hey all

I am a NW4/5 getting 2000 FUE grafts in two weeks .

this probably won't "fix" my baldness but I like to think that it will help a lot.

re: strategy, should I focus on the frontal section (and if possible the mid-scalp)?

I am very confident in my doc's skill.

am I wrong in thinking that the surgery that focuses on the hairline is the most important one out of the 2 (or 3) I might need?

is it simpler (and therefore less likely to go wrong) for a surgeon to fill in the crown and mid-scalp, as opposed to start with a blank canvas?

just curious as I may or may not switch surgeons, mainly for financial reasons, and I wonder if this first session really does make the next one(s) much easier for whoever else gets involved in my scalp

Edited by HarryHonolulu

• Administrators

The hairline is the most important part, the hairline frames the face and is the first thing you and others will see. It’s also the most difficult to conceal, the midscalp and crown can easily be concealed with toppik or dermmatch and most wouldn’t even bother to look. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Do you have pictures? I ask only because I am a NW4 heading to NW5 and 2,000 would not be enough for me so I wonder how it would be enough for you. Who is your doctor and have they looked at you in person? I would not change doctor for financial reasons. I would prefer to save up longer and go with the best I can afford.

In answer to your question, most people would agree that the hairline is the most important one of the two-three you will need. As Melvin says, it is the first thing people see and it frames the face.