Best Hairline Doctor within the US

Doctors with a very refined lateral slit technique.  This can be tough as not all recommended or ISHRS docs are good at hairlines vs crowns vs beards vs eyebrows vs repairs vs etc.  Some just do not seem to have more artistic attention to detail vs others, but may be good with other things.  

I would get at least 10 consults with at least docs that you can review multiple hairline cases from.  See what each recommends as in terms of number of grafts.  Some docs can use minimal grafts and create great work while some estimate a lot more to try to attempt the  same.  You will see the disparities in the grafts counts when you do these consults.  

Just to start this list off and others can add who they think is good, in no particular order:

Baaubaac

Cooley

Feller

Bloxham

Konior

You got Hasson & Wong, but that’s in Canada.

This is just at the top of my head and I may have forgotten some.  Im sure this list may grow for US docs. 

17 hours ago, Markee said:

Razzy why did you go with Konior after using Rahal twice ?

Mark,

I was actually scheduled for a 3rd procedure with Dr. Rahal and I traveled to Ottawa but unfortunately no further grafts could be taken via FUT unless I wanted to have a stretched scar. It was too late to switch to a FUE procedure so I had to cancel. I've had great results from him. I've always wanted to go to Dr. Konior as well but his price was too steep (foreign exchange was to high from Canadian to US) and he had a long wait-list - he still does! I required only a small # of grafts and I was finally in a place where I could afford him and didn't have an issue waiting.

Edited by razzy

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

1 hour ago, razzy said:

Mark,

I was actually scheduled for a 3rd procedure with Dr. Rahal and I traveled to Ottawa but unfortunately no further grafts could be taken via FUT unless I wanted to have a stretched scar. It was too late to switch to a FUE procedure so I had to cancel. I've had great results from him. I've always wanted to go to Dr. Konior as well but his price was too steep (foreign exchange was to high from Canadian to US) and he had a long wait-list - he still does! I required only a small # of grafts and I was finally in a place where I could afford him and didn't have an issue waiting.

I just did a consult with Rahal and found his recommendations for me quite interesting he recommended 3000 grafts for my hairline and temple zones and then when on to say its a bit early to be targeting your crown area the diffuse thinning you are experiencing in that area means high risk of shock loss instead he recommends a (SMP) for the crown interesting and unexpected :)

Anyone care to comment on if they feel an SMP makes sense or not ?

The USD to Canadian exchange rate right now makes Rahal an excellent bargain for sure 

• 4 weeks later...

I keep hearing I need to check hundreds of results from doctors but I always struggle to do so? Even on this website, do you guys look for posts posted by the patients, or do you look at journals posted on the hairtransplantnetwork? Even on surgeons website sometimes they claim they have done 1000;s of procedures and I can't find that many!