My FUE transplant!!

Only time could tell.  Give it few months to see if you regain areas of shockloss.  You should never go do a procedure with minimal hairloss like that, in fact most surgeons may turn patients down or tell them to wait.  All your native hairs and new grafts can compete for blood supply.  What matters now is you have “better” growth in the end as the doctor said to you.  You should look better than you did going in.  

What type of tool was used for extraction? 

With minimal crown losses like that, rogaine and finasteride can usually help.  Or folks can use concealer.  Surgery is definitely something to consider as last resort.  It can make you or break you.  Only time can tell.  

Best of luck.  Just gauge it again at 6 month mark and then at 12 month mark.  By that time, you should have a clear signal on how things are and will be.  

I feel like I may have went in to soon. I should have waited till it progressed. My biggest fear is it will be worse. I haven't tried rogaine but should have. I've been on finateride for months now. I believe it was a 0.7 m punch. Could 700 really cause more harm and break me? I'm so stressed thinking about it being worse but know I have to be patient and know I went to a trusted doctor. That's all I can do. 

Edited by Worried in Il

@Worried in Il if using any meds/suppliments run it by the clinic first so they can be aware and guide you. The doctor you've chosen has posted some really good results. You stressing yourself out won't do the healing/results any good. Maybe stay off this website for a few weeks and try your best to stay positive.

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

So it's been 4 weeks now. I was doing ok until I took some pics yesterday. My hair looks so much worse than before the procedure. I used to be able to comb it over and you couldn't see any scalp now i have to use concealer. I really wish I could have my pre op hair back and go back and wait. I don't think my balding was that bad. Now it is. Is this normal to look worse? I know I need to be patient but could 700 grafts make it look that much worse. I'll add a pic so you can see my before to now. 

IMG_8676.JPG

Edited by Worried in Il

• Moderators

It looks like temporary shock loss. That can happen when you have some hair in the area before the transplant. Just wait a few months for it all to start growing in.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 year later...

So it's been over a year since I had my transplant with Dr. Panine. I had just over 700 grafts put into my crown. The results came out great! Especially for only 700. I just had a one year follow up. Stewart and Dr. Panine we're both very supportive and helpful throughout the past year. I know I was freaking out in the beginning and Steward assured me it would turn out great. He was right. I couldn't be happier. The first picture is right before the procedure. The next two are one year post. I am also on finasteride daily. 

Before surgery.JPG

1 year post op.JPG

One year post op.JPG

• Moderators

Looks like it turned out really well.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Glad you’re happy with it.  All the worrying in the beginning is pretty common but most everyone on this site would be thrilled with your overall density even at your starting point.  Again, glad your happy and posting photos along your journey.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Man how did I miss this, from worried to happy camper. Happy things worked out!

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 7:24 PM, Worried in Il said:

So it's been over a year since I had my transplant with Dr. Panine. I had just over 700 grafts put into my crown. The results came out great! Especially for only 700. I just had a one year follow up. Stewart and Dr. Panine we're both very supportive and helpful throughout the past year. I know I was freaking out in the beginning and Steward assured me it would turn out great. He was right. I couldn't be happier. The first picture is right before the procedure. The next two are one year post. I am also on finasteride daily. 

Before surgery.JPG

1 year post op.JPG

One year post op.JPG

Wow!! What a nice result ... after all those worries you had ah?

Congratulations and now it´s time to enjoy it ; )