BigBen

Haircut and hairstyle right after shaven FUE (share ideas)

I have NW3 and had FUE done recently. I have been seeing different haircuts and hairstyles right after FUE. Obviously, the best ones are the rare unshaven cases where you can have a perfectly natural hair covering the recipient area. But for those that are shaven FUE patients (most of us), I think that you only have two options:

1. You can keep your hair really short until the recipient area looks like the rest of your scalp so you don't have random hairs showing up.

2. You can let your native hairs grow and comb them forwards like an unshaven FUE patient would do since the beginning so you cover the recipient area with them.

I would like to know how long do you have to wait for shaving your head after FUE so the first option is totally safe.

I am wondering if people have tried the second option, how does it look?

I buzzed my native hair including donor 3wks post 1700FUE. I'm now coming up to 5 weeks and will probably still look ok until 6 weeks, then i will have to decide if i am going to buzz it all over including the recipient area. I will probably buzz it all 6 weeks and keep doing that until 4 months is up.

So to recap.

1. Head buzzed by Surgeon day 1
  2. 3 weeks in i buzzed it all except recipient
  3. 6 weeks i will buzz it all including recipient
  4. Then repeat that process 9 wks 12 wks 15 wks and possibly 18 wks
  5. After 18 wks i will start to let it all grow out and see how we go
  6. If native hair grows quicker i will buzz again every 3 weeks until recipient can keep up.

Okay so basically you wait six weeks before buzzing the recipient area, for protecting grafts I assume, and then you'd keep the hair short until it all is uniform. Thanks for the tips. I wasn't sure how long you have to wait until buzzing the recipient area. I wonder if anyone is playing with different tricks.

• Like 1

I would imagine any transplanted hair that has not shed by week 6 is ok to buzz off, as long as your scalp has healed properly and you have no skin condition.

• Like 1