Dr Feriduni 2500 grafts FUE March 2018 (second HT)

fatalist

Very interesting case. After the first pic I thought: What is this? 100 Grafts? But it is more clear later, even though the pics of Feriduni make it look better than it is in real live. I know it myself...

For me this is the perfect case for the question: Implanter pen or not?

Work looks clean like always wit this clinic. I think you are well on track for 4-4.5 month, considering that you for sure had a lot of shock loss. Frontal part looks better than the crown. Also not unexpected. You can also see (even your pics are blurry) that besides futher growth, the hair will mature within the next month.

Please continue to show your results and happy growing.

47 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Very interesting case. After the first pic I thought: What is this? 100 Grafts? But it is more clear later, even though the pics of Feriduni make it look better than it is in real live. I know it myself...

For me this is the perfect case for the question: Implanter pen or not?

Work looks clean like always wit this clinic. I think you are well on track for 4-4.5 month, considering that you for sure had a lot of shock loss. Frontal part looks better than the crown. Also not unexpected. You can also see (even your pics are blurry) that besides futher growth, the hair will mature within the next month.

Please continue to show your results and happy growing.

Thanks for a reply Gasthoerer. My case is slightly different in a way that I'm not ur usual Norwood pattern but Ludwick which is a female pattern baldness. Important to mention that this is my second procedure with Dr Feriduni. I have to say I didn't notice a great cosmetic improvement after my first one which was also in a region of 2500 grafts. I'm a bit apprehensive about this one as well. As you say the front looks a lot better (it always did). In fact when people look from the front they don't really appreciate that Im loosing hair(even before my first HT). It's the mid and the crown areas where I lack density. I do, however feel that this procedure/outcome should be a bit better as I already see some improvement. Saying that I don't see much new hairs anymore in the front area but there are still tiny hairs in the crown area which Im hoping will mature and give me more of a cosmetic look. 

P.S. tried Finasteride - couldn't tolerate side effects. 

Thanks!

Yes, it is one of the most obvious ludwig cases I have ever seen for a male patient.I do have kind of a mixture between ludwig and norwood and overall thinning myself :-( Shame that you could not tolerate FIN. Could have helped tremendously.

Just to make sure:

- You had previous surgery with Feriduni in the same area (Ludwig)? How many grafts?

- Was it a failure and this is a repair or did it grow and you lost your remaining hairs?

I think its a mixture of both to be honest. I did have some growth but I also lost some of my native hairs. I think I had quite significant shock loss and these hairs never grew back. Dr Feriduni was kind enough to offer a repair procedure. So this is the second (repair) procedure. First one was over 2800 grafts I believe (cant recall exactly) and this one was around the same numbers! I agree about FIN, would’ve helped in my case particularly with diffuse thinning but I had all the side effects (reduced libido, erectyle dysfunction and so on). I tried it again recently - same problem. 

As I said before Im hopeful that this one would be better but given that I have no more growth in the front/mid section I’m becoming slightly disheartened. 

In the past I saw no real improvement beyond 5-6 month but at present I can feel some small hairs in my crown area but unfortunately nowhere else. 

What do you think? 

Thanks for beeing so open. In my opinion it is very difficult to judge your case, without pictures of the first surgery. Also, like I said: Your current pics are a little blurry. On top: Feriduni's pre OP pics typically make the hair look better than they are.

But: I can see some progress in your timeline and if the hair we have seen before the surgery is healthy transplanted hair from the first surgery, I think you will get a great result. If this is your native hair, further loss could combensate further growth. You frontal picture looks like a full head of hair already.

Understandable that you are disheartened: I am at 3.5 month and even though it is a small case, I am getting crazy myself. Nevermind that I tell everyone else to relax until month 6-7...if it happens to you, your mind betrays you.

My next step would be also in the crown with a lot of remeining hair like you. Therefore I am think about implanter pen.

I think you'll be fighting a constant battle with no fin and this diffuse thinning. 

I know that you can't take it, but it is going to make your long term fight difficult and you may be losing as fast as you are implanting?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with you Spanker. I even tried taking it every other and even 3rd-4th day but still the same side effects ?  I couldn’t see any other option other than having a hair transplant. I really hoped that I wont need the 3rd  procedure or at least not very soon but Im not sure how this one will end up looking. Just have to hope for good I guess! 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Thanks for beeing so open. In my opinion it is very difficult to judge your case, without pictures of the first surgery. Also, like I said: Your current pics are a little blurry. On top: Feriduni's pre OP pics typically make the hair look better than they are.

But: I can see some progress in your timeline and if the hair we have seen before the surgery is healthy transplanted hair from the first surgery, I think you will get a great result. If this is your native hair, further loss could combensate further growth. You frontal picture looks like a full head of hair already.

Understandable that you are disheartened: I am at 3.5 month and even though it is a small case, I am getting crazy myself. Nevermind that I tell everyone else to relax until month 6-7...if it happens to you, your mind betrays you.

My next step would be also in the crown with a lot of remeining hair like you. Therefore I am think about implanter pen.

We must have got the procedure around the same day. Honestly I feel more nervous than I did last time in the sense I really would like this to put the issue to rest for a while and have high expectations based on the last procedure. Legend made a thread about a seemingly large amount of results from top surgeons being bad or unimpressive this year and I agree up to this point. As one gets better at research they tend to look for and focus on the bad results more and the success rate of "perfect" procedures in this industry even with top surgeons isn't great. 

• Administrators

Are you trying anything else to slow down your hair loss? I can't take fin either and my diffuse loss was worse than yours. I have had three surgeries, and honestly my hair loss seems to have pretty much stopped to a crawl with Lipogaine, Pumpkin seed oil and Ketoconazole shampoo. I don't believe that it's fin or bust to be honest. Fin is the best medication if you can tolerate it, but if you can't you should be exploring all other avenues, Laser Light Therapy (LLT), PRP etc. Another great product is Azelaic acid you can buy it on Amazon and use it conjunction with minoxidil. 

fullsizeoutput_38e.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Legend made a thread about a seemingly large amount of results from top surgeons being bad or unimpressive this year and I agree up to this point.

Had the same feeling, but I personally try to rationalize it and there is no actual reason for that.

There are quite some users complaining even before 3 month are reached recently (ASMED, Feriduni). They also make users with bad results repost their bad results and they dig for even more bad results from their clinic. I think that will give the impression that it is going bad.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are you trying anything else to slow down your hair loss? I can't take fin either and my diffuse loss was worse than yours. I have had three surgeries, and honestly my hair loss seems to have pretty much stopped to a crawl with Lipogaine, Pumpkin seed oil and Ketoconazole shampoo. I don't believe that it's fin or bust to be honest. Fin is the best medication if you can tolerate it, but if you can't you should be exploring all other avenues, Laser Light Therapy (LLT), PRP etc. Another great product is Azelaic acid you can buy it on Amazon and use it conjunction with minoxidil. 

fullsizeoutput_38e.jpeg

Thanks Melvin.

Yes I do use Minoxidil and I have been for years now. I used to use it only once a day but for the last 4 month I have been using it twice a day. I’m not familiar with Azelaic Acid  or Lipogaine but will definitely check it out! Your hair loss pattern is similar to mine so I hope these treatments will work as well. Did u have PRP done and are u using LLT? 

Thanks again! 

• 8 months later...

You will lose all hair in a norwood 6 pattern and you will need 8000 FUE lifetime. Fortunately Feriduni can get you there. You only had about 5300 so you'll need the same size procedure again, with 1600 in the crown as it opens and another 1000 in the midscalp. It's just the maths of it unfortunately as you won't keep much native hair. It will work out I think.