NW 2-3 / FUE Temples / Choosing doctor :-o

Hello,
interested what you have to say about my case :)

About me - i’m 35 years old, my temples started to recede with about 25 years and stopped where they are now. Previous generations have the same grade of receded temples, nothing worse. To be on the safe side i started taking Finasteride about 3 years ago, no side effects.

I always wanted to have full hair and want to close my temples. The hairline is fine for me.  On the pictures you can see my actual hair status styled with hair-wax and non styled.

The surgeons i have contacted so far recommend the following

Dr. Ali Karadeniz
4.000-5.000 hair
Dense-Packing, with no visible difference between original and transplanted hair areas
„In hair transplantation, 100 hair needs to be transplanted for 1 cm2 coverage with high density“

Dr. Resul Yaman
2.200-2.700 grafts
around 50 grafts / cm2 (which is not the maximum, will be decided on site)

Both do the consultation / hairline discussion and incisions but do not extract and place the graft.

Dr. Yaman is recommended by this site altough i am not 100% sure what to think about that. There are a few casing speaking against him but it does seem that they try to actively re-build their reputation. Contact was great and the similiar patient-cases (promotional links to other forums removed) which were sent to me as a showcase do look promising.

Dr. Karadeniz seems to be very ethnical but despite mentioning on several youtube videos that assistants doing the extractions is not a good decisions and not allowed …  now does quote a surcharge for him doing the extractions (instead of his assistants.

On the spanish and french forums there are more patient experiences than here.

I have ruled out Hairline Clinic / Asmed / Dr. Kaan / Bisanga (break the bank for me) as well as Dr. Bhatti (good ethical doctor, flights are a horror) ElitHairTransplant Dr. Balwi (Technician-Clinic), Dr. Demirsoy (density too low), Dr. Hakan Doganay (too risky altough he is on the way to re-validate himself with more interaction).

- Do you think i am a right candidate for a hair transplant?
- Is there one surgeon you would recommend above the other?
- Are these densities „enough“ to get a natural / dense look?  If you have a look at my photos - you can see my scalp here and there on the front. This would be fine for me. Is that achievable? (I do understand that i this won't give me a you-can't-spot-anything-at-all-H&W result.)

Thanks for your input!

DSC06089.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

DSC06091.jpg

DSC06084.jpg

DSC06090.jpg

DSC06085.jpg

DSC06086.jpg

Edited by ctrlf

Unless this is affecting your personal life, you don't need an HT looking at your pics IMHO.

If you still decide to got HT - you're a simple case, good donor area, only temples to cover. Choose any recommended doc and you'll be fine.

Edited by Panamera13

• Administrators

Your hair looks great, most get surgery to look like you now. The improvements you’d see with surgery would most likely only be noticed by you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ctr,

I’m in the same boat as other members. If I were you, I wouldn’t be looking to get a hair transplant at this point. I don’t know how old you are ( you may want to update your original topic because it says “I’m years old“, which doesn’t make any sense) but you look young and you only have very nominal hairline recession. Sure, you could get a small hair transplant to fill in some of the thinning areas, but what happens  when your hair continues to reseed? Then you’ll be left with tufts of hair in the hairline followed by bald spots behind it. That will look exceptionally on natural and you will need to continue following your hair loss with ongoing hair transplant procedure is just to keep up with it. 

In my opinion, get on Propecia and potentially minoxidil as well and see if that doesn’t help slow down, stop or even reverse some of the hair loss you’ve experienced do to male pattern baldness.  After year, see where you  stand in terms of hair loss and then decide whether not you want to proceed with surgery.  

Best wishes,

Bill 

p.s. I know it’s tempting to make a decision in haste, but I encourage you and pleaded with you not to. Sure you can go get a hair transplant now, but I genuinely believe that you should consider nonsurgical alternatives for now. 

Thanks all for your kind answers, i appreciate that!

@Bill - Managing Publisher i'm 35 years old - just updated my original post. I was told that my age would be perfect for getting a hair transplant as it is not too early and due to my family history my hair status should remain the same. 

I think finasteride is just another name for propecia so i already have taken care to make a halt to further hairloss  ?

Edited by ctrlf

Definitely a rare case where your your facial structure and temple points genuinely let you pull off a great look with a NW3, especially with the salt and pepper and beard. Agree with others that you should probably hold off, but in particular because you're already dealing with a good situation it's best to stick of clinics like ASMED, HLC, Kaan or Keser's in Turkey imo that are giving you the highest probability of success and not going to make things worse.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, getting in the chair may do more harm then good.  Your hair looks natural  and with incorrect angulations and groupings of grafts, your hairline may look unnatural afterwerds.  I’d definitely consider holding off until you see drastic loss.  What’s crazy is , some norwoods cant even get hair like yours in the current state even after surgery.  If they had hair like yours now, their results will be considered high yield.  

Right now, you look good and the current state flows well naturally with your face.  Some folks wish their results were as natural as your hair is Now.  Honestly, if you need anything done, get it done where the risk of graft injury is minimized.  Less grafts extractions per day to minimize graft death or out of body exposure will probably increase probability of success.  

Best of luck man.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Honestly, at 35 you have a really good head of hair, although I know how tempting it can feel to want to get a more youthful appearing hairline. Take Timothy Oliphant for example, I would say your hairline and his are nearly identical, if you're able to maintain your current hair for the next 10-15 years you'll end up looking him, which is very respectable. Not to mention a really good look, I think a mature hairline can fit some guys and honestly I think you fit in that category.

153078-full.jpg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.