Timeline for haircut after HT?

Hi all, 

I'm 25 days post op and I'm wondering when it would be safe to get a haircut?  Right now my sides and back are thicker and longer than the transplanted area giving an uneven appearance.

Is it okay to at least trim down the back and sides to even everything out? Should I not touch the transplanted area?  Pics below.

20180808_005601.jpg

20180808_004610.jpg

You can surely trim the sides and back - although it is *probably* alright to cut the Transplanted area, I'd leave it for a while anyway - you never know if a slip of the shears could cause a problem. 

That is if your barber drinks like mine does.

OOPS!~

1 oops.jpg

Edited by voxman
  • Haha 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I think it's totally fine as well - especially if you're just trimming the back and sides. Be upfront with your barber and let them know you had a transplant so that they can take any necessary precautions, particularly if you have a strip scar that they need to be aware of. 

Personally, I was buzzing my head about a week or so after surgery, as I decided that I wanted things to be uniform. I did it myself and was extremely careful not to make contact with any of the grafts in the recipient area (although they were anchored and secure by that time anyway), and things worked out great. That said, you can always run this by your doctor just to be safe, as every surgeon has their own opinions/views on post-op care. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56