BAD FUT from Surgeon recommended on this website! Please help and give opinion

bbreal

You could easily go partly shaven and within 1 week no one would have seen anything with just 1600 FU. Or sport longer hair and cover the buzzed down area similiar to strip (did the latter).

Anyhow, let us focus on the future. I still recommend to see some more clinics on top of Alexander. I do not want to say he is not good, but for such a case you might need several opinions.

Who would you guys recommend I see? I just submitted an online application for Dr Cooley.

i am willing to get as many opinions as possible to make sure next time I don’t have to worry about anything 

• 5 weeks later...

I have done consultations with several top docs,

Some of them have told me they can fix me with another FUT 

Others have said my hair is too thick which means FUE with nape hair is the only way?

What is everyone's thoughts?

• Administrators

I would favor FUE in your case, you dont need many grafts, you just require refinement. FUE gives surgeons the ability to cherry pick grafts. So, the finest hair would be selected to use in the hairline. With that said, nape hair isnt always permanent, I believe most surgeons opt for hair on the sides of your scalp, this is permanent and fine hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, bbreal said:

I have done consultations with several top docs,

Some of them have told me they can fix me with another FUT 

Others have said my hair is too thick which means FUE with nape hair is the only way?

What is everyone's thoughts?

Nape hair is the worst to use, along with body hair.  The yield is absolutely terrible.  It will create a very see through front and it is unwise for surgeons to utilize it.  You are risking loss in the future as nape hair also deteriorates.  I am in a lot of pain due to it.  

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, bbreal said:

What is the difference between nape hair and hair on the side of the scalp? I want to make sure I don't make another mistake?

Nape hair is not always DHT resistant, many men who suffer from MPB also suffer from "retrograde alopecia" some individuals suffer from this condition. However, not everyone's nape thins, it really depends on your genetics just like MPB in general.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Another thing to keep in mind,  any rough extraction to finer thinner nape hair may be detrimental to its survival.  As it is weaker anyway (and thinner) then your actual hair in other areas of the scalp, the heat, friction, pulling, suction is more likely to harm it during extraction.  Manual fue may allow for a safer extraction, however, there is no gaurantee nape hair will withstand the effects of time long term.  Ive seen it in person, it is harder to angle and may not be a safe approach to hairline long term. It does look unnatural in hairlines.  Definitely, should consider utilizing other hairs from scalp vs nape.  

Definitely, should approach this with caution.  Best of luck.

• 10 months later...