hairyg77

Are dr Diep’s results real?

Hi. I am losing my hair and I want to get a FUE hair transplant.  I have been researching this topic for 1 year.  I read some negative reviews and a lot of positive  reviews on dr Diep.  I have seen dr Diep YouTube videos. I don’t know what is real and what is not real in terms of the comments.  Is there something I should be aware of when analyzing his YouTube videos? Am I missing something? Is it too good to be true? 

I ask these questions because I am a true born sucker....lol. I watch magic shows and I can’t figure any of it out. I can’t tell whether pictures are photoshopped on magazines. I do not know anything about optical illusion either. So, please tell me bluntly whether I am being fooled.

I am “considering”  dr. Diep for my procedure.  If I sound stupid please forgive me for my ignorance. 

Edited by hairyg77

His youtube collection is very convincing I will agree with that. I have a virtual consultation set up with him in September. The only thing people will tell you is there’s questionable/ethical situations he’s found himself in on this forum. Can’t say if they’re true or not, but I think that’s the main con to his great results 

They are very real for me. I got mine done a bit over 2 years ago and have been nothing but happy with my result. 

His results are real, I’m his patient, I’ve documneted my entire journey on this forum. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Same here. I'm a patient also, six months ago. My journey is documented here, and I'm very happy so far.

I'm a diep patient 10.5months in and I'm under expectation so far but everyone is different so I want to give the maximum time for the process before I say anything to give benefit of doubt to doctors work. Problem is I was somewhat an early grower so idk its not like I grow late but who knows. That being said I choose him for the same reason you are considering him because he seemingly gets great results for the least number of graphs from the people on here or on his channel. 

Hey bless up, did you create a thread? I’d love to follow your progress. 

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

No I never did but I'll eventually post pics at 12 months after I follow up with the doctor. 

Yes they are real and I had great results. My 12 month post op was August 10, 2018 

see my update video-

E0D263C3-8530-4FE5-BBF1-7AB06402FE19.jpeg

56AC3ADF-35F2-4497-A3D4-A85B8438BC6B.jpeg

Edited by hairvanity

1 hour ago, hairvanity said:

Yes they are real and I had great results. My 12 month post op was August 10, 2018 

see my update video-

E0D263C3-8530-4FE5-BBF1-7AB06402FE19.jpeg

Dude I literally just saw your result today, freakin amazing man, congrats.

FYI, at the time I had my procedure last Feb. Dr. Diep had a 7 or 8 months waiting list for FUE.  I had an FUT and only had to wait about six weeks. Although they had a couple cancellations, and I could have gotten in sooner than that. I flew into San Jose, and stayed at Motel Six in Campbell, (cheapest in the area, but nice room-no breakfast), which is only about five minutes from Dr.Diep's office in Los Gatos.  There's a Starbucks straight across the street from Motel Six, but that's it. I lived on bagels for the weekend.  $50 taxi including tip from airport to motel. $20 incl tip to the office.

Out of towners get a $500 traveling rebate off the total from Dr. Diep. But make for sure it's spelled out.

44 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Could someone maybe PM me his prices?

PM'd you

I am almost 6 months out from my surgery and I can say I am unhappy with not only the density of my hair, but also the direction my hair was implanted. The density is worse than before my hair transplant and the hairs and the hairline are sticking up and looks totally unnatural. I've had to cut my hair low every week or so because of how uneven my hair is growing in.  I also purchased a hair microscope to see if any new hairs are starting to breakthrough...and I'm not seeing anything.  I've now resulted to using hair fibers daily. I just can't shake the feeling that I was conned out of $18.5k. 

Also, the after care is terrible. It takes forever for me to get a response from the staff which is ridiculous considering the amount of money I spent on this procedure.  I'm going to try to be positive and see how the next 6 months goes...but I must say it's kind of difficult to stay positive when I haven't seen meaningful results in the past month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thetown1003 said:

I am almost 6 months out from my surgery and I can say I am unhappy with not only the density of my hair, but also the direction my hair was implanted. The density is worse than before my hair transplant and the hairs and the hairline are sticking up and looks totally unnatural. I've had to cut my hair low every week or so because of how uneven my hair is growing in.  I also purchased a hair microscope to see if any new hairs are starting to breakthrough...and I'm not seeing anything.  I've now resulted to using hair fibers daily. I just can't shake the feeling that I was conned out of $18.5k. 

Also, the after care is terrible. It takes forever for me to get a response from the staff which is ridiculous considering the amount of money I spent on this procedure.  I'm going to try to be positive and see how the next 6 months goes...but I must say it's kind of difficult to stay positive when I haven't seen meaningful results in the past month.

Since this is your first post, can you post your before and after pictures so we can see..? Thanks.

• Like 3

I agree, how can we form an opinion if there are no photos. Additionally, 6 months is way too soon to form an opinion. If you look at hairvanitys thread, he wasn’t happy at 6 months either. 

• Like 2

I just looked at both Hairvanity's post and pictures from 6 months.  It's clear from the language in his post that he was happy with the progression. Also, his hair density was way fuller than mine.  Here are the before and after you requested.  You can see unsightly bumps where hair is supposed to be growing and the density on top has diminished drastically. 1254310255_Before3.thumb.png.7f493827edf3a4d391d9221388b2fffd.png514226417_Before2.jpg.7cab4ae2351cdf21e0cd95fad7a196fa.jpg1073038157_Before1.thumb.jpg.1efe9b78901a308ba0a3744d8271e14e.jpg

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

After 3.jpg

After 4.jpg

The last pictures are the most recent? If so it appears to be some shock loss. Like I said, at 6 months there’s no way we can make final judgement. Unfortunately, this can occur, but it will likely grow back with your transplanted hair. I suggest getting on minoxidil to speed up the shock loss regrowth.

My Biggest problems are exactly the same as his. I suffered alot of shockloss in recipient and donor area.the doctor said it could take up to 18month for shockloss to return if I recall idk how that's even possible to take that long.The donor came back and 10.5mths in the recipient has not.i been on minox whole time. I wear hat now and before surgery I was fine mostly with my hair and never wore a hat. So I'm concerned that it may not get better by the 12 months. Hopefully I'm wrong but sucks to pay 20k to have to wear a hat.whats the point to transplant 5k hairs just to shockloss 2k of them out and have new areas of thinning out. I am displeased 

Edited by BlessUp
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the last four pictures represents almost 6 months post op. Also, I've been using rogaine foam 2x a day along with 100mg of biotin and finasteride everyday two weeks after my surgery.

Now that you've seen the pictures even you seem surprised. My hair is in way worse shape then it was before the surgery.  All I can do is wait it out now. However, if I don't see a huge change in the next couple of months I will pay the doctor another visit to see what he can do to fix this. 

town how many grafts did u get ? N where was it placed ? It seems like just to the hairline ? Did u shave ur top hair ? It does look thinner now . 

Keep us updated ,, hopefully it will grow back out .

I was scheduled to receive 2500 but apparently received a little over 2700 grafts. The hairline was lowered and the rest of the grafts were placed on the mid scalp. I have shaved the top of my head several times since it isn't growing evenly at all. 

Hi Every One,

Seriously, you guys/gals are awesome. 

So, here is my problem also. Is this a hit or miss type of hair transplant?  I ask this because I had a friend who had a transplant overseas, i think Korea.  I'm guessing it has been 2 years now since I saw him since he had the transplant.  He now has a full set of hair.  He did the FUE method.  The puncture sizes are too big and his hair strands looks like he had to put some cream on it to look real. The punctures of the hairs have left indentations around the hair follicle. In other words, he has indentations with hair growing out.  I could not tell what the natural state of the hair strands looked like.  If he didn't put that cream on his hair then his hair would not look right.  He has to have that cream with him all times.....lol (I'm laughing because I just realized this, sorry). Anyways, I dont want that to happen to me.

Does this happen a lot?  What are the odds of this happening?  I only read a few bad reviews versus the hundreds of excellent reviews.  

If I choose Dr. Diep to do my transplant and he does mess up, does he fix it for free?  Last time, I met him he did say that to me verbally but I am not sure he will hold up to that end of the bargain.  By all means I hope there would be no problems from the first time.  

The way I see it is like as if women were getting breast implants.  One would choose a doctor that would have best technique on showing no scars and making them look real as possible with no weird bumps and curvature.  

p.s.  Dr.Diep, if you are reading this post, sorry for putting you on the spot.  Please forgive me, I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox so I have to ask these questions from the experienced public......