hairyg77

Are dr Diep’s results real?

almost all the clinics don’t gurantee results .. it’s cuz not everyone’s hair will grow .. that’s thousands of dollars they will have to refund back . So it makes no buisiness  sense to give guarantees .. 

when I had my consultation with diep .. he said I should have good results considering my hairloss n donor hair .. but it’s no guarantee.. that’s why it’s important for members to document their hairtransplant journey . N if u have really bad growth then the clinic at their choosing would choose to fix things .. but of course that’s not what they want to do . Most of the good clinics are booked months in advance . Why would they want to give u a free repair .. they be losing money .. so that’s why I always respect the clinics that goes out of their way to make things right when things don’t work out .. 

the popular clinics have so many clients and churning out hair transplants every day for months on end , they are bound to have unsatisfactory results .. it’s the consistency and good results that makes them popular . But to me , it’s the customer experience and care they give to the patients that didn’t get a good result is what makes them great .. 

I would speculate no Doctor has had 100% great results. There are just too many variables.

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying Legend. However, if the hair is in worse shape post-op, I think the clinic has a duty to fix the problem. Especially if the hairs are transplanted in the wrong direction/the hair density is worse than before.  I'd consider this negligence on the doctor's part. Anyway, I made sure to sign a modified arbitration agreement for this very reason.

1 minute ago, thetown1003 said:

I hear what you're saying Legend. However, if the hair is in worse shape post-op, I think the clinic has a duty to fix the problem. Especially if the hairs are transplanted in the wrong direction/the hair density is worse than before.  I'd consider this negligence on the doctor's part. Anyway, I made sure to sign a modified arbitration agreement for this very reason.

You are already resigning yourself to failure at 5 months? Unfortunately, hair restoration takes patience. If you feel the same way in 7 months then you have all the right to go to the clinic, but at this point it is way too early. Im sorry you experienced shock loss, but this can occur especially when you have a lot of native hair, you may want to get on finasteride as well to speed up the recovery. 

Best wishes- Melvin 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

I'm not resigning myself to failure at almost 6 months (I'm closer to 6 than 5). I'm preparing myself just in case I don't get the results I was hoping for by 12 months. Which is why I have been saying that I'll wait it out to see what comes of it.  I just think it's smart for patients to cover all their bases considering the amount we pay for the surgery. 

Also, I believe I mentioned this in my previous post. But I'm in finasteride, minoxidil and biotin. 

Edited by thetown1003

Here are my results at 6 months and 1 week. I've told my barber to only cut down the fly aways on the top so that it can grow in.  The hair is definitely getting longer, but is still extremely lacking in the density department.  Wish my hair was further along than it is, but I'll just wait it out to see what month 7 brings...

IMG_3746.jpg.6747348b66aaa51e062210dc46ba752e.jpgIMG_3745.jpg.290a81e4d3da39bc26e31d7cc6731f43.jpgIMG_3744.jpg.c15249da99dbf94d92661e97be73132f.jpgIMG_3743.jpg.571dcfa8f375a641b45fc1725239490f.jpg

It’s improving slowly, but surely. Seems like you suffered a lot shock loss. 6 months is still early got another 6 months to go.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Well I definitely would not call what you’re seeing “results“. Six months and one week is still pretty  early on and given what your hair looks like at the moment, I expect you will see a lot more growth and thickening to come over the next 6 to 12 months.    So I encourage you to share your progress over the next couple months and hang in there. 

Best wishes,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

Yeah he needs someone to help with him with his marketing as its very tacky and repetitive. It really does make people question the legitimacy of his clinic.  

I AGREE

Hit month 7 on Sunday. I get a haircut (mostly on the sides)every two to three weeks, to try to keep the hair as even as possible. Still not satisfied with the way the hair has grown in thus far. It's still not dense and I wonder if it will get denser over the coming months. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...

C6CB41BD-68F6-4068-BD4E-DF6601FB2223.jpeg

EAB3D25B-B478-47DC-B743-79C0A0E965A3.jpeg

ED13A61C-DBA5-4D44-9B06-49436F7A9D92.jpeg

On 8/25/2018 at 1:47 PM, SWdan said:

PM'd you

Could you me as well?

It's been 8 months and I still haven't seen any improvements.  In fact, I've started noticing some hair fall in the shower yesterday.  My hair is thinner and way less dense than it was prior to my surgery.  There seems to be shock loss on the top of my head as well as where the hair was taken from that hasn't improved since the surgery.  The hair grows much slower now and it doesn't even grow in the same direction as it used to.  I'm very disappointed/unhappy with how my transplant has progressed thus far and feel bamboozled by the Youtube videos the clinic selectively posts on its page.   The staff has been uncooperative and dismissive when it comes to my concerns about the progression of my hair transplant.  I'm going to wait it out until the full 12 months, but I don't feel confident that my hair will magically become dense over the next 3-4 months. At this point, I wouldn't recommend this clinic to anyone given my experience and will be evaluating my options with the clinic as well as my personal  lawyer.  I've posted my 8 month pictures to this thread so people can see there hasn't been any improvement from last month. IMG_0369.thumb.jpg.1f6e7c97c35d1ac05d733e433888483a.jpgIMG_0370.thumb.jpg.de8028b1f0dac896544f5709c87ea9fa.jpgIMG_0371.thumb.jpg.bb7eb70e0b9d17d62422701ccfa40997.jpg 

IMG_0372.jpg

Not everyone grows at the same rate, but you can clearly see things have improved every month. Especially since you first posted your progress at 6 months. Unfortunately, hair restoration is a process that requires patience. I dont see why you wouldn’t keep on improving even until 18 months since your hair has been slow but steadily improving each month.

edit: according to your post the top picture was closer to 6 months.

31E61F3A-D018-4F3B-B916-A8AB575F3A5C.jpeg

The first picture is under direct harsh lighting while the second one isn't. Also, the hair is cut shorter in the first picture and immediately after my Mexico trip (where I experienced a little sun burn). With that said, I'm going to wait it out until the full one year mark and see how things look.

Fair enough, even though the pictures are taken in the same room. Below are some pictures that are pretty much in the same lighting nearly identical positions as you can see the doorway and visible AC vent is nearly the same position.

The change while not drastic as you’d like, is still clearly visible after two months of difference in growth. You still have another 4 months left of growth and even longer for hair thickening and maturity. If things stay on track I think the results should look quite good. Wish you the best please keep us updated. 

3F9FA110-CC92-47FC-9AFA-10265F1EBDB5.jpeg

E3457879-315D-42CF-A879-F2B7F803B348.jpeg

Great thread. I was 💯 % sold on Dr. Diep. But his reviews are kind of up and down and now I'm not sure...I'm Black and I was so impressed with the YouTube videos of his Black patients but seeing he has unhappy patience gives me pause 😏

Edited by CannonScott

32 minutes ago, CannonScott said:

Great thread. I was 💯 % sold on Dr. Diep. But his reviews are kind of up and down and now I'm not sure...I'm Black and I was so impressed with the YouTube videos but seeing he has unhappy patience gives me pause 😏

@CannonScott,

Every surgeon has unhappy patients, even those who somebody considers the very best. In my opinion, Dr. Diep is one of the best and performs advanced hair transplant surgery with a proven track record  of producing excellent results.  Overall, his results are  outstanding. But, like I said, if you look hard enough you always find some less than optimal results from every doctor. In the situations, it’s how the doctor responds and handles these concerns that matters the most. 

I’m my opinion, don’t hesitate to consider going to Dr. Diep for your next hair transplant. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

20 hours ago, CannonScott said:

Great thread. I was 💯 % sold on Dr. Diep. But his reviews are kind of up and down and now I'm not sure...I'm Black and I was so impressed with the YouTube videos of his Black patients but seeing he has unhappy patience gives me pause 😏

Keep in mind the patient who posted the picture is not done growing. However, it’s good to consult with other doctors and choose the one you see fit for your situation. I’m a happy Diep patient, but obviously not every patient is happy, that’s the risk of surgery with any surgeon. Any one who tells you differently is not being honest.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Keep in mind the patient who posted the picture is not done growing. However, it’s good to consult with other doctors and choose the one you see fit for your situation. I’m a happy Diep patient, but obviously not every patient is happy, that’s the risk of surgery with any surgeon. Any one who tells you differently is not being honest.

Thank you for responding! Are there any other Doctors you think I should consult with?

52 minutes ago, CannonScott said:

Thank you for responding! Are there any other Doctors you think I should consult with?

Well there are several quality doctors, you can start by looking at our pre-screened physicians. With that said, in my opinion Dr. Diep is one of the best surgeons out there, I can personally attest to that, so I still think you should consider him as he has several happy patients on this site.

Pre-screened hair transplant surgeons

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well there are several quality doctors, you can start by looking at our pre-screened physicians. With that said, in my opinion Dr. Diep is one of the best surgeons out there, I can personally attest to that, so I still think you should consider him as he has several happy patients on this site.

Pre-screened hair transplant surgeons

I hear you, and thank you so much for sharing. I'm still leaning towards Dr. Diep but his 7 month waiting list is discouraging so I'm still browsing around to see if I will find anyone just as good who could do it sooner. I did a virtual consult with Dr Arocha and based on photos of seen online I'm not sure if he would get me the density that Diep seems able to achieve. I'm going to try to make a decision over the weekend.