Hair Loss due to dandruff

Thalia

It is possible to have temporal shedding or thinning from scalp irritation that has caused you to scratch a lot.

It's usually a temporary indignation, try to get some anti-itch shampoo and see a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.

You could have scaling or seborrhoeic dermatitis, which causes inflammation and large flaking on the scalp that can cause you to scratch and lose hair temporarily.  

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All 

I have lost of my hair fall and also so much dandruff please suggest me the right one treatment. Some month ago i taken the homeopathy treatment at the starting of the day it works but after some days i loose my hair falling again. If any one have want a good doctor to me suggest then i will very thankful to you for this.   

webmd_rf_photo_of_man_applying_minoxidil.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finasteride is approved for hair loss in men, and it helps to preserve existing hair for balding men. Some men experience side effects, but most don’t. There is lots of information about it on this board, including user experiences, both good and bad. 

Flaking of the skin is typically due to using shampoo the have alcohol in it.  Your scalp dries and then starts flaking.  So, first thing....avoid avoid shampoo with alcohol.  Second, visit a dermatologist.  There are conditions, other than a hereditary one, (as already posted by others), that can also irritate and dry the scalp.  The derm should be able to prescribe what you need.  If the condition worsens, getting a biopsy might not be a bad idea.  

I noted many discussing the use of Propecia.  Remember that there are other modalities also available to you that can help you with retention and enhancement of the native hair.  (Propecia, Rogaine, laser and PRP).  The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and are thus, synergistic when used simultaneously.  Talk to your doctor or hair professional about them.

• 4 months later...