Longtimelurker84

I deeply regret getting SMP

I am posting this here as I need as many eyes as possible to see it. I've been browsing hair loss boards on a daily basis since 2003 but this is my first tine posting anywhere. I am 33 and I had SMP done 2 months ago to add density to my temples. The ink quickly faded and now I am left what looks like grey patches along my hairline. Is there ANY way to have this pigment lasered out without destroying the follicles that are still there? I desperstely want to restore my natutal appearance.

20180816_213350.jpg

20180816_213345.jpg

Sorry to hear this.  Was the SMP just in the hairline?  Or was it across the scalp?

who was the person that did the work?  Have you reached out to them?  Whether or not you lose hair depends probably on how deep they went in.  The more repeat steps with lasers in any area, the greater the risk.  I read that somewhere.  

Here is an article that may help with your question:

http://www.smpdebate.com/how-to-reverse-a-scalp-micropigmentation-treatment-by-laser/

Edited by Sean

Can't really see any  grey patches along your hairline ?

Edited by Markee

You still clearly have quite a lot of hair, smartest move would be to grow it out a bit more so it isn't visible (I doubt it would take that long) and get on finasteride to help maintain what you currently have.  Laser isn't a great option when you have a significant amount of hair in the area and in a few years the SMP is will fade by itself. 

Agree with Jean. It is hard to detect now, and with a few mm longer hair, no one is going to see it.

Just sit it out. It has fadded so quick already.

Not to say: Name the "artist" who has done it and never set a foot in there again.

i wish you would of found me before doing this. THIS IS WHY IM HERE PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME

You didnt need any SMP your hair is perfectly normal it looks natural you needed talking out of doing this then you wouldnt be here now anyway damage is done so lets not go over it,

There is a Cream you can buy that will break the pigment down in your skin it wont effect the follicle it will minimise the effect very much, have a look for it on google i forgot what its called, it works for tattoos, Peace