Looking for some experiences with post op shedding / shock loss

Can anyone share their experience with post op shedding and if it grew back, didn’t, etc? There’s a lot of conflicting info out there about shock loss.

im 3 wks. post op, 26 yr old male, 850 grafts in the temple, on fin for 5 years with no loss. 

Starting at about week two my exsisting hairline has been thinning. Trying to be positive but it’s scary to see such sudden loss. Especially because it’s healthy hair (not visible miniaturized). One thumb tac sized area is bald now (not being dramatic)

The area of thinning are only where grafts were placed within on the hairline which I read can stress them. Anyone else experience this? Temporary? Permanent? Appreciate any advice.

I had two surgeries.  In the first surgery, I had no shock loss.  In the second one I did.  Mine has not grown back, and I am going on my fourth month, and I took Propecia and Rogaine.  Get an opinion from another doctor or a doctor not involved in the business.  

I have experienced some shock loss and even a little in my donor site as well. From what I have read, these hairs( not follicles) react to the trauma imposed from surgery. Since it is the hair shaft and not the follicles that shed, hair will grow back in a few months thus the shedding is just temporary. 

I also experienced shock loss roughly 3 weeks post-op on most of my procedures.  My third procedure was the largest and had the most shock loss.  It's related to how the scalp responds to the trauma level from the procedure, especially from the recipient incisions.

Don't worry, most of it should grow back in 3-4 months.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY