Melbourne Hair system

George465

Hey everyone! first time user here. Long story short I'm in my early 20's a severely suffering hair loss. I wear a hat everyday and the dread of losing my hair controls my life. I currently use concealers but I am almost at the point where I can no longer use them as my hair is almost gone in some areas. I have been spending months researching non-surgical hair replacement as I am not a candidate for hair transplant, I'm 22 and almost bald. There are just so many questions I have, I just would love to mean someone in melbourne who wears one and gain a proper insight. Everyone seems to like them for the first few months and then you don't hear much. I would like to know where the best place in Melbourne is to go and how to manage prices as i'm still a student and won't be able to afford the weekly cut ins and what not. Any advice would be appreciated, just sick of worrying about it all the time.

George, I wanted to reply to you because I see nobody else has responded to this topic yet. I can’t speak much for Melbourne however, in general, so I’m here replacing systems can look incredibly natural as long as you’re willing to do the proper maintenance. Understand, that A high-quality hairpiece or system will work great At first, similar to how a brand new car looks all shiny and clean coming out of the show room. However, after some wear and tear, the system will break down and will eventually have to be replaced. There are ways to elongate the life of a system by properly maintaining it. But it’s important that you learn and understand the benefits and limitations of a hairpiece and then decide whether or not it’s right for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

I have been wearing almost a decade and I can say its changed my life. That said, it is not for everyone and it take a little while to master it. I DIY which cuts down the time and costs to a fraction of what clinics charge.

There are regular posters online that have been wearing for a long time, but the vast majority of people whether it works or not will  stop posting once they have decided their path.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 4:38 PM, grincher said:

I have been wearing almost a decade and I can say its changed my life. That said, it is not for everyone and it take a little while to master it. I DIY which cuts down the time and costs to a fraction of what clinics charge.

There are regular posters online that have been wearing for a long time, but the vast majority of people whether it works or not will  stop posting once they have decided their path.

Hi, can I just ask, are you from Melbourne as well? 

And when you DIY, do you cut your natural hair yourself or do you still go to a hairdresser?

On 8/20/2018 at 10:04 PM, George465 said:

Hey everyone! first time user here. Long story short I'm in my early 20's a severely suffering hair loss. I wear a hat everyday and the dread of losing my hair controls my life. I currently use concealers but I am almost at the point where I can no longer use them as my hair is almost gone in some areas. I have been spending months researching non-surgical hair replacement as I am not a candidate for hair transplant, I'm 22 and almost bald. There are just so many questions I have, I just would love to mean someone in melbourne who wears one and gain a proper insight. Everyone seems to like them for the first few months and then you don't hear much. I would like to know where the best place in Melbourne is to go and how to manage prices as i'm still a student and won't be able to afford the weekly cut ins and what not. Any advice would be appreciated, just sick of worrying about it all the time.

Hi George

Did you find anyone for hair systems? I have been looking for it in Melbourne. I heard Precision hair+ in St Kilda is providing the hair systems and had good experience. If you already had one from some other place please share you experience. Cause im also looking for it.

Im in great confusion between PRP treatment and this. Most of the people suggested that PRP wont work for regrowth but to maintain what u have and better with transplant. But Im also not into surgery. So as other option im looking for hair systems. 

Thanks

RK

Hi George

I was in a similar situation at your age. I am also in Melbourne
When I was losing my hair in the early 90's I saw the "strand by strand" by Advanced Hair on tv.

To cut a long story short, I ended up wearing a wig/system at the age of 21
It didn't look too bad, however it did have a lot of limitations.
Swimming, dating, sunlight, regular maintenance, costs etc.

I got rid of it 12 months later, then had a hair transplant. But that's another story.

The one thing regarding hair loss I would recommend the most is Finisteride.
If you go to you local GP, and ask for a prescription for 5mg Finesteride.
Take 1/4 tablet per day, 
Cut your hair short if you can 

Just my 2 cents

Good Luck...

• 9 months later...

Hey mate,

I'm in a similar situation. 

From Melbourne, but don't really know about the whole transplant thing. I've got an extensive family history, and feel like I'm gonna lose it anyway.

How'd you go with a system clinic?

I've seen a couple around, but don't know if they're reputable.