Help with Toppik

Hi, I use a little bit of Toppik which really helps completely hide by thinning in the crown as well as add a bit of density in front. The one thing I really don't like about it is it gives the hair a really dull look which makes it look unhealthy. Is there anything you guys put on after applying Toppik to help with this? I typically apply Toppik last, after using a hair paste.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, nohair89 said:

stop using toppik. I clogs the follicles on your scalp, and doesn't let them breath. You will notice more thinning and quicker thinning from using toppik. 

Ummm, no, you are incorrect. Same fallacy of wearing a hat makes you go bald. Totally false.

• Administrators

Toppik can leave the hair looking chalky, but this can be easily counteracted with a medium to high shine pomade. I suspect you are probably using a "matte" finish paste, which certainly isn't going to help. In addition, I like to use a hair spray to lock it all in, which gives it some shine. Toppik is a miracle product, especially for the crown.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

During my hair fiber days, I remember using a hair fiber locking spray by Nanagen which completely changed the fibers appearance from chalky to natural hair as well as holding them in place. Just needed a couple of squirts after giving the fibers a minute to settle. Worked a treat, lasted ages and cost about 12 pounds sterling, about 16 US dollars.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shera said:

During my hair fiber days, I remember using a hair fiber locking spray by Nanagen which completely changed the fibers appearance from chalky to natural hair as well as holding them in place. Just needed a couple of squirts after giving the fibers a minute to settle. Worked a treat, lasted ages and cost about 12 pounds sterling, about 16 US dollars.

"During my hair fiber days."

LOL!!!!!

Good one, my friend.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Solarie said:

Be really careful with Toppik. It was good at first but then increased my hair loss dramatically!

This is a common misconception, toppik does not increase hair loss. Many believe that it does not let hair follicles “breathe”. This is the same myth that believed wearing hats cause hair loss. What causes hair loss is male hormones. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

I'm very curious about this, too. I'm planning on HT surgery but in the meantime Toppik has been a life saver, honestly. I'm interested in hearing more about this whole "increases the hair loss" thing as I wasn't aware of it. Is there something to back this up?