Can't get a solid answer.

Okay, I will try to simplify my question. I have read that the transplanted follicles shed around 3-6 weeks post op. I am 5 weeks post op and I still have around 40% of the transplanted hairs in place and they have not grown. 

I guess my question is this, if these hairs do not shed and do not grow, is this a sign that the graft did not take? Or does one need to use tweezers later on to remove them to allow the new graft to come through?

I might be misstating the vocabulary here. I guess the follicles remain in place regardless of shedding or not. The hair shaft eventually disconnects, dies and as a result, sheds. Correct?

i found this info from Bill which helps to understand what's going on:

"Most if not all the grafts will most likely shed in the next few weeks. Some of the transplanted hairs will grow for awhile until they shed while others have probably already disconnected from the follicle beneath. These hairs won't grow since they aren't connected to the follicle and will eventually shed. This is all normal. All the follicles underneath however are alive and well and all the hair will rise again starting 3 to 5 months after surgery." again this is per Bill