what do you think

about doing second procedure for the mid scalp+crown area (is it done together?) about 8 months after first HT to the frontal third of the scalp?.

picture is pro op of frontal third of scalp.

IMG-20180109-WA0000.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

Hey SPEX,

is it really essential to wait?, the new procedure isn't at the same place and there is a limit on how the frontal hair could cover the crown area. if the donor area healed properly you still advised to wait?

Yea most reputable clinics wont operate until the 12 month anyway , for the sake of 4 months best to see how things are at 12 months , the head and body need time to fully recover ,there are enough "what ifs" in this game why add more 

I am about 10 days after six months mark, got a meeting with the Dr next week, just was wondering about doing the mid scalp and crown area because it's a different area than before so i thought it's not related.

46 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

I am about 10 days after six months mark, got a meeting with the Dr next week, just was wondering about doing the mid scalp and crown area because it's a different area than before so i thought it's not related.

Up to you  ,but always best to give it the full 12 months  ,OK maybe not the same area but the donor needs time to recover and who knows if the blood flow might be affected, guy posting on here at the the moment who has had shock loss  even tho that area wasn't transplanted, as I say a hair transplant is as much about the psychological aspect ,and why add stress ,wait the full 12 months 

6 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

what are the details of your first surgery?

3558 grafts.

825 singles, 1417 doubles, 1116 triples.

never used meds or minoxi, also not using now.

6 hours ago, Mick50 said:

Up to you  ,but always best to give it the full 12 months  ,OK maybe not the same area but the donor needs time to recover and who knows if the blood flow might be affected, guy posting on here at the the moment who has had shock loss  even tho that area wasn't transplanted, as I say a hair transplant is as much about the psychological aspect ,and why add stress ,wait the full 12 months 

maybe you right, i will wait until 9-10 months and will check again.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:41 AM, wheretogo said:

about doing second procedure for the mid scalp+crown area (is it done together?) about 8 months after first HT to the frontal third of the scalp?.

picture is pro op of frontal third of scalp.

IMG-20180109-WA0000.jpg

Thanks for uploading the pics, work looks really good,   This pic is 6 months post op ?  Be good to see a pic face on to see how the hair-line is progressing ,6 months is still early, look forward to future up -dates .

No, it's before the transplant.

i hope six months is early, there is progress and it's on time i guess and i know i'm not on any meds or minoxi so i need to be patient.

i don't really know how to judge the progress, with camera flash on harsh light?, without flash?, wet, dry hair?, each one change the outcome immensely.

Just now, wheretogo said:

I checked all the time with flash with light. i need to stop doing that, just too much stress, need to be relax :)

what about you mick? did you do anything?

You're at the point where different lighting will make a big difference , I didn't do much much ,like  most guys kept on checking progress ,my progress was quite steady ,I never took Finasteride   ,tried minoxidil decided the stuff was evil, after a few days heavy bags under my eyes ,  disappeared  thankfully ,apart form that just tried to relax and let things develop .

1 minute ago, Mick50 said:

You're at the point where different lighting will make a big difference , I didn't do much much ,like  most guys kept on checking progress ,my progress was quite steady ,I never took Finasteride   ,tried minoxidil decided the stuff was evil, after a few days heavy bags under my eyes ,  disappeared  thankfully ,apart form that just tried to relax and let things develop .

When you did it? where?

3 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

is the first pic you posted pre op or post op?

pre.

this is about 10 days post op-

20180224_114452.jpg

20180224_114456.jpg