what do you think

I understand that i'm not taking meds or minoxi so i will be what you call slow grower and i'm fine with that. i think also that it really started to grow way after 4 month. 

when i shampoo my hair i still feel kinda big pain in the recipient area, like pain from the root. hope it means good things.

the problem here is that the mirror in my bathroom is under 2 big windows that gives big light so every time i look at the mirror i see my scalp in the worst condition and it's kinda depressing. in those pictures it looks pretty good.

takes MSM 2000 mg, biotin 5000 mcg daily, B12, Vitamin D.

eats walnuts, pumpkin seed, flaxseed, almonds, Brazil nuts.

Edited by wheretogo

• Moderators

It looks like you are coming along pretty well. There are two reasons why I would wait the full 12 months before doing another session.

1. You want to see how much more growth and thickening you get in the area just behind the hairline, so you can get a better sense of how much, if any, grafts you ant to use to strengthen that area up.

2. I'm a little concerned about your donor area. I'd want to wait a few more months to let the area fully heal and let any shock loss you may have had to grow back in.

You can go to the follow up consultation now to let the Dr. see how you're coming along, discuss with him a general idea of what you want to accomplish next, and even set up the appointment for the next session to be done around the 12 month mark. Then when you actually go for the 2nd HT you and the Dr. can get more into the specifics of how many grafts he thinks he can get and where to place them.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thanks guys.

when i look at it now i think it's a lot of area to cover, is 3558 grafts are enough for that area?.

are triple grafts take long time to grow than doubles and singles?

the donor looks not good?, do i have shock loss anywhere?

20180825_142444.jpg

20180825_142541.jpg

20180825_142546.jpg

20180825_142557.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

1 hour ago, wheretogo said:

Thanks guys.

when i look at it now i think it's a lot of area to cover, is 3558 grafts are enough for that area?.

are triple grafts take long time to grow than doubles and singles?

the donor looks not good?, do i have shock loss anywhere?

20180825_142444.jpg

20180825_142541.jpg

20180825_142546.jpg

20180825_142557.jpg

Yep donor looks fine, everything looks good. Yeh you're right it is a huge area to cover and considering your level of baldness it's a definite improvement. You should get that improvement of density in the upcoming months. 

Thanks again guys.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:00 PM, BeHappy said:

It looks like you are coming along pretty well. There are two reasons why I would wait the full 12 months before doing another session.

1. You want to see how much more growth and thickening you get in the area just behind the hairline, so you can get a better sense of how much, if any, grafts you ant to use to strengthen that area up.

2. I'm a little concerned about your donor area. I'd want to wait a few more months to let the area fully heal and let any shock loss you may have had to grow back in.

You can go to the follow up consultation now to let the Dr. see how you're coming along, discuss with him a general idea of what you want to accomplish next, and even set up the appointment for the next session to be done around the 12 month mark. Then when you actually go for the 2nd HT you and the Dr. can get more into the specifics of how many grafts he thinks he can get and where to place them.

yes mate, i understand you are right, i need to wait the whole 12 months before doing another HT.

i get it that there is am issue of the blood flow in the scalp.

even now i can feel itching, pain and pimples in the recipient area, hope it means it's working.

i get it that it will be slower than others so i won't obsess with it at least for the 2-3 coming months, well, i will try.

what do you think guys about shaving the whole scalp after the meeting with the Dr?

Edited by wheretogo

• 4 months later...

HI,

1. Can you please upload recent photos?

2. Do you see a change between 6 months to 12 months?

3. I read that you want to do a second surgery ,Are you going to do the surgery with the same doctor? 

Hey SOW,

sure, thank you for your interest.

close to 11 months post op. in about a 1.5 month the plan is to go back and do the mid scalp plus the crown and maybe add grafts to the front if it won't damage the current ones.

of course going back to Dr Maras.

pictures are about 10 months and 3 weeks. with flash under harsh light, showing you with those conditions.

no meds or minoxi, just MSM and Biotin.

first picture is just pre op.

4.thumb.jpg.d084bb4a422b9e5098a1dc557d939b1f.jpg

20190113_133650.jpg

20190108_195415.jpg

20190108_194607.jpg

20190108_194717.jpg

20190108_195120.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

looks great!!!!!!

Do you now what is the density in the hairline ?

What the doctor said about the amount of grafts you need in order to fully cover your hair?

Do you familiar with the other HDC doctor named Christine ? do you recommend her?

I notice that in your middle scalp was a major hair loss.

Thank you for your compliment :)

i don't really know about the density, but as you can see in the first picture there was a big area to cover.

now i need to deal with the mid scalp and crown, it's more mid scalp than crown actually, they say my donor area healed very good and we can use around 3000 more grafts.

i don't know how many grafts i will need to put behind the hairline, 500? 1000?, i don't know.

to the mid scalp maybe 2500-3000 grafts probably.

i don't know Dr Christine personally, but i saw a guy on this website who did with her.

i defiantly recommend HDC clinic from my experience. it's not just the doctor, the stuff is really good and nice, they take care of you really good, don't rush the work, they give you an apartment just across the clinic for a week to recover and take care of your scalp everyday so when i got home my scalp had no inflammation and free of scabs.

donor area pictures.

20190111_194716.jpg

20190111_194733.jpg

13 hours ago, Mick50 said:

looks good ,take some pic without flash, but definitely has grown in really well .

Thank you Mick50, i will, i guess without flash and harsh light it will look even better.

9 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Yeah looks good. I will be honest, when I saw the first set of pictures I thought it was going to be a disaster but it really grew in well. Congratulations!

Thank you TrixGlendevon.

why did you think it won't look good?

guys, what do you think about the grafts number needed to add to the front and to the mid scalp & crown?

Edited by wheretogo

1. I don't think 3000 grafts will be enough to cover all the bald areas
2. You will need to add small amount of  grafts to the front but only if the doctor will guarantee  that it will not harm the existing grafts.

3. Maybe you or the doctor can measure the recipient area (cm*cm)  in order to measure the density per cm.

then measure the mid scalp & crown areas to estimate of the amount of grafts needed.

Please be kind to tell us doctor's opinion

Edited by SOW