hairyg77

Are dr Diep’s results real?

20 hours ago, CannonScott said:

I hear you, and thank you so much for sharing. I'm still leaning towards Dr. Diep but his 7 month waiting list is discouraging so I'm still browsing around to see if I will find anyone just as good who could do it sooner. I did a virtual consult with Dr Arocha and based on photos of seen online I'm not sure if he would get me the density that Diep seems able to achieve. I'm going to try to make a decision over the weekend.

I mentioned this on another thread.  They (Dr. Diep), set me up for FUT five weeks after I applied. They called me three times with cancellations so I could have gotten in much sooner. But it was too much of a hassle for me to change my flight and hotel.   FYI

4 days until month 9 and still not seeing much improvement. I still have to use hair fibers to make my hair look thicker on top....which defeats the purpose of getting a hair transplant in the first place. The studies I've read suggest that new hair stops growing at this point and the existing hairs begins to mature. This is pretty disheartening considering that you can clearly see my scalp. The results I'm seeing aren't the results I was promised by Dr. Diep, so he and his staff will have to provide satisfactory remedies if my hair looks like this at the one year mark....which I suspect it will. 

D33229E6-7BD8-43D0-BD9A-44E75D64D76B.jpeg

A3A0341B-9B05-42DB-81E8-5032EB543BF3.jpeg

5B6B25B7-0354-486A-ABCD-5D05BA6E9DA6.jpeg

While I wouldn't be thrilled with those results so far either, it does appear that it has been slowly improving over time, especially in this last set of pictures at almost 9 months. Hopefully that slow progress will continue over the next few months. Something everyone should keep in mind though is that hair transplants generally don't look their best when the hair is kept extremely short due to not usually being able to get full density from a hair transplant. 

I agree with Behappy, while the results are improving very slowly, it’s clear thwre is improvement every month. Below is the timeline of the pictures you’ve submitted in months.

33F4CAFC-8FEE-42F0-8A75-F27510ED8436.jpeg

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I appreciate the positive outlook, however, you can see that it mainly depends on how my hair is cut. Just from the pictures, it looks like the hair is doing much better in month 6 than month 7. Ultimately, the hair density is still worse than before the transplant. 

Also, I would grow my hair out but unfortunately, the sides and back are much denser than the top, so it looks even worse if I let it grow out. My scalp shows no matter the length of the hair. 

You suffered a great deal of shock loss, honestly I would wait until 18 months, I have a strong feeling your results are gonna improve a lot in that time frame.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

17 hours ago, thetown1003 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll see significant change by the 12 month mark

Yours is not the best time-line result, barely, but there has been decent progress and improvement in my opinion dude, from looking at all your photos. Definitely suffered some harsh shock-loss so you may need to move your “significant change” marker a bit beyond the 12th month to get the fuller scope of your results, since you seem to be a slow healer and slow grower when it comes to HT. Keep posting updated photos and good luck!