2,080 surgeries performed within this time frame (and, as shown above, a sample size of 63 patients).

I want to stress, again, that I excluded all clinic-posted results from the French and English forums, so outcomes may actually be better than what is posted above.

Another question that was recently raised was whether or not quality from this clinic has decreased over time.  In order to determine if this is the case, I plotted the results from above against time (see the plot below) and inserted a best-fit trend line (including a projection into the future, assuming the same trends continue to hold).

 

image.png.fa5c1fcdc3875df8b770892124231c50.png

It does appear that there has been a slight degradation in quality for surgeries performed between September of 2016 and June of this year.  It looks like this degradation may have been caused by a cluster of negative reviews made by patients who had surgery between August and December of 2017 (though there were also many successful surgeries that occurred around this time as well).  I might do another analysis looking further back into the past to see if this trend remains the same, or if the second half of 2017 was a blip.

 

I don't know about you guys, but this made me feel a bit more confident about my upcoming surgery.  Any thoughts? 

 

thats awesome bro, well done. But I just want to point out the obvious here and what was one of the main topics of conversation at the beginning of this blog.... the quality of work has been getting worse and worse over the years as your chart clearly shows above.... that chart should have been going in the opposite direction....that alone should rock your confidence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATM110 said:

Lord Baldwin thanks for taking time out and doing full analysis. You have to remember the average patients is not to clued up on what sort of result to expect. Some are pleased to have hair again on head, you have to remember that.

Understood, but I think prospective patients should probably do their homework before they go in for a surgery.

1 hour ago, ATM110 said:

The point what most of these unhappy patients are making is that they received botched jobs. Multi hair grafts within hairline, Hairlines being horizontal and un natural, Hair grafts growing vertically from scalp and not getting the full coverage with density. Many results getting passed off as good, if a professional in the field was to look at new hairline they would class it as botched.

There aren't many of them.  Also, those who are complaining tend to get emotional about their situation and exaggerate (saying that they were "botched" or a "failure" instead of acknowledging that there's been at least some improvement and that they're disappointed because reality didn't meet their expectations).

Additionally, as far as the shape of the hairline is concerned....from what I've read, patients are asked if they approve of the proposed hairline and have the option to request a change.  When I go, I'll be bringing pictures of what I used to look like so that the doctor and I can use them as reference for what a natural hairline on my head looks like. 

1 hour ago, ATM110 said:

Asmed is over quoting and planting more grafts then required depleting donar area.

According to whom? 

1 hour ago, ATM110 said:

Patients will never get a good density of hair if hair grafts are growing vertically.

Aren't hairs supposed to grow vertically?

1 hour ago, ATM110 said:

Also i find it disgusting that mods are banning patients who have shared unhappy experience saying they have agenda with clinic, if they had agenda with clinic why would they of gone with clinic in first place. They are unhappy patients who have to live with a bad hair transplant. 

From what I've seen, this isn't what's happening.  The mods seem to jump in when a patient starts complaining about their own results on someone else's thread (the moderators didn't shut down these individuals' original progress threads).  For example:

Person A creates a thread and says they're not currently happy with their growth.  Person B then comes on Person A's thread and says "Yeah, your result sucks!  So does mine!  A lot of people are saying theirs suck too!  This must be because of clinic negligence!"

There are a lot of things wrong with this kind of post -- first, it draws attention away from Person A's result and experience.  Second, Person B is judging Person A's result with a bias caused by his own bad result.   Third, it draws overgeneralized conclusions about the clinic without providing evidence and leads to a bandwagon effect for the minority of dissatisfied patients.  This gives the impression that there are more unhappy patients than there actually are. 

As far as the "agenda" is concerned, here's an explanation.  The patient does not have an agenda when they first go to the clinic.  However, once they decide that they've had an unsatisfactory result, they get very upset about it and choose to channel their anger toward the clinic by attacking its reputation on other threads.    

Edited by LordBaldwin
  • Like 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sydney1 said:

thats awesome bro, well done. But I just want to point out the obvious here and what was one of the main topics of conversation at the beginning of this blog.... the quality of work has been getting worse and worse over the years as your chart clearly shows above.... that chart should have been going in the opposite direction....that alone should rock your confidence.

First of all, I don't think that's what my post showed.  If you're referring to the scatter plot and trend line I included... it only covers the last two years (as did the entire post).  Second, if you look at where the line actually goes (and assume it continues over the long term), the expected result is still between good and great where the data stops on the X-axis (around April/May 2018), albeit closer to "good" and further from "great" than it was 2 years ago.  Third, I think it's possible that there was an X-factor sometime in the second half of 2017 that may have caused some of the negative results that influenced the trend line; I don't presume to know what it was, nor do I assume that it still exists today.  This clinic has a very long track record and one iffy 6-month period isn't necessarily indicative of a long term worsening of quality. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LordBaldwin said:

First of all, I don't think that's what my post showed.  If you're referring to the scatter plot and trend line I included... it only covers the last two years (as did the entire post).  Second, if you look at where the line actually goes (and assume it continues over the long term), the expected result is still between good and great where the data stops on the X-axis (around April/May 2018), albeit closer to "good" and further from "great" than it was 2 years ago.  Third, I think it's possible that there was an X-factor sometime in the second half of 2017 that may have caused some of the negative results that influenced the trend line; I don't presume to know what it was, nor do I assume that it still exists today.  This clinic has a very long track record and one iffy 6-month period isn't necessarily indicative of a long term worsening of quality. 

we can agree or disagree and leave it be, or we can keep going around in circles, we clearly do not agree and you have made up your mind, I wish you nothing but great results , i really do. I just pointed out the very clear fact that over the past 2 years satisfacation of results has clearly been declining, it is still above 3 and its a great, and you seem to be ok with that, and you have your assumptions about a mysterious X factor...... the analysis might need to get deeper homie. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×