hairyg77

Are dr Diep’s results real?

20 hours ago, CannonScott said:

I hear you, and thank you so much for sharing. I'm still leaning towards Dr. Diep but his 7 month waiting list is discouraging so I'm still browsing around to see if I will find anyone just as good who could do it sooner. I did a virtual consult with Dr Arocha and based on photos of seen online I'm not sure if he would get me the density that Diep seems able to achieve. I'm going to try to make a decision over the weekend.

I mentioned this on another thread.  They (Dr. Diep), set me up for FUT five weeks after I applied. They called me three times with cancellations so I could have gotten in much sooner. But it was too much of a hassle for me to change my flight and hotel.   FYI

4 days until month 9 and still not seeing much improvement. I still have to use hair fibers to make my hair look thicker on top....which defeats the purpose of getting a hair transplant in the first place. The studies I've read suggest that new hair stops growing at this point and the existing hairs begins to mature. This is pretty disheartening considering that you can clearly see my scalp. The results I'm seeing aren't the results I was promised by Dr. Diep, so he and his staff will have to provide satisfactory remedies if my hair looks like this at the one year mark....which I suspect it will. 

D33229E6-7BD8-43D0-BD9A-44E75D64D76B.jpeg

A3A0341B-9B05-42DB-81E8-5032EB543BF3.jpeg

5B6B25B7-0354-486A-ABCD-5D05BA6E9DA6.jpeg

While I wouldn't be thrilled with those results so far either, it does appear that it has been slowly improving over time, especially in this last set of pictures at almost 9 months. Hopefully that slow progress will continue over the next few months. Something everyone should keep in mind though is that hair transplants generally don't look their best when the hair is kept extremely short due to not usually being able to get full density from a hair transplant. 

I agree with Behappy, while the results are improving very slowly, it’s clear thwre is improvement every month. Below is the timeline of the pictures you’ve submitted in months.

33F4CAFC-8FEE-42F0-8A75-F27510ED8436.jpeg

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I appreciate the positive outlook, however, you can see that it mainly depends on how my hair is cut. Just from the pictures, it looks like the hair is doing much better in month 6 than month 7. Ultimately, the hair density is still worse than before the transplant. 

Also, I would grow my hair out but unfortunately, the sides and back are much denser than the top, so it looks even worse if I let it grow out. My scalp shows no matter the length of the hair. 

You suffered a great deal of shock loss, honestly I would wait until 18 months, I have a strong feeling your results are gonna improve a lot in that time frame.

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

17 hours ago, thetown1003 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll see significant change by the 12 month mark

Yours is not the best time-line result, barely, but there has been decent progress and improvement in my opinion dude, from looking at all your photos. Definitely suffered some harsh shock-loss so you may need to move your “significant change” marker a bit beyond the 12th month to get the fuller scope of your results, since you seem to be a slow healer and slow grower when it comes to HT. Keep posting updated photos and good luck!

I'm almost at month 11 and the results are still subpar. The density isn't any better than before (I'm not comparing it to my hair growth throughout the procedure since I suffered a lot of "shock loss") I had the procedure done. Can't say that I'm leaving out much hope for more density at this point, which is unfortunate, because it likely means I will have to use hair fibers before for the rest of my life.

I like that my hairline is lower. However, it doesn't really matter much since the area is so thin/see-through.  Also, I don't understand why the hairline is denser but the parts right above that area are extremely thin. It seems like the doctor and his techs didn't take the time to thoughtfully map out how to even out the density on my scalp. 

I have my one year follow up next month and will be sure to express my concern regarding my hair growth and my experience with the procedure overall.  Doctors need to be more transparent and upfront about their results and the ways in which they remedy client's when the procedure doesn't go as planned.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Doesn't look bad in my opinion. Definitely improved A LOT from when you first posted your pictures. However, it's understandable you want more density. Unfortunately, you didn't share post-op photos, so we don't really know where the grafts were placed. You say the doctor and his techs didn't map out how to evenly distribute your grafts. This doesn't make sense. The primary focus of any surgeon will always be the hairline, the remaining grafts will be placed in the mid-scalp, but the density will be lower.

What are your expectations with surgery? I think it's important to remember that hair transplantation does not create true density, but the "illusion" of density. Do you mind posting some post-op pictures that show the placement of the grafts? Also, it would be nice if you could post a picture with your head up showing the hairline.

1 hour ago, thetown1003 said:

I'm almost at month 11 and the results are still subpar. The density isn't any better than before (I'm not comparing it to my hair growth throughout the procedure since I suffered a lot of "shock loss") I had the procedure done. Can't say that I'm leaving out much hope for more density at this point, which is unfortunate, because it likely means I will have to use hair fibers before for the rest of my life.

I like that my hairline is lower. However, it doesn't really matter much since the area is so thin/see-through.  Also, I don't understand why the hairline is denser but the parts right above that area are extremely thin. It seems like the doctor and his techs didn't take the time to thoughtfully map out how to even out the density on my scalp. 

I have my one year follow up next month and will be sure to express my concern regarding my hair growth and my experience with the procedure overall.  Doctors need to be more transparent and upfront about their results and the ways in which they remedy client's when the procedure doesn't go as planned.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Ok, if im being completely honest with you, i personally agree with your assessment.  Preop, you had stronger rows at this length or greater.  The ridges you had are not coming in strong and it does look more see through at the longer length.  Length that you showed prop.  Where did most of those 2700 grafts go?  I can see hairline has a stronger ring and behind it it is patchy, but where did the doctor focus surgery in, just the hairline or behind it to the center of the scalp as well?  

Hope things workout for you in the end.  Best of luck.  

I've attached post op pics for those who asked. As you can see, the doctors and his staffed lowered my hairline and supposedly placed grafts to about the center of my head. Melvin, hopefully this will give you a better understanding of why I'm surprised the hair is uneven and patchy. The doctor gave an illusion that he distributed the hair evenly across my scalp, but I now see that was an incorrect assumption on my part. 

The doctor lowered my hairline about 1.5 inches, which is why the front part looks extremely thin.  There wasn't any hair there before. Also, I wish I only paid $16,000...I paid $20,000....for this shoddy job. 

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

Thank you,

As I suspected, the density is focused primarily in the hairline and as you can see it is spaced out in the mid-scalp. How many centimeters was your hairline lowered?

I've attached post op pics for those who asked. As you can see, the doctors and his staffed lowered my hairline and supposedly placed grafts to about the center of my head. Melvin, hopefully this will give you a better understanding of why I'm surprised the hair is uneven and patchy. The doctor gave an illusion that he distributed the hair evenly across my scalp, but I now see that was an incorrect assumption on my part. 

The doctor lowered my hairline about 1.5 inches, which is why the front part looks extremely thin.  There wasn't any hair there before. Also, I wish I only paid $16,000...I paid $20,000....for this shoddy job. 

. Of course the area above the hair line is spaced out...I had hair up there. That doesn't explain why it still isn't dense above the hairline.  I already said he lowered it about 1.5 inches. You can do the conversion to figure out what that is in cm. 

Those photos clearly show graft placement towards midscalp as well.  Considering you already have thick curly hair, i wouldve imagined the result to be more dense as is.  That graft placement should have addressed your goals.  Not sure if you will see further growth.  For $20k, youd def expect more.  Your loss was minimal initially.  Best of luck.  Id reach out to clinic again and see what they can address. If nothing changes, you may need to get free consult with few doctors like Dr Bisanga or Hasson Wong, Dr Cooley, Dr Mwamba, etc 

I agree 100%, Sean. I'm a lawyer, so I made sure to sign an edited version of the arbitration agreement that allows me to bring certain claims if need be. At this point, I just hope I get more growth so I don't have to take any alternative action. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thetown1003 said:

I agree 100%, Sean. I'm a lawyer, so I made sure to sign an edited version of the arbitration agreement that allows me to bring certain claims if need be. At this point, I just hope I get more growth so I don't have to take any alternative action. 

Hopefully, you do get more growth.  I hope you do and that things go smoothly.  If not, you have your venues of alternative action including state med boards and the ftc as well.  Best of luck.  

Hey man, thanks for updating your progress, now that your are close to your 1-year mark and after looking at your photos I would agree, it is disappointing, especially since recently Dr Diep has been posting videos on his channels of recent AA patients and their results looked great. It’s hard to accept your results as worth the $20k that you paid. I hope it improves but if not then that the clinic addresses your concerns and not just brush them off.

11 hours ago, thetown1003 said:

. Of course the area above the hair line is spaced out...I had hair up there. That doesn't explain why it still isn't dense above the hairline.  I already said he lowered it about 1.5 inches. You can do the conversion to figure out what that is in cm. 

Sorry I had missed where you mentioned that. That said, you seem to be a slow grower. Some individuals keep growing until 18 months. Now I’m not saying you will, but you may still improve. I’m sure Dr. Diep will stand by his work. Regardless, I hope you’re happy at the end of the day. 

I wonder if it would look thicker if grown out some..? 

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look thicker when grown out :(. I’ll check in again at the 1 year mark and again at 18 months. I haven’t seen any new hairs growing in, so not too optimistic that I’ll see any improvement at 18 months.